Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Not a Rose, but Helen Mirren has a...

...flesh eating plant named after her!?!

Daily Mail ~ Most celebrities have a rose named after them at the Chelsea Flower Show...but Helen Mirren launches flesh-eating plant in her honour

Helen Mirren showed off her wild side today as she launched a carnivorous plant named in her honour. Nepenthes cultivar nepenthes 'Helen' was showcased at the Chelsea Flower show ahead of the public opening tomorrow.
    Love the pictures of her beside it and Dame Helen showing off her "claws"...LOL!!!

There is a new rose named for someone being unveiled at the Show though...

Veteran actress Vanessa Redrave attended the event with her daughter Joely Richardson, who organised the launch of a rose named after her late sister Natasha.

The UK-grown rose, which will be sold exclusively at Dobbies Garden Centres around the UK, aims to raise £10,000 for Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, the charity which grants magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening illnesses.
    Really lovely picture of Vanessa, Joely and the rose along w/that article.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    She is so cool.

vCash
    Not surprised by Dame Helen getting a flesh eating plant named after her. That is cool.

I loved that episode of French and Saunders where she tried to do comedy and failed.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.