Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cher turns 65!

vCash

Cher turns 65!

She may have had (self-admitted) 'work' done, but I still think she's one of the most beautiful women in the world. And her 'work' beats the sh*t out of the likes of Joan Rivers.

Happy Birthday, Cher!

Photos of Cher throughout the years...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    loved seeing all those photos! I think my favorites are actually those from the sonny & cher days where she isn't really posing, and she almost looks plain - except there's still this magnetism to her.

that aerobics photo!!! oh, the '80s....
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I love the fact that she's always had a fantastic sense of humor about herself - and is genuinely talented.

And that even while Burlesque was a (really, really, really enjoyable) train wreck, she looked like she was having a fantastic time doing it. I really enjoyed seeing her in it.

And it's definitely true that her work actually looks pretty damned good on her. I remember seeing a program on VH1 where she said she'd heard a quote once that after the apocalypse, the only living things on earth would be cockroaches and Cher, and laughing. I still smile when I think of that.

vCash
    Long before Madonna, she was the original 'shock' celebrity. Her costumes in the 70s were quite revealing - I remember as a 4 yr. old watching her sing 'Half Breed' straddled on a Horse with little more than a feather headdress, and I've been gay ever since

vCash
    Happy birthday, Cher!

vCash
    She really is a striking woman. My favorite photo is the second one, black and white with her hair up. Of course, when someone mentions Cher, it's the long straight hair image that comes to mind for me.

I don't like the plumped-up lips on anyone. If the idea is to make you look younger, can't they make the lips look like they really looked then?

vCash
    Happy Birthday Cher, I'm right behind you...1949.

Grooving!
    vCash
    Awesome. Two more years until she can be forced to retire! <ducks>

vCash
    I think it would be really really nice if she and Madonna would let themselves age gracefully. In my opinion they just make fools of themselves. Just my opinion.

vCash
    It is shame about the work because I have always thought she was a beautiful woman. But I love how she has never taken herself too seriously.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    She's got a GREAT plastic surgery doctor. I've always thought her beautiful, regardless.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    She really is a striking woman. My favorite photo is the second one, black and white with her hair up.
    That's my favorite as well. I like all of the black and white ones; I think because her electricity shines through so well.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I remember seeing a program on VH1 where she said she'd heard a quote once that after the apocalypse, the only living things on earth would be cockroaches and Cher, and laughing. I still smile when I think of that.
    Well, she'll find out soon enough.

vCash
    I like the second photo too. I've always thought her stunning, and I have always enjoyed her singing. Her ability to act shocked so many people; I absolutely love "Moonstruck" and while the critics may trash "Burlesque" I thoroughly enjoyed it (as much for Christina Aguliera as Cher).

Her son, Chaz, was on Piers Morgan a week ago. He said his mother struggled with his transgender-ness at first, but has been very supportive of him all through the process. He seemed very understanding of how difficult it would be for a mother to get used to having a child of one gender after treating that child as the other gender for some 30 years. When Piers asked him about living with such an icon, he said he knew she was a star, but to him she was just mom. Seems to me like Cher and Chaz have a pretty decent relationship.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I really like the black and white photo with her hair in an updo. Very pretty and I love her eyelashes. I know that sounded weird lol. I just have a thing for long, thick, curly eyelashes. Maybe it's because I want it and can never have it. Sigh.

vCash
    Cher is an amazing singer and actress.

Though she gave a great performance in Moonstruck, I enjoyed watching her much more in The Witches of Eastwick, Silkwood and Suspect.

And while she looks ageless due to all her plastic surgeries, I thought she looked the best during her years with Sonny Bono.

Happy Birthday to her!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I love the high couture photos and yes, the first black and white is lovely.

I want this dress. I can't believe I want a dress of Cher's!!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Does her birthday have anything to do with the Rapture? God hates those who worship Cher, ye shall all be smote.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I love the high couture photos and yes, the first black and white is lovely.

I want this dress. I can't believe I want a dress of Cher's!!!
    She looks beautiful there. Really natural and serene.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Whilst I hate the idea of cosmetic surgery, I do have a soft spot for Cher. She doesn't take herself too seriously, and I think she gets away with her cosmetic work far more than anyone else.

Happy Birthday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast