vCash

"Kathie Lee and Hoda" Segment on the TODAY Show

So last week I was actually awake early enough to witness this trainwreck TV live for the first time.

I couldn't believe how awful this show is. There was a segment called "iHoda" where Hoda talked about what was on her iPod, and then shrieked along with some Shania Twain song about not being woman enough to take my man. And the lyrics ran across the bottom of the screen with a little bouncing Hoda head to follow along. I was and at the same time.

All these two do is pour booze down their Botoxed faces and shriek/laugh a lot at every opportunity. I couldn't make it through the entire hour I was so horrified. Why, exactly, is this on TV? Do people actually like this sh*t?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I've seen it occasionally. It's ok, though not must-see TV for me. I don't believe I've ever seen the iHoda segment, it does sound kind of dreadful

Still, I do admit to having a soft spot for Hoda Kotb, as a fellow breast cancer survivor. And I think she is a real trained journalist. Not sure how she ended up doing this gig with Kathie Lee.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Personally, I like Hoda, but can't stand Kathie Lee
    I think some people watch it for Kathie Lee from her past days on with Regis. To me, she seems obnoxious and all too consumed with herself.
    From Boozeday Tuesday to Winesday Wednesday, to Luis Licari "la la la la la la,"
    I can't stand the show. :MakesMePuke!:

I love when SNL did/do a skit on them. To a T!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Noone caught the Kathie Lee nosehair plucking?
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/20/ka...how-nose-hair/

vCash
    I saw this for the first time on TV last week and couldn't believe it actually existed. I absolutely loathe it but now my roommate keeps watching it and I have this weird reaction where I know I don't want to watch it but I can't look away, like a trainwreck. Or America's Next Top Model.

vCash
    The show can sometimes by mindless, campy fun to watch. Kathy Lee can often be obnoxious though. She has a habit of constantly making these obnoxious facial expressions that she thinks are funny (and for some reason the crew also ... at least we here their *pretend* laughing in the background, LOL), and she actually believes she's a good singer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I couldn't believe how awful this show is. There was a segment called "iHoda" where Hoda talked about what was on her iPod, and then shrieked along with some Shania Twain song about not being woman enough to take my man.
    Minor point, but I think that's a Loretta Lynn song. Was it this one?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Minor point, but I think that's a Loretta Lynn song. Was it this one?
    Love that video!!!
    But I just checked on the Net and the song Hoda shrieked along to was actually "Any Man of Mine" by Ms. Twain. Apologies to the legendary Ms. Lynn for associating her with the drunken harpies....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Plus, I don't think Twain is the person who should be singing about someone "not being woman enough to take her man."

Too soon?

"Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    You're all telling me people spend time watching this inanity instead of doing more productive things like watching Deutsche Welle programs, CNBC documentaries, or the BBC World News; reading or listening to The Economist; working out; or posting on FSU? Horrors!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Plus, I don't think Twain is the person who should be singing about someone "not being woman enough to take her man."

Too soon?

Well, given that the man in question looked like an unmade bed and let his you-know-what do the thinking, Shania's well rid of him. Sounds like he and the "best friend" deserved each other.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Overedge is to Kathie Lee and Hoda as Rex is to Sandra Lee's Semi-homemade! (can you tell I've been helping my middle schooler with story problems? )
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    You're all telling me people spend time watching this inanity instead of doing more productive things like watching Deutsche Welle programs, CNBC documentaries, or the BBC World News; reading or listening to The Economist; working out; or posting on FSU? Horrors!

You might want to stay out of OTBT once Big Brother starts.

I catch bits and pieces of this show every once in a while and each time I am that this is related in any way to the Today Show.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I saw a dreadful Kathie Lee/Hoda where Curtis Stone cooked for them and some of their female friends at Hoda's house on the water. Ok, Curtis is a hottie, but they treated him like a piece of meat. They were making slezoid remarks and cabana boy jokes and talking about his butt when he walked away. All I could think is if it were 2 male talk show hosts and Rachael Ray, the guys would have been asked for their resignations the next day. Ever since then, when I come across them, I switch channels ASAP.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    I have no idea who or what the **** Hoda is (unless it is a very short, very badly made-up and -dressed transvestite from a galaxy far, far away....).
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    I have no idea who or what the **** Hoda is (unless it is a very short, very badly made-up and -dressed transvestite from a galaxy far, far away....).
    Anyone willing to share screentime with Kathie Lee deserves to be denounced.

vCash
    I recorded the Today Show during the Olympics last year, so I watched this segment in case they talked about anything Olympics-related. I enjoyed them. One morning, they had a pancake throwing contest and I was LOL. But, then, I always liked Kathie Lee. Regis is the more annoying host, IMO.

vCash
    I met Hoda Kotb in person. She's very striking and pretty in person.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I was hoping this thread meant they'd been cancelled.

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    The only thing I know about this segment is what I`ve learned on The Soup