vCash

Randy "Macho Man" Savage dies in car crash

Awww I remember him when I used to watch the wrestling.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pro...-1226060101990
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash

It will be interesting to see what World Wrestling Entertainment makes of this, since he was one of their very biggest stars ever, but they had not been on good terms for the last several years.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    He was one of my son's "heroes" back around 5th or 6th grade. It was at that time the World Wrestling Federation, and we watched faithfully every week. Quite a cast of characters.

bird is the word
    vCash
    I still watch every week

Macho Man was always one of my faves. He will be missed
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    In the age of photoshop and other graphcis editing software, I can't help but be cheering this way of commemorating him: http://wheresrandysavage.tumblr.com/

vCash
    I was sad to hear about his passing. He was a favorite of mine as a kid.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    I wasn't online during the weekend and didn't know about this... May is a tough month for wrestlers... RIP Randy, say hi to Owen for me.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have a photo of my husband and me with Randy Savage. We were at the Hasbro toy show in NYC, and Randy was the celebrity wrestler at the WWF action figure display. My husband is a big muscular guy, and Randy made a big deal about him - he followed us around and kept grabbing my husband from behind like he was going to start wresting him. Then he got the photographer and said "I want a picture with this guy" -- my husband made me come be in the photo because he didn't really want his picture with the guy. The photographer took 2 polariods - one for us and one for Randy. Randy has his arm around my husband and I am standing there looking like the third wheel on a date. There were a bunch of kids there, but Randy only had eyes for my husband. It was totally weird.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    ^^ I have to agree with you, that's really weird! But those guys
    get hit on the head a lot, plus a few substances here and there and we get a big bunch of weird people.