Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I believe that anyone could put a spin on anything. However, an overdose could cause a fall, a decreased level of consciousness, whatever (supposedly he was found after being on the floor for "8-10 hours" although how they know that....) When down like that, your safety reflexes like gag and such are not as effective, and if you vomit, you can easily aspirate into your lungs. So did he OD, and go in with aspiration pneumonia? Or did he have nasty pneumonia, which took him down at home? Hard to tell, and although his doctors may know the truth (they can usually tell the difference between community-acquired pneumonia and an aspiration based on the bacteria involved), kudos to them if they don't choose to share what should be protected health information.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    He says the press started the rumor and it was easily believable so no one checked it out. What do you believe?
    Jeff and his girlfriend aren't worth Drew's time anymore, especially with the most recent cast of Celebrity Rehab providing enough news to keep Drew in the public eye as he so desperately craves.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Jeff and his girlfriend aren't worth Drew's time anymore, especially with the most recent cast of Celebrity Rehab providing enough news to keep Drew in the public eye as he so desperately craves.
    Drew went to visit him in the hospital so I don't understand this statement.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Not surprising, but very sad. I will keep him in my prayers.

vCash
    Apparently drugs were not involved in Jeff's collapse. Another example of irresponsible reporting:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/j...ed-1023778.php

vCash
    I wasn't aware he had substance abuse problems. Very sorry to hear of his poor prognosis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    I wasn't aware he had substance abuse problems. Very sorry to hear of his poor prognosis.
    If you read the link in taf2002's post above, you will learn that his prognosis seems much brighter than originally stated, when it was apparently falsely reported that he had over-dosed. It's bad enough that someone is seriously ill, but to have people saying that it was a drug overdose when it wasn't adds another layer of to it all.

vCash
    Apparently though, if the CNN article is accurate -- and who knows if it is -- the drug situation contributed to his late diagnosis and the seriousness of the condition:

"Conaway has had a long history of drug abuse, which a source told CNN apparently prevented him from realizing he was sick until he lapsed into unconsciousness."

OK, now that I've re-read that quote, it doesn't even seem to make any sense! LOL! I mean, how can someone realize they're sick when they've lapsed into unconsciousness!!

Anyway, I do hope he recovers and starts taking care of himself.

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    Apparently though, if the CNN article is accurate -- and who knows if it is -- the drug situation contributed to his late diagnosis and the seriousness of the condition:

"Conaway has had a long history of drug abuse, which a source told CNN apparently prevented him from realizing he was sick until he lapsed into unconsciousness."

OK, now that I've re-read that quote, it doesn't even seem to make any sense! LOL! I mean, how can someone realize they're sick when they've lapsed into unconsciousness!!

Anyway, I do hope he recovers and starts taking care of himself.

O-
    While it sounds a little weird, it can in fact be true. You are sick, you don't realize it, you become unconscious - returning to a conscious state soon afterward. Then you realize that something is really wrong.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Now it seems that his (atrocious and trashy) ex-girlfriend, Vikki, is claiming that she has Power of Attorney and is blocking the family's decision to turn life support off:

Article

He's had no brain activity since being brought to the hospital. They've already removed his feeding tube. The doctors have said that he's continued to decline.

I can't help but wonder if this nutbar is more concerned that once he dies, any $$$ he has will be tied up in probate, thus cutting her off financially.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Unless she has a physical, written durable power of attorney (not just a financial POA), the family still will have control of medical decisions. To have essentially had no brain activity for 2 weeks generally means that removal of support is for the best. There will be the rare situation when the person will survive on their own; but I would say 99% of the time in cases I've seen, withdrawal of support proves that the machines/drugs were all that was keeping the person alive in general.

Glad that he's unaware.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I can't help but wonder if this nutbar is more concerned that once he dies, any $$$ he has will be tied up in probate, thus cutting her off financially.
    If she is concerned about money, then she better be concerned about the long term medical care bill which would wipe out anything that he might have in financial assests

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Unless she has a physical, written durable power of attorney (not just a financial POA), the family still will have control of medical decisions.
    This

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    the article about the ex-gf still says the coma is due to an overdose of prescription drugs, so I don't know how much stock to put in it.

the photo of Conaway and the chick is sad though - he looks like her grandfather.

I hope he achieves peace soon.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Now it seems that his (atrocious and trashy) ex-girlfriend, Vikki, is claiming that she has Power of Attorney and is blocking the family's decision to turn life support off:
    From what was shown on Celebrity Rehab, they had a very unhealthy relationship, although it appeared that it was mainly Jeff mistreating Vikki and not so much the other way around.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    From what was shown on Celebrity Rehab, they had a very unhealthy relationship, although it appeared that it was mainly Jeff mistreating Vikki and not so much the other way around.
    I think they were both bad for each other...but she wasn't as sick as he was, and she's a lot younger. Though it all seems like it will be a moot point soon.

vCash
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/27/jeff-c...lfriend-vikki/

TMZ is reporting he has passed away. Expected, but still very sad

vCash
    I hope the demons that persisted in his life here will now leave him at peace and rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I hope the demons that persisted in his life here will now leave him at peace and rest.
    My wish, also.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I've seen several reports now, so I changed the title. RIP
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast