I believe that anyone could put a spin on anything. However, an overdose could cause a fall, a decreased level of consciousness, whatever (supposedly he was found after being on the floor for "8-10 hours" although how they know that....) When down like that, your safety reflexes like gag and such are not as effective, and if you vomit, you can easily aspirate into your lungs. So did he OD, and go in with aspiration pneumonia? Or did he have nasty pneumonia, which took him down at home? Hard to tell, and although his doctors may know the truth (they can usually tell the difference between community-acquired pneumonia and an aspiration based on the bacteria involved), kudos to them if they don't choose to share what should be protected health information.