Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not summer :(
    vCash

The coolest marriage proposal I've ever seen!

This is some creative! And of course, being the sap I am, I got all leaky watching it!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I saw this earlier and loved it. I even got teary eyed!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Wow how did he do that? I wonder how much he had to pay for that.
    I am not sure what to think. I guess it's sweet, but also a little embarrassing happening in front of all those people.

vCash
    I think the theatre was filled with friends and family. It was not a real movie showing.

But yeah, as beautiful as it was, I was wondering how much it cost him too.

vCash
    I think at the end he shows her that everyone in the theater is someone she knows. Maybe he has a good friend at the theater so he got a break but if not it probably was expensive. However, people rent out theaters often so it can't be that outrageous.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I'm sorry, this might make me a grinch or whatever, but I would accept the proposal publically...and privately rip him a new one, probably before giving him back the ring.

I hate public proposals. Hate them, hate them, HATE THEM. It becomes more about "look at this huge gesture I made. Look at me proposing to you. Aren't I a great, fabulous, romantic guy? I'll bet every girl wishes it was them instead of you." It puts you on the spot, everyone is looking at you, and it's not a special moment between two people, it's well...a youtube video.

Save your grand gestures for bad romantic comedies. If I ever get proposed to, it better be private and meaningful for the two of us, not us and fifty of our friends, family, and others. A Grand Gesture to me says: generic, attention-seeking, insecure about my answer so making a public declaration will ensure you say yes because only a heartless beyotch would say no.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Well, a proposal like this certainly isn't everyone's thing. I think anyone considering something public and grand should get opinions from his signifcant other's family and friends first. But it can be sweet and memorable, and I think this one was.

I don't think it's about attention and insecurity in a lot of cases. The guy proposing is probably just excited about marrying someone he loves and wants to do something memorable. My mom's friend's son did a big, romantic proposal to his longtime girlfriend, and he wasn't a selfish, attention-seeking type. He just wanted it to be a fun, unique memory the two of them could share.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    entire quote
    And I couldn't agree with you more.

vCash
    I could see how it would not be some people's thing. I just think it was so neatly done and perfectly executed.

For me, I would just DIE if someone did that. However, I do anything in my power to NOT be noticed in public. I don't want all eyes on me, even if they are family and friends. I hate being center of attention. My bf has mentioned throwing a surprise commitment ceremony and I've warned him how embarrassing it would be for HIM when I refuse to participate.
    -Brian

vCash

vCash
    Another proof that I don't have a romantic bone in me ... I cringed from beginning to the end.

I kept waiting for the teary part to come, but for me, it didn't. The whole footage is so corny and the setup so predictable.

But who cares what I think? She obviously loved it and that is all it matters. And at least as far as I know, this is the first movie trailer proposal so the guy is at least original at that.

vCash
    I think it really depends on your cuppa tea. If someone wants to propose to me in public, that's fine, but he'd better be dang sure that I'm going to say yes before he does it. If he really doesn't know, then, um, that's probably not the way to go.

vCash
    I'm not a huge fan of public proposals myself....although I secretly always wanted to be proposed to on the jumbotron at Fenway Park That didn't happen! I saw a pretty cool proposal at this year's Adult Nationals, though. The girl's boyfriend was hiding in a locker room while she skated (she had no idea he was even there at the competition in the first place) and after she skated and was in the Kiss and Cry, the announcer said she had a surprise, and he came out and proposed. It was sweet.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    I think that was is fake. She would have left earlier if it was genuine.

Having said that I think that sort of proposal is obnoxious and puts the person being proposed to on the spot.

The one in the theatre, where it's all friends and family and he makes the video I think works for them. Not bothered by that. Were it a theatre full of strangers I'd feel differently but I get the sense in that one those two were on the same page.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm also not a fan of public proposals in general, but I thought this was sweet. Having the sekret camera recording her reaction as she immediately recognizes the voices was pretty funny.

I do wish it had been just a regular audience though instead of all those friends. It looked like there were at least a couple of people in the background who were NOT part of the couple's circle (there's a guy with a total WTH expression in the background at one point ), but I had to wonder why she didn't think something was up when everyone she knows just happened to go to the same movie.

In February, there was a mixed-artist dance concert over Valentine's Day weekend, and on the last night, a dancer/choreographer proposed to her boyfriend as part of her performance. Again - not a fan of public proposals in general, but apparently it was a big hit (I missed the show unfortunately).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Not a fan of public proposals either because what if she wants to say No? but

PML! that he stopped at the snack bar on the way in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I hate public proposals. Hate them, hate them, HATE THEM. It becomes more about "look at this huge gesture I made. Look at me proposing to you. Aren't I a great, fabulous, romantic guy? I'll bet every girl wishes it was them instead of you." It puts you on the spot, everyone is looking at you, and it's not a special moment between two people, it's well...a youtube video.

Save your grand gestures for bad romantic comedies. If I ever get proposed to, it better be private and meaningful for the two of us, not us and fifty of our friends, family, and others. A Grand Gesture to me says: generic, attention-seeking, insecure about my answer so making a public declaration will ensure you say yes because only a heartless beyotch would say no.
    Oh, absolutely. If I were to find the right guy, I really hope he'll know that I'm the last person who would want such a thing! It's wonderful to be able to celebrate with loved ones - but like you, I'd want the proposal itself to be private and meaningful. Also, public proposals require a lot of work and often this means that the person being proposed to is the last to know about it; personally, I just don't get the appeal of this.

But I can see how for some couples a public proposal can be just the thing for their personalities and relationship. To each their own

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Add me to the list of people who don't like public proposals. I prefer to think of it as a private moment between two people and not a show for everyone you know.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I don't mind public proposals. The upside to them is, even if the couple have talked marriage before and she's somewhat expecting one, she'll still be surprised. But it has to be something that both parties are into. I have a friend who really wanted a public proposal, but her boyfriend was intensely private and would have been so uncomfortable. She said, "so what? It's about me." Surprisingly, they're not together anymore...

I thought the video was sweet, and I admit to tearing up. Music totally plays my emotions like a banjo. It's ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast