Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Talking

Just wanted to say. "YAY!"

Their longevity and commitment to each other and the sport in wonderful, I have always liked their unusual and unique lift exits...

Plus they both seem like such great people!!

Go E/L 2011 US Champs!!!!

vCash
    Yay!

vCash
    Terrific news!!! `
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Loving all the support for Amanda and Mark. What I hope they have this coming season is a renewed confidence in themselves. It seems many on here believe that they can be our champions this season and I hope they go out there and skate like the #1 team we know they are capable of being. It's not that I didn't see the confidence last season but I hope they have even more!

And here's hoping for some great programs, too!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post

My wish is that Amanda stops her little ritual of "glaring down at the judges" before she skates to her starting position before a program. What is that all about?
    I've never noticed this. I guess I should pay better attention. Do you have a YouTube clip where she does this? If not, no worries. I'll have to find it myself. But TIA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    I've never noticed this. I guess I should pay better attention. Do you have a YouTube clip where she does this? If not, no worries. I'll have to find it myself. But TIA.
    Find any recent competition and she does this. It's not a nasty glare and sometimes even occasionally nods and mouths "thank you" or "hello" to individual judges. But I find it quite bizarre. This always happens soon after their names are called. Amanda & Mark skate away from the boards, then Amanda breaks away from Mark and skates up to the judges/officials, making a point of making eye contact with every one of them, as she glides past, hands on hips. This takes about 15-20 seconds. Then she rejoins Mark at center ice.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Find any recent competition and she does this. It's not a nasty glare and sometimes even occasionally nods and mouths "thank you" or "hello" to individual judges. But I find it quite bizarre. This always happens soon after their names are called. Amanda & Mark skate away from the boards, then Amanda breaks away from Mark and skates up to the judges/officials, making a point of making eye contact with every one of them, as she glides past, hands on hips. This takes about 15-20 seconds. Then she rejoins Mark at center ice.
    I can't imagine she's glaring at them; she seems like a total sweetie. Maybe she's picturing them in their underwear, as a relaxation technique?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Wait... so they aren't breaking up? I don't understand.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Icenetwork:
    Evora, Ladwig commit to skate next season
    U.S. pair bucks the trend and stays together

"We're going against the grain, aren't we?'' Peterson said with a laugh. "I wasn't really sure which direction they were going to go, but I can't lie, I'm very happy about their decision.''

"Mark and Amanda have a strong sense of communication,'' Peterson said. "It's never been only, 'I want to win nationals,' for them. Their medals have been icing on the cake. They're skating because they want to and because they love the sport.''

vCash
    Feeling like a total sentimental fool, I got all emotional reading that icenetwork article . Best of luck to Amanda and Mark.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Amanda has done this during her entire skating career. It's just how she gets ready to skate and I see nothing wrong with it. I think it's just her way of letting the judges know that she's going to give everything she has in her performance and hopes they enjoy their program. She has a little saying that she always says to herself at that same time but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Whatever works for her and I say more power to her. I wouldn't be able to look the judges in the eye before I skated, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

...Her?
    vCash
    I'm so glad they're staying in, they are seriously two of the nicest people I've met in this sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    I'm so glad they're staying in, they are seriously two of the nicest people I've met in this sport.
    Agreed. I love their skating and they are wonderful people. I'm so glad they are giving it at least one more year.

vCash
    Now I have an excuse to take a few trips from my new home in St. Petersburg to Ellenton! Only about a 25 minute drive! HeatherC, keep us posted on club shows they'll be at!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123