Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm sorry I just DO NOT understand why John would leave Caitlin for Caydee!!??
    Last edited by Jenna; 05-17-2011 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I'm sorry I just DO NOT understand why John would leave Caitlyn for Caydee!!??
    This goes to the villianization of the partnership. Neither Caydee or Caitlyn are the evil ones here - in my mind it is John and to a LARGE part Delihah and the CO. SPRINGS camp.

Instead of the "Mammas don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys" song, it should be "Mammas don't let your boy grow up to be Co Springs Puppets".

vCash
    Why do I feel sorry for Caitlin?

As many others have said, this team has to whip out major results-FAST-if they have any hope of squashing rumors (or, honestly, just proving that leaving their partners was a worth-it move).

I get a really shady vibe from all of this, but lately, I'm just getting a really shady vibe from everyone out there at the Broadmoor. There is so much unpleasantness coming out of there and it just makes me wonder what in the world these coaches think they're accomplishing.

I'm not trying to be negative, but it's really upsetting to see a great team break up for what appears to be no good reason and see this happen.

ETA: I know very little about Dalilah. She doesn't seem to have the same track record as Tom or anyone else (in fact, up to now, people seemed to like her)-what exactly is her deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    This goes to the villianization of the partnership. Neither Caydee or Caitlyn are the evil ones here - in my mind it is John and to a LARGE part Delihah and the CO. SPRINGS camp.

Instead of the "Mammas don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys" song, it should be "Mammas don't let your boy grow up to be Co Springs Puppets".
    Ughh. There has to be something going on behind the scenes. It's all too bizarre. They seemed so happy with their scores and placement in Moscow.

vCash
    Wow...hold up- who is this "Delilah" and why is such a big deal being made about her? And why is CO springs so bad? Something really isn't making sense to me.

vCash
    While we are splitting up pairs -

After, we take up a collection and bribe Bryce to come down here and skate with Caitlin, we can split Marley / Brubaker, so he can skate with Marissa Castelli. That would be

Mary Beth can go into Singles full-time [the US can use all the ladies it can get]

Simon Shnapir can skate with Alexe Gilles, whom we will also bribe to get to switch. THAT would be fun. Like the monster trucks edition of Pairs skating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Wow...hold up- who is this "Delilah" and why is such a big deal being made about her? And why is CO springs so bad? Something really isn't making sense to me.
    Dalilah is the coach-she was Y/C's coach and Caydee came to her after Nats. People suspect that she may have conducted some shady deals to set up this pair.

vCash
    And in other news in Bizarroland. . . . The only way to make it more bizarre would be for Barrett to have a change of heart and sudden recovery and immediate acquisition of beautiful lines and pair up with Caitlin, with great success.

vCash
    IMO, if USFS has any sense at all, they will find a partner for Caitlyn ASAP ... think of the drama (which should increase ticket sales, etc.) if Caitlyn and New Partner can meet Caydee and John at Nats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    And in other news in Bizarroland. . . . The only way to make it more bizarre would be for Barrett to have a change of heart and sudden recovery and immediate acquisition of beautiful lines and pair up with Caitlin, with great success.
    That would be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    IMO, if USFS has any sense at all, they will find a partner for Caitlyn ASAP ... think of the drama (which should increase ticket sales, etc.) if Caitlyn and New Partner can meet Caydee and John at Nats.
    Will it, really? I mean, I can't see why the manufactured drama would make a difference.

[No offense meant; the idea is there, I just don't see it working.]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Well there were more than three teams at US nationals so I think it was a competition. And I think that US pairs put a lot of effort into their skating, even if few of them ever reach the top in the world. I don't think they should all be dismissed with a wave of a hand.
    You are being far too defensive about a comment you made to begin with. You said since they are both national champs they can probably win again. Sure they can...but when your only "real" competition is a singles skater who is new to pairs with her partner and Evora and Ladwig who have never won nationals before and their worlds best is 9th....will it be that hard for them to be in contention? Doubtful, unless the teams from 5-13th place at nationals really step up and challenge them.

Even if they win nationals the whole time they are together, unless they change the way both of them have been coached previously they will never do better that they did with their previous partners.

vCash
    Did the Rodnina, Ulanov, Smirnova drama draw viewers during the '72 Olympics?

Wait, I think that actually involved s-e-x

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    You are being far too defensive about a comment you made to begin with. ...
    okay then
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Dalilah is the coach-she was Y/C's coach and Caydee came to her after Nats. People suspect that she may have conducted some shady deals to set up this pair.
    Ah, ok. Thanks.

Still, I wonder what "she" could POSSIBLY gain from a Denney/Coughlin partnership. If it's medals, frankly I think Y/C would have been just fine after another season or two.

Perhaps if D/C come out swinging next season, all this will be explained.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Still, I wonder what "she" could POSSIBLY gain from a Denney/Coughlin partnership
    I think that MONEY has been mentioned in one or two or more posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I can't help but wonder about Delilah's involvement in all of this. I mean... she was obviously very involved. I've never been a big fan of her coaching, not to mention her habit of pairing 11-year-olds with 20somethings, but I liked that the US had a pairs skating hub of some sort. But this is just so dirty.
    I've always thought Dalilah was developing individual pair skaters as opposed to pair teams with these partnerships. Particularly in the novice and junior level. It never seemed realistic to think that the 20 year old was going to wait for the tween to reach senior eligible age in order for them to maybe compete senior. Especially when you consider the $$ aspect involved. Mind you, she isn't the first, last or only coach to do this.

vCash
    Oh god, only page 3 and we're calling people "evil' over this already?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    There's also some speculation that the Denney sisters were negotiated as a package deal for Dalilah, creating an environment that allowed the chain of events.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Most sports trades are reciprocal -- this is very one-sided at the present moment.
    Reciprocal for the teams, not necessarily the individual players. There are plenty of sports trades that result in a talented player (or more) being caught out in the cold, with little time or position to find another team.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast