Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Nutmeg State Games...Figure Skating

    Is there anyone here who will be going to compete in it? Or at least someone who can please tell me if they are getting an unusual number of Skates signed-up for competition this year? As compared to last year. As I would think that's the only way this could happen. Because I heard and read that the Competition is July,9th. But may go into July,10th (if nesasary). So I'm trying to figue out why it may even be nessaery. As from what I know. The competition is an all-day event. So it would be really unlikely (not happening either) that they'd have to over-lap. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,339
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17204
    Here's the official info page: http://www.nutmegstategames.org/cont...m?page=fskinfo
    Once the official schedule is published online, we'll know for sure if a 2nd day of competition on Sunday is needed.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's the official info page: http://www.nutmegstategames.org/cont...m?page=fskinfo
    Once the official schedule is published online, we'll know for sure if a 2nd day of competition on Sunday is needed.
    But,why are they thinking a 2nd day might be needed? Are there so many skaters signing up this year they just have to HOPE for the normal ONE Day event? What goes on?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In the Land of Unrealistic Assumptions
    Posts
    4,514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2517
    When a club applies for a competition sanction from USFS, they have to specify the dates of the competition. So if the club thinks that there might be chance of getting too many skaters to fit into one day, they apply for two days. Then they have to announce that the competition will run for two days. If they don't get enough skaters to use the second day, it's still okay and they can hold a test session or something else on the second day.

    If they only got a sanction for one day, and then had too many skaters to fit into it, then they'd have to refund fees for the skaters they couldn't accommodate. They can only hold the competition on the date they have a sanction for.

    NSG is offering a lot of events so so it's very possible they could need two days to fit everything in.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    When a club applies for a competition sanction from USFS, they have to specify the dates of the competition. So if the club thinks that there might be chance of getting too many skaters to fit into one day, they apply for two days. Then they have to announce that the competition will run for two days. If they don't get enough skaters to use the second day, it's still okay and they can hold a test session or something else on the second day.

    If they only got a sanction for one day, and then had too many skaters to fit into it, then they'd have to refund fees for the skaters they couldn't accommodate. They can only hold the competition on the date they have a sanction for.

    NSG is offering a lot of events so so it's very possible they could need two days to fit everything in.

    So,basicly a Club,Rink,or what-not,always asks for 1-more day then needed auto. just in case something happens,right? BTW. define Sanction.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    659
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    A "sanction" is US Figure Skating giving a club permission to hold a competition. The entry forms get checked out, and the club has to show what events they plan to hold, what officials are coming to judge the competition, and other things. US Figure Skating needs to know that the club will follow the rules of competition and that everything will be done correctly and fairly. When they are satisfied, they give the club permission to invite skaters to the competition.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    A "sanction" is US Figure Skating giving a club permission to hold a competition. The entry forms get checked out, and the club has to show what events they plan to hold, what officials are coming to judge the competition, and other things. US Figure Skating needs to know that the club will follow the rules of competition and that everything will be done correctly and fairly. When they are satisfied, they give the club permission to invite skaters to the competition.
    So it's kind of like a contract or agreement that a Rink signs with a Federation saying they promous to follow the Rules of the Federation for that competition? As they just can't say they're holding one,just in case they have dishonost people running the competition,right?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    659
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, you pretty much have the idea!

  9. #9
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,339
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's the official info page: http://www.nutmegstategames.org/cont...m?page=fskinfo
    Once the official schedule is published online, we'll know for sure if a 2nd day of competition on Sunday is needed.
    Here's the link to the schedule -- the entire competition will take place on Saturday, July 9: http://www.nutmegstategames.org/2011...meschedule.pdf

    Hope you can make it FSwer/Dana!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's the link to the schedule -- the entire competition will take place on Saturday, July 9: http://www.nutmegstategames.org/2011...meschedule.pdf

    Hope you can make it FSwer/Dana!
    Thank you Sylvia. It's good to know they can get it all in 1 Day. Are any Skaters here going to be competing? I'd love to meet you. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing. So I hope anyone who wants to meet me can find me.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,528
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just went today. It was fun. Has anyone here ever skated in the Nutmeg Games? BOY!!! I sure wish I could be like the young Skaters I saw there and compete.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •