vCash

Do famous Synchro. Skaters teach Learn to Skate?

Say,I read that the Dearborn Skating Club has a Basic Skills Program. Which lead to this question. Do famous Synchro. Skaters teach or help with Learn to Skate? Since that Club is home to the Crystallettes. Would the Crystallettes sometimes be helping out with the Program for example?

vCash
    Of course. Synchro skaters are just like everyone who learns skating and can develop skills and abilities that can lead to coaching careers. We have a few at my rink. The ones I know are pretty good with footwork and edges.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I skate in Sesto San Giovanni (where the Hot Shivers train) and I think 75% of the coaches competed in synchro.

vCash
    Pretty much any skater who is in need of extra money teaches LTS! They all live at the rink anyway, and it usually fits their schedules better than any other part time job (because you know that LTS won't conflict with their training time...since the ice is taken. Well unless there are many sheets of ice, but for the most part, it doesn't.)

vCash
    Absolutely!! Where I skate, a lot of coaches are synchro skaters or did synchro younger.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Ditto. Almost every synchro skater I know teaches learn to skate, or has at least one skating-related job.

But as for them being famous synchro skaters - while they are on teams that do very well competitively, when they are not wearing the huge false eyelashes, the big makeup, and the fancy costume, you would not recognize them as synchro skaters And even when they are all done up for competition, you still might not recognize them individually, because they are supposed to look as much like each other as possible.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast