Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Vacant
    vCash
    Wheee State banquet tonight which means mucho bling and some either fabulous or horrific dresses. Sooo excited!!

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Prince Andrew is starting to look a bit like Jerry Lewis.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post

Among the various Royal Family members who came along w/HM was Princess Beatrice and just as she's done the last two and a half weeks...It's hard to believe that well put together young lady was the same one who showed up at William and Catherine's Wedding looking as she did. First I've ever seen her wearing her hair that way and it really suits her.
    Princess Bea looked very elegant at the CFS - and I agree her hair looked lovely like that. What I like is how she took all the ridicule about that hat - and then auctioned it off on e-bay for £81000 with all the proceeds going to charity. She showed she was willing to laugh - along with everyone else - at herself and in doing so really went up in many peoples estimation I think. Kudos to the girl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Wheee State banquet tonight which means mucho bling and some either fabulous or horrific dresses. Sooo excited!!
    If anyone finds a link with some live stuff, please do share!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    If anyone finds a link with some live stuff, please do share!
    I'm getting a live feed from the BBC site and have already sighted my first tiara! Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey on the guest list -- also Tony Blair and Gordon Brown (wedding snubees).

ETA: Just sighted my first dress disaster -- one-sleeved thing, with a pouf/puff at the shoulder the size of a bowling ball.

ETA: Kristen Chenoweth sighting. Also Tim Burton and HBC.
    Last edited by skatingfan5; 05-24-2011 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    HRH is a pale dress with lacy jacket; FLOTUS in ivory gown with homage to Kwan "Fallin" dress neckline minus the straps. HRC in pale aqua -- a bit too pale, as she looks rather washed out. Camilla in medium blue and tiara -- she looks very nice and is sitting next to the POTUS. In close up, Hillary's dress looks a bit better.

Food info from BBC blog
    On the menu for the Obamas' delectation this evening will be a starter of sole with watercress and a crayfish and bechamel sauce. The main course is new season lamb grown on the Queen's Windsor estate, with roast potatoes, roasted radish, courgettes and green beans. Desert is a vanilla charlotte served with morello cherries.
    Last edited by skatingfan5; 05-24-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Which HRH? Camilla, Sophie or Anne?

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Wow, Bea looks amazing in those flower show photos. Seriously, where was that look a few weeks ago?
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Which HRH? Camilla, Sophie or Anne?
    Actually, HM, the Queen. Just caught one glimpse of Anne -- I think she was wearing something white and a very subdued tiara -- and she looked much older than Camilla!

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    I like Hillary´s and Camilla´s dresses they look great and age appropiate (also lurve the fact that Camilla is not afraid to wear huge tiaras - The honeycomb tiara is beautiful but not everyone has the head to wear it )

Michelle looks great but something is missing, I dont know.

HM looks great and gave a lovely speech, Obama´s was good also but the band mess the toast

vCash
    Camilla's tiara is very pretty- but it looks kind of silly that it's twice as big as the Queens. Guess there isn't any sort of protocol in wearing a bigger one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citlali View Post
    Michelle looks great but something is missing, I dont know.
    I think perhaps a little more "bling" -- maybe earrings that were a bit bolder and with more spark? I liked her dress, except for that bow at the waist.
    HM looks great and gave a lovely speech, Obama´s was good also but the band mess the toast
    I'm at work, so I was able to watch the livestream -- but couldn't have the sound on, so I didn't hear anything.

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I think perhaps a little more "bling" -- maybe earrings that were a bit bolder and with more spark?
    Yes! Maybe bigger earrings or more "shiny" ones?

Her dress looks great, a great cut to fit her body type, but you are right the bow doesn´t work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Camilla's tiara is very pretty- but it looks kind of silly that it's twice as big as the Queens. Guess there isn't any sort of protocol in wearing a bigger one?
    i don't think there is, because both of the tiaras Camilla has worn are the largest in the collection, and I imagine the Queen gave permission. But they suit her well, and probably wouldn't be worn otherwise, so it's okay.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    More pics of the Cambridges meeting w/the Obamas...

Dutch Royal Fashion site

Obviously the site is in Dutch, but there's great photos over there, as well as a picture and information of the dress Catherine's wearing.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Kate is elegant and sleek as always but what the hell is Michelle Obama wearing? It's so garish, like she ripped the upholstery off one of the sofas and made a skirt from it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Kate is elegant and sleek as always but what the hell is Michelle Obama wearing? It's so garish.
    Perhaps she wanted to create a real contrast with what she wore for the state dinner. If so, it definitely worked.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Perhaps she wanted to create a real contrast with what she wore for the state dinner. If so, it definitely worked.
    What did she wear for state dinner? I would totally wear Kate's dress to work.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What did she wear for state dinner? I would totally wear Kate's dress to work.
    As I described it in my post 106 above, a pale ivory or white dress which was a homage to Kwan's "Fallin'" dress from 2004 Nationals and Worlds. And as I said before, I liked it except for that bow at the waist.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, I love that dress. So elegant. Hate the gloves but I suppose she had to? And I agree, the bow is superfluous but not too bad. It's the gloves that bug me.

ETA:
    Watched some of the video: HRC looks nice with her hair up, in pale blue.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 05-24-2011 at 11:02 PM.

from Speedy Death

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast