Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,013 of 1013

vCash
    I actually think Mary could have it refashioned and make it look fabulous with her dark hair and modern fashion sense. But to leave it as is is just cruel.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Prince Daniel of Sweden is in the United States.

Nordic Food in DC: HRH Prince Daniel at the Norwegian Embassy

He spent a good portion of yesterday at the UN and sat in on a portion of yesterday's Session of the General Assembly.

Swedish Royal Family website ~ Prins Daniel besöker USA, dag 5

Google English Translation

Also Kate was named by Harper's Bazaar UK as The Best Dressed Woman in the UK.

Daily Mail ~ All hail the Queen of style! Duchess of Cambridge voted 'Britain's best dressed'

And don't forget about tomorrow and William and Kate meeting up w/Crown Prince Fredrick and Crown Princess Mary in Copenhagen to show the hard work that UNICEF is doing in regards to their Relief Work in Africa. Can't wait to see the four of them in action, as well as to watch Kate's really first big engagement w/non British Royals.

edited to add...I knew I'd forgotten something. I've been surfing through the Royal Order of Splendour the last couple of days to see what was new over there and came across this...

The Royal Order of Splendour ~ Royal Splendor 101: Royal Family Orders

I remember there were a couple of people who were asking just what a Family Order was when some of us noticed Camilla had recieved hers when the pictures of the State Dinner for the Obamas started being released the night of the Dinner. This does a fantastic job of explaining it all and also which Royal Families have their own House Orders. Oh and if you scroll down to read the Comments, you'll see a link that will take you to the site of Tonga's various Orders. Their Family Order is about two thirds of the way down the page.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 11-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    From today...

The Royal Page ~ UPDATED:The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge in Copenhagen for a Humanitarian Visit

About a third of the way down the page, you'll see a YouTube video from the BBC of William and Catherine being interviewed. This is the first time since the Engagement Interview that Catherine's been interviewed/answered questions from the Press, so another step forward as a Royal for HRH.

Daily Mail ~ Belting good look: Chic Duchess of Cambridge arrives in Copenhagen for first joint humanitarian mission with Prince William

Hello Magazine ~ Princess power: Kate and Mary join forces to help crisis-hit African children

Getty Images Gallery of Today

On a purely shallow note...Not that crazy about Mary's outfit, but I adore Kate's coat. And her boots too.

On a not so shallow note...For those who think this was a visit of no benefit? According to reports over at The Royal Forums board, UNICEF's Twitter page crashed a couple of hours after the pictures went whizzing around the World due to the increase of traffic *and* they've managed to raise close to half a Million for East African Relief so far today alone.

Not bad for a visit of no benefit, huh?

vCash
    Only thing I ever think seeing pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge is, "Why don't you eat?!"

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    The Vatican could make an exception for a royal couple and rule that the children not be required to be baptized or raised Catholic. And I would assume that British officials have considered the matter. They may have also considered that the business of the monarch being head of the church is more symbolic than anything as in theological and practical terms that role is filled by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
    They don't need to. They just have an Anglican wedding and don't receive an official blessing by a Catholic priest. Nobody's agreed to anything, voila, baptize the kid an Anglican. As you say, it's valid (any Bapitism in the name of the Trinity is--some of the odder Protestant sects phrase it such that it wouldn't count, and at my RCIA confirmation there was one man in our class who was 70-something. Since he had no idea if he'd been Baptized or what phrasing they used, Father Baptized him to make sure.) The Catholic spouse would be considered to have sinned, but they don't kick you out of the club or anything.

I'm Catholic--Baptized, Confirmed. As far as the Church is concerned, unless I do something spectacularly obnoxious (like get ordained a woman priest, found a schismatic sect, or something so out of line they feel the need to actively excommunicate me-you really have to make an effort) I am Catholic until I die. I can even go around announcing I've converted to something, and if I decide to change my mind, I confess, get absolved, back in the fold and we don't say another word about it. Pretty much the only way, other than doing something requiring the full bell book and candle routine, to leave the Church in the Church's eyes is die. Any point up to then, you can always say you're sorry. They do not LIKE it, and you are going to be doing some serious penance, but in this day and age they are not going to bust out full official excommunication for marrying someone outside the Church. (And that's really if you're in a strict diocese, though a Royal marriage would probably get Rome's personal attention. There are plenty of American politicians who've gotten annulments a strict canon jurist wouldn't have allowed or who have said things that by the letter of the law should have excommunicated them, but most diocesan priests and local bishops aren't going to go there.)

Of course they're also going to consider that your one valid marriage, whether they performed it or not, unless you've got grounds for a valid annulment. If you get divorced, even if you weren't married in a Catholic service you can't remarry in the Church. Given the current Royals' track record, that could be a serious consideration....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Only thing I ever think seeing pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge is, "Why don't you eat?!"
    Well at least no one can say she is preggers....
    But I think she is too skinny...looks bad actually...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    I'm willing to cut her some slack because that was what I looked like at her age. Tall, skinny, and no hips. People made comments about eating disorders and it really bugged me. Yes, I exercised, but not excessively. No, I didn't eat a lot of junk food, but that is because I didn't really care for it and I didn't want my face to break out.

She is thin, but she has also had an extremely stressful year. It may be good stress, but it is stress none the less. For some people stress = weight loss. I'm sure, given Diana's issues, William is aware of the dangers and will get her help if it turns out this is a serious problem.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Imagine the thread explosion if posts said she needed to put down the food and was too heavy and looked bad because of it...

It is not okay to judge other people's weight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    Oh, but the tabloids do. Last couple of days the one at the checkout aisle in the supermarket is saying how it's a girl and the Queen is NOT amused, or some such nonsense.

vCash
    Pics from Danish news paper of the two royal couples/

THe text basically states they visited and had dinner, visited UNICEF and heard about news on the east Afica crisis, they visited the packing center and looked at what was in the relief packages and also tasted some of in, including high protein pasta based on peanuts.

vCash
    victoria, what is your problem w/Kate? Every single post of yours in this thread is spiteful and nasty. I get not everyone's a fan, but what's the point of being so vicious? Did the lady run over your pet or something? If she'd done something so horrible it was deserved, then fine, but I just don't get it. Give it a rest please.

In fact, I think Kate's put on some weight since the Summer and think she looks good.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Um, not to mention--does she look THAT much thinner than Mary, who's standing right next to her? Mary has slightly wider hips, but Kate also is longer-torsoed which makes hers look narrower. (She does HAVE hips and they do curve like most women's, sheesh.)

She looks lovely and that coat is just gorgeous.

Vacant
    vCash
    Ooops look at the thread count!! Will close and start a new one.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051