Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Bless you, but I'm TOO royal for this crowd .
    Surely you are and
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Fergus, I've been thinking about starting a general Royalty thread for the last week and a half, but just didn't get around to it. Thanks for doing it!!

Edward and Sophie took Lady Louise and Viscount James to The Royal Windsor Horse Show on the weekend...

Daily Mail ~ Little Lady Louise swaps her bridesmaid's dress for casuals as she enjoys all the fun of the country fair

No pictures of little James in this article, but he was there. Pity the one picture that's really been making the rounds isn't there. They were all in the Royal Box greeting The Queen and she's holding the brim of Louise's cap in such a way it looks like one of those "Hmmm...I wonder who is under this hat?" moments. It's just such a Granny thing to do, but for HM to do that in public is so rare and it's also a picture where you can tell HM is genuinely happy and it's not her "working" face.

It truly is a wonderful picture and I'm surprised it's not part of that article. Regardless, it's lovely to see so many pictures of Lady Louise since we don't see her that often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    HMQ is off to Ireland tomorrow!

Here's the itinerary: http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...20May2011.aspx

The State Dinner is scheduled for Wednesday night @ Dublin Castle.
    I'm guessing she'll wear the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Fergus, I've been thinking about starting a general Royalty thread for the last week and a half, but just didn't get around to it. Thanks for doing it!!
    Cheers, my pleasure!

Pity the one picture that's really been making the rounds isn't there. They were all in the Royal Box greeting The Queen and she's holding the brim of Louise's cap in such a way it looks like one of those "Hmmm...I wonder who is under this hat?" moments. It's just such a Granny thing to do, but for HM to do that in public is so rare and it's also a picture where you can tell HM is genuinely happy and it's not her "working" face.
    There's a rather dishy article I stumbled upon online about HMQ and her relationship with Sophie and the Wessex kids.

Seems that both HMQ and the DoE adore Louise and James and are quite the doting grandparents!

Let me hunt around for it again so I can post the link......

Regardless, it's lovely to see so many pictures of Lady Louise since we don't see her that often.
    She was so obviously happy and excited to be on the balcony after the Wedding, it was delightful to see.

And its amazing how much she looks like her grandmother and her Auntie Anne.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-17-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    why? some people enjoy vaginas
    And some don't.

BTW, stay away from the Top Chef Canada thread, dear.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I did think about our Rex too.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I did think about our Rex too.
    Thank you, IceAlisa.

But back OT, where in the world is Princess Stephanie?

vCash
    ...But back OT, where in the world is Princess Stephanie?
    Doesn't she live with her current BF in a trailer park in Europe somewhere? I think they clean her up and trot her out once a year at state occasions.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Doesn't she live with her current BF in a trailer park in Europe somewhere? I think they clean her up and trot her out once a year at state occasions.
    I do love how she doesn't take this royalty thing seriously AT ALL.

vCash
    Last time I saw a picture of her out was for the funeral of her aunt, Princess Antoinette back in late March. Other than that, I don't know. But what I do know, is that she should either stay out of the sun or lay off the self tanners. Almost every picture I've seen her in in the past 3 years have her looking like an oompa loompa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    ...looking like an oompa loompa.
    Princess of Orange

vCash
    Princess of Orange
    Hehe... that would work if there really weren't a Princess of Orange.

I was browsing though a royal gallery on Hello!, and came across this photo of Princess Caroline's 3 eldest children. Such hotness should not be allowed in one family.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Tell me about it nerdycool. Especially Andreas.

The last pictures of Stephanie I've seen were from The Red Cross Ball a few months ago and she's one tough looking lady these days. I think she's trying to concentrate her efforts into the AIDS Foundation she started earlier in the Fall (?). IIRC, she's also an UN Ambassador for AIDS too, but I could be wrong about that. I do know the Crown Princess of Norway is one for sure, but can't remember if Stephanie is as well at the moment.

A listing of the biggie Royal Events coming up and I'm going by memory here...

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh pay a State Visit to Ireland

Prince Phillip's 90th Birthday and Trooping The Colour (Both on the same day)

Zara Phillips' Wedding in Scotland

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Tour of Canada and the US

Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock's Wedding

For those who adore Tiaras...If you get a chance to find the special issue of Country Life that's out there to mark William and Catherine's Wedding, there's a drop dead stunning two page spread of Tiaras in there. Some I've never seen before. One of those being a Ruby and Diamond one w/Cresent Moons and Stars and...*drools*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Edward and Sophie took Lady Louise and Viscount James to The Royal Windsor Horse Show on the weekend...

Daily Mail ~ Little Lady Louise swaps her bridesmaid's dress for casuals as she enjoys all the fun of the country fair
    She's so adorable! It makes me a little sad that they are so private with Lady Louise. I understand protecting her from potential cruelty, but she's a cute little girl and it makes wonder if her eye condition didn't have more to do with it.

The British Monarchy has a Flickr page, which they update regularly: http://www.flickr.com/photos/british...th/5709838468/

vCash
    HMQ has arrived in Ireland!

She and President McAleese look fabulous, in blue-green and pink, respectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkNqokvQfc

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    The British Monarchy has a Flickr page, which they update regularly: http://www.flickr.com/photos/british...th/5709838468/
    Thanks. Cute picture of Viscount Severn and Lady Louise riding with their grandmother!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    HMQ has arrived in Ireland!

She and President McAleese look fabulous, in blue-green and pink, respectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkNqokvQfc
    Love the Queen's hat!

Is that the President's husband with the DofE? His tie matches the president's suit.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Couple of questions:

1) What is Prince Williams last name? I have never thought about it!

2) Does Kate Middleton make a ton of money off of all the things being sold with her name and image? I just saw a commercial for some giant doll that is her in an exact replica of her wedding dress. The commercial had a disclaimer that she does not endorse the product but they do have to pay her for it, right? Can you use someone's image for profit without their permission which usually comes only if they get a cut.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    1) Legally, I think it's Mountbatten-Windsor, but he goes by William Wales. Officially, he (like his father and grandmother) would just sign royal documents "William"

2) You can't use a person's image for commercial purposes without their permission. Unless there's some separate law for royals, which I doubt (I mean, the queen doesn't get a cut of the stamps afaik) she would have to permit them to use her likeness and name. Hence why you'll see things like "Princess Doll!" that looks OBVIOUSLY like Kate or Diana or whomever the royal it girl of the moment is, but it's just different enough they don't have to get permission. Whether or not they're paid for their imaage would depend on teh contract (they might just require a certain amount go to charity, for example) but they'd need to sign off on use of their name.

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    For those who are still curious (personally guilty), Princess Beatrice's hat is now bid at £18,200.00: http://www.ebay.co.uk/royalhat

Less than 5 days left and all to a worthy cause.

Also, for those who haven't seen this mash up yet: http://peeancefreeance.files.wordpre.../rallyhats.jpg

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast