Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    One of HM's cousins has written a book which is being serialized in the Daily Mail.

Today's excerpt details her time as Lady in Waiting to the Queen Mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-Royals.html

I liked this part:

Later, I was deputed to register my aunt’s death at the Windsor registrar’s office. I was shown into the room of a rather fierce-looking lady and we went through the formalities while she ticked the relevant boxes.
    At a certain point, she fixed me with a beady eye and asked: ‘Right, what was the husband’s occupation?’ It seemed a superfluous question. However, after a second’s hesitation, I answered: ‘King.’ I think Queen Elizabeth might have found that almost amusing.

vCash
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Gawd. She does look great in that cream jacket.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    seriously, she is on such a roll right now.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    A slide show of Prince Philip's 90 years.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12412101
    Thank you for that! Boy, does Prince Harry resemble Prince Philip - it is especially obvious in the photo of Prince Philip as a young boy of about five. If it weren't for Harry inheriting the Spencer coloring, I would say he looks exactly like Prince Philip.

That photo comparison at the end of HMQ and DOE was particularly touching.

vCash
    I love the "comparison photograph" at the end of the slideshow.
    The enduring relationship between HRH and HMQ is obvious, and great to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stanhope View Post
    Thank you for that! Boy, does Prince Harry resemble Prince Philip - it is especially obvious in the photo of Prince Philip as a young boy of about five. If it weren't for Harry inheriting the Spencer coloring, I would say he looks exactly like Prince Philip.

That photo comparison at the end of HMQ and DOE was particularly touching.
    Prince Harry's strong resemblance to the Duke of Edinburgh has always seemed to me to be reason number one that the speculations that he is not Charles' child are incorrect.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Thanks to one and all for the links to the pictures from today's Service of Thanksgiving from Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Perhaps Sophie & Edward had a change of heart re: titles?

LOVED seeing the Duchess of Kent! I miss her at Wimbledon.

Princess Alexandra oozes royalty (Thanks, Princess Marina! ), she's just divine.
    I really don't know about Edward and Sophie when it comes to the titles for their kids, but that sure did make my eyebrows go up when I read that last night.

I also loved seeing the Duchess of Kent again yesterday. Soooo good to see her out and about again. I also miss seeing her at Wimbledon.

ITA w/what you said about Princess Alexandra. You should see the pictures of her attending the Dinner/Reception HM threw the night before the Wedding. She's in a deep purple and just looked stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I hope we all look as energetic and vital when we are 90, dear fellow FSUers.
    Amen to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    OMG, I kept staring at this picture thinking that that must be the UGLIEST hat Kate has ever worn - and then I realized that what I had thought was a mess of mismatching fur on the hat is actually somebody else's head, probably Prince Harry

It's an understandable thing to think though once you see the picture.

Two down, one to go w/the Garter Service tomorrow at Windsor!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I really don't know about Edward and Sophie when it comes to the titles for their kids, but that sure did make my eyebrows go up when I read that last night.
    Maybe they felt she's old enough to be asked what she wants, and maybe she wants to be known as a princess. Or whomever wrote that online just made a mistake. That's my speculation anyway.

Two down, one to go w/the Garter Service tomorrow at Windsor!!
    You're forgetting Royal Ascot this week! Admittedly, it's not as exciting because not as many members of the royal family show up, but the hats are usually new and fun to look at.

vCash
    Anyone else watching Finding Sarah on OWN? Her daughters were just interviewed.

http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/OWN-A...-Finding-Sarah

vCash
    I forgot about that starting tonight as I'm watching The Tony Awards. Oh well...It'll be repeated at some point over the course of the week.

In non British Royal News...

HM King Juan Carlos of Spain has been in hospital again over the last couple of weeks. This time it was for a knee replacement, but considering how ill he's looked the last couple of years, it's worrisome to hear he's had to be admitted yet again for something.

vCash
    Thanks for the news about Juan Carlos.

vCash
    I like that HM King Juan Carlos doesn't put up with anyone's crap. I hope he gets better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Maybe they felt she's old enough to be asked what she wants, and maybe she wants to be known as a princess. Or whomever wrote that online just made a mistake.
    I believe it was written in error - Edward & Sophie's children have never been referred to as Princess or Prince and the Queen, at their request, did not give them the titles. It was a deliberate request by the Wessexes (just as Princess Anne requested that her children did not receive any titles) - although by birth they were entitled to be referred to as Prince/ss. It does say somewhere on the official British monarchy website that they wanted their children to have titles related to being the children of an Earl.

vCash
    The situation between Anne and Edward's kids is a bit different. The Letters Patent of 1917 states that "the children of any Sovereign of these Realms and the children of the sons of any such Sovereign and the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales shall have and at all times hold and enjoy the style, title or attribute of Royal Highness with their titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their respective Christian names or with their other titles of honour". Going by this, the grandchildren of Elizabeth II in the female line (Anne's kids) would not receive any titles upon birth.

The main similarity is that Anne & Edward asked for something NOT to happen, and it was granted. In Anne's case, Elizabeth apparently offered to title Mark Philips (likely an Earl), thus titling any children from the marriage (likely Lord & Lady). They declined.

In Edward's case, his kids actually have the titles of HRH Prince(ss) by law... the Queen can't take them away so easily. It's just that they choose not to use them.

But I just thought of something... Edward's request was that his children be publicly titled & known as the children of an Earl... which they are technically. But when Edward is granted the Edinburgh dukedom, will the kids start using their full & legal titles? Because Edward won't be just an Earl anymore. Just wondering.

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    The Order Of The Garter Service today:

Photos

Kate and Camilla look great, I dont like Sophie´s hat.

vCash
    There's no doubt that Kate has a great head of hair, but I wish she'd take maybe 2-3 inches off the length because I think it looks stringy sometimes and it just kind of hangs there (especially when she curls the ends). Just MHO.

vCash
    Any thoughts on who will be at the top of Vanity Fair's best dressed issue? I like the fact that she will wear something more than once out in public. I understand the Queen does that as well.

I know this isn't fair to Fergie's girls but she really does make them look like the ..well lets say less graceful... stepsisters. And did Oprah help Fergie find herself? Missed that show....Hopefully that will be the last bribe she accepts for access to her ex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Any thoughts on who will be at the top of Vanity Fair's best dressed issue? I like the fact that she will wear something more than once out in public. I understand the Queen does that as well.
    I like how it's called "recycling" for them, but for us common folk it's called wearing our clothes multiple times a month.

vCash
    Kate certainly has pulled off this weekend w/flying colours, hasn't she?

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast