Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Can't wait!

And if anyone finds a lovely link or feed that works in the colonies, please feel free to share!

May I second this wish. I'm sorta wondering if maybe the BBC will stream it.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Yes!! Happy 90th Birthday to HRH Prince Phillip The Duke of Edinburgh!!

He just amazes me that at his age, he's as spry and as w/it as he is.

Great article w/quotes from Princess Anne, The Princess Royal...

Daily Mail ~ Gruff and grumpy? Not the Duke of Edinburgh: Anne tells of bedtime stories from Philip the caring father

and

Daily Mail ~ My sadness at lost Navy career and loss of Royal yacht: Prince Philip's revealing interview

The Queen's Birthday Honours List has been released today as well. Remember, Trooping The Colour is her HM's Official Birthday, so...

Daily Mail ~ Knight to sir you, to sir you knight! At last it's Sir Bruce as Forsyth heads Birthday Honours

Also on that list...

Joining Sir Bruce on the honours list is actor Colin Firth, awarded a CBE only months after collecting an Oscar for playing the Queen’s father George VI in The King’s Speech.
    Congratulations to Colin!!

And the latest bit of the Fergie promoting Finding Sarah tour...

Daily Mail ~ 'Diana would have loved Kate... she'd have been the daughter she always longed for,' Fergie tells Piers Morgan

One thing about tomorrow and the Balcony Scene...

Princess Pushy, aka Princess Michael of Kent, *always* makes sure she's behind HM so she can get into the Papers the next day. Okay then...What are the odds that she "ensures" she's beside Catherine tomorrow instead? I mean, it's a given a lot of pictures of the Duchess at her first Trooping the Colour in the Papers on Sunday, so...I'm just wondering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    One thing about tomorrow and the Balcony Scene...

Princess Pushy, aka Princess Michael of Kent, *always* makes sure she's behind HM so she can get into the Papers the next day. Okay then...What are the odds that she "ensures" she's beside Catherine tomorrow instead? I mean, it's a given a lot of pictures of the Duchess at her first Trooping the Colour in the Papers on Sunday, so...I'm just wondering.
    Ugh, can't HMQ make Prince Michael the Governor-General of some rock in the middle of the Pacific and get rid of her for a while?

Bad enough she wore that HUGE "Plan 9 From Outer Space" UFO hat to the Wedding...

...but if she was trying to hog some spotlight, it must have frosted her nuts to see Princess Bea's bedbug hat getting the attention!

Congrats to Dame Janet Suzman (aka the Tsarina in "Nicholas & Alexandra") AND to John Amaechi, OBE!
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-11-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Vacant
    vCash
    Wheeee Trooping the Colour day And congrats to Sir Bruce Forsyth for finally getting the knighthood he's deserved for so long. About freakin' time!!!

vCash
    BBC just interviewed two young ladies from Michigan at the parade

Can anyone access this live web link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/

And yes, about time for Brucie

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post

Can anyone access this live web link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/
    I get the message "not available in your area".
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Oh, sorry

Vacant
    vCash
    The family are on the balcony as the Queen stands at the gates of BP watching the guard go past and guess who's stood next to Kate???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    The family are on the balcony as the Queen stands at the gates of BP watching the guard go past and guess who's stood next to Kate???
    GET OUT! "Our Val" strikes again?!?!?!

Catherine and Camilla schlepping up the Mall.

Vacant
    vCash
    GET OUT! "Our Val" strikes again?!?!?!

Catherine and Camilla schlepping up the Mall.
    Seriously! Don't know whether she'll be able to muscle in once they all come back out with HM to watch the flypast but after reading this thread this morning I kept a lookout and sure enough there she was!!

vCash

engaged to dupa
    vCash

And all she had to do was step to her left and stand next to Prince William.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Daily Mail's Trooping the Colour article & pix!

William's grey horse is beautiful!

Catherine lovely (as usual!) and HMQ in a fabulous pale blue outfit! Hat perfect, loved the coat details, too!

Vacant
    vCash
    Daily Mail's Trooping the Colour article & pix!

William's grey horse is beautiful!

Catherine lovely (as usual!) and HMQ in a fabulous pale blue outfit! Hat perfect, loved the coat details, too!
    If you look at the third pic down, that's the first balcony appearance when HM was inspecting the troops at the gate to BP. ''Our Val'' was very much out on the edge come the balcony flypast appearance with HM.

vCash
    ^ It looks like she's trying to figure out how to shove those kids into the oven at her gingerbread house.

Vacant
    vCash
    ^ It looks like she's trying to figure out how to shove those kids into the oven at her gingerbread house.
    I met Prince and Princess Michael of Kent when I was a penniless drama student in London. I was head usher at the Aldwych Theatre at the time and it was my job to look after them in the interval in a private bar. He was delightful in a stuffy, patronising kind of way but she was unbearable. Nothing was right for her, the champagne, the canopes, you name it and she ended up complaining to the FOH manager about me, thinking I had actually selected the drinks and made the nibbles. He basically told her to shove it. To say she was not amused was an understatement I'm a royalist through and through but my loathing for her knows no bounds

vCash
    ^ Now THAT is some good dish!

To think, my years of penniless ushering and all I got to see was Loretta Swit in a wig-cap.

Video clips for those of us stuck in the colonies:

Prince William astride!

Balcony! (Cruddy quality, no audio)
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-11-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Vacant
    vCash
    ^ Now THAT is some good dish!

To think, my years of penniless ushering and all I got to see was Loretta Swit in a wig-cap.

Video clips for those of us stuck in the colonies:

Prince William astride!

Balcony! (Cruddy quality, no audio)
    OT but anyway; my first night as an usher I was stood at the side entrance of the stalls still trying to memorise the prices of programmes, sweets and such when a woman came up to me asking if I could solve a problem with her tickets as apparently her seats were double booked. She was tall, slender but plain with no make up and glasses. I was still in a fluster over the price of my smarties so I referred her to teh FOH manager as any newbie usher worth his salt would.

Next thing I know I glance up and she and her friend are sitting front row, centre of the dress circle and I thought; wow she did good on the upgrade, and that was about it.

Anyway my FOH manager comes up to me a few minutes later just before curtain up and makes sure I'm ok. Then he asks if I was the one who referred the woman in the centre of the dress circle to him over her tickets to which I replied yes, so he thanked me and said I did the right thing. Then he asked if I knew who it was, to which I replied no, obviously.

'That is Nicole Kidman' he says!!

Me = and in equal measure. I had quite a few memorable nights as an usher and that's not including the Princess Margaret pissed-as-a-newt-in-the-dress-circle-bar-demanding-more-gin-or-else episode!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I had quite a few memorable nights as an usher and that's not including the Princess Margaret pissed-as-a-newt-in-the-dress-circle-bar-demanding-more-gin-or-else episode!!
    OMG, Princess Meg pissed, I don't know whether it would be fun to watch or downright scary!

I'm guessing sort of fun, unless you're the bartender who's getting ripped to shreds!

I'm assuming this was during the post-Mustique years, after everything went to hell and the booze-bloat took over.......?

Vacant
    vCash
    OMG, Princess Meg pissed, I don't know whether it would be fun to watch or downright scary!

I'm guessing sort of fun, unless you're the bartender who's getting ripped to shreds!

I'm assuming this was during the post-Mustique years, after everything went to hell and the booze-bloat took over.......?
    Embarrassing really. I think it was early 1995 and she was there in a private capacity luckily and had been drinking heavily in the VIP private bar during the interval. I guess she got bored in Act II and made her way to the bar demanding more gin. Unfortunately for Margaret, the bar manager was an old battleaxe from the East End. I can still hear her voice - 'I don't care who you are, you're not having another drink....'

Anyway, her daughter Sarah was with her and managed to get her back to her box but they left before the end by a side entrance as she was in no fit state to leave through the front in general view of the public.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast