Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    a look only a cafeteria lady could love

vCash
    It's what "ladies of a certain age" wore in the 1960's'; when they wanted their heads "covered" without wearing a hat!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    a look only a cafeteria lady could love
    Yes! It's a hairnet.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It's what "ladies of a certain age" wore in the 1960's'; when they wanted their heads "covered" without wearing a hat!

My mother had similar "hats" Mostly worn to church back when woman couldn't go into a Catholic church bare headed.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Wow...After all of the great outifts HM has worn lately, that's just...Odd.

On a different note...When is the State Dinner for the Obamas? I'm expecting at the least The Princess Royal, Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex attending and wearing various pieces of bling.

JewelGods willing, for Sophie it will be her Aquamarine Tiara that appeared on the scene a couple of years ago and can also be converted into a necklace. It's far more flattering to her than her Wedding Tiara is. If she and Edward attend that is and I can't see them not.

The real question is this : Will this be the first time we see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at a big time Royal Event? Outside of their Wedding of course. I'm guessing it depends on William's schedule and as they just got back from their Honeymoon, it wouldn't surprise to not see them there, but all the same....It would be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    It is rather minimalist, but sweet in an odd kind of way. Reminds me of the bows on Audrey Hepburn's "bateau" neckline dress in "Sabrina".
    Ok, I see that.

But I'm also reminded of something like this.

But, hey, much like her feathered headgear at Edward & Sophie's wedding, the netting is rather snazzy and envelope-pushing for an 85yo Head of State.

Looking forward to seeing what Michelle wears tomorrow night at the State Dinner And I think I will *plotz* if the Cambridge's were there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Guess I haven't been paying much attention all my life. I always thanked Queen Victoria for the holiday. Never even gave a thought to Queen Elizabeth today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Guess I haven't been paying much attention all my life. I always thanked Queen Victoria for the holiday. Never even gave a thought to Queen Elizabeth today.
    My sister is in Toronto this week on business, I told her to grab anything she finds with HMQ, the Cambridges, etc. and bring it on home!
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-24-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Picture Galleries of today's Royal visitors to the Royal Chelsea Flower Show..

Getty Images Gallery

Daylife.com Images Gallery

Among the various Royal Family members who came along w/HM was Princess Beatrice and just as she's done the last two and a half weeks...It's hard to believe that well put together young lady was the same one who showed up at William and Catherine's Wedding looking as she did. First I've ever seen her wearing her hair that way and it really suits her.

vCash
    WOW the queen looks fabulous and Camilla that is the best photo I have ever seen of her. She usually is not very photogenic at all but
    she looks quite spiffy in this photo. Flowers tend to bring out the best in folks.

Thanks for sharing.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Yes, great photos from the Flower show. Everyone looks good, esp. Beatrice. I especially liked the pictures of Bea and her dad walking around.

vCash
    Wow, Kate looks so thin.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 05-24-2011 at 03:36 PM.

vCash
    Speaking of who's looking thin, Princess Beatrice looks like she's lost a ton of weight over the past few years. But her current weight suits her quite well, and I really like how she looked at the flower show. She can be really pretty when she dresses more conservatively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Everyone looks good, esp. Beatrice.
    Too bad she sold that hat- it would have matched her shoes...

(She does look really nice though. I love the Maroon dress, and the black jacket looks nice. Is blazer with dress a very British thing? Kate does it a lot too- but I've never seen anyone around here dress like that.)

I also think Beatrice looks like she is at a great weight. She is very pretty.

Kate looks thin, but not unhealthy I don't think. I love that tan dress.

The fullness of Michelle's skirt is from the wind, right? Because if that is shaping- yuck. http://www.daylife.com/photo/0alwdU8...+palace+may+24 (Also -LOL at the windy picture of her hair!)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

The fullness of Michelle's skirt is from the wind, right? Because if that is shaping- yuck. http://www.daylife.com/photo/0alwdU8...+palace+may+24 (Also -LOL at the windy picture of her hair!)
    It's probably the remnants of her tribute to Jedward when she was here in Ireland yesterday.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    The Queen's hairnet isn't even new. She wore it to Chelsea in 1996

http://yfrog.com/mb1996chelseaflowershowj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    WOW the queen looks fabulous and Camilla that is the best photo I have ever seen of her. She usually is not very photogenic at all but
    she looks quite spiffy in this photo. Flowers tend to bring out the best in folks.

Thanks for sharing.
    I agree, on all counts.

vCash
    RE: Windy day wardrobe advice: Better to wear a straight or slightly flared skirt than a full and/or fluffy one. Lucky the First Lady had quick reflexes or there might have been a rather embarrassing "wardrobe malfunction." Good looking legs, though.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast