Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP20.../3/cpdp11N8hYg

Risa Shoji's new FS, I absolutely love it! Perfect style for her, and I personally think she was robbed of gold at this JGP, Courtney fell twice in her FS did not present that program nearly as well as Risa did, IMO. Still, nice season debut for Risa, her 3s-2t-2t and 2a-3t combos are huge and made me think of Shizuka. Hope she keeps up the good work!
    I thought she skated much better than Courtney, too. I just hope she uses her arms better...she tends to hang her arms down. Her arm positions look especially lazy while her spins.

BTW I thought it was 3s-3t-2t, and that was very nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    I thought she skated much better than Courtney, too. I just hope she uses her arms better...she tends to hang her arms down. Her arm positions look especially lazy while her spins.

I don't understand the results very well either. I think Risa's 3loop maybe was underrotated, but that's the only flaw of that program. the flow and the basic technique are much better than Courtney's.
    Courtney reminds me in her stroking a lot to Sarah Hughes. And that's not a compliment at all. There's sth very gangly about her positions that make her look awkward and not very smooth. Anyway, she has lots of personality and it's good she's being rewarded for that
    About Shoji, I loove her kneebents in all the landings of her jumps, very Shizuka-esque yes! she has kind of the same technique in some jumps like the salchow and a very deep outside edge in the lutz too. she needs to project way more, but I like the way she's developing very much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post

Yes it was 3s-3t-2t, i made a typo before, but very impressive combination, and her 2a-3t has great flowout as well. She needs to project to the audience more but I still find her skating just . I'm rooting for her to win the JGPF this season, if she can get all her jumps rotated, I think she has a good shot!

vCash
    I just found this exhibition by Mao, skated to one of my favorite pieces of music- Chopin's ballad that was used in the movie The Pianist. It's absolutely beautiful, although the jumps are not perfect. Chopin really suits Mao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMzd-...eature=related

vCash
    soooo beautiful I simply loove this new exhibition, chopin really fits mao really well.. her timing is unbelievable...the music really does move her...

here i found mao's new exhibition to chopin

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl0...zyyyyy_animals

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP20.../3/cpdp11N8hYg

Risa Shoji's new FS, I absolutely love it! Perfect style for her, and I personally think she was robbed of gold at this JGP, Courtney fell twice in her FS did not present that program nearly as well as Risa did, IMO. Still, nice season debut for Risa, her 3s-2t-2t and 2a-3t combos are huge and made me think of Shizuka. Hope she keeps up the good work!
    Beautifully skated program. This is the first time I have seen Risa skate and I am impressed.

Thanks for the link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    soooo beautiful I simply loove this new exhibition, chopin really fits mao really well.. her timing is unbelievable...the music really does move her...

here i found mao's new exhibition to chopin

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl0...zyyyyy_animals
    I saw your post just below mine and I thought- did we post simultaneously? However, upon opening the link it turned out to be a different event. I don't like that white full sleeve costume on Mao. It hides her beautiful lines. I love the one she has on, in the link I have posted. It showcases her ethereal skating. I hope she will make the Chopin ballad her LP some day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Beautifully skated program. This is the first time I have seen Risa skate and I am impressed.

Thanks for the link.
    Me too. She seems like someone to watch for 2014. She has soft knees on the landings of her jumps. At times she seemed slightly tilted in the air, but was still able to land the jumps. Looks like a diamond in the rough.

I have not yet watched Courtney's skate, so I can't comment on who should have won.

vCash
    Yuzuru doing 4T-3A

I can't wait to see him at Nebelhorn. I hope we'll get videos.

vCash
    I just watched a couple of YTs of Yuzuru Hanyu. He is awesome. I hope he can develop his presentation/artistry and becomes an OGM contender in 2014.

How old is Hanyu? He looks like around 16-17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    Oh my God.

vCash
    Here is Yuzuru's LP with a 3A-step-3A sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvf0KIEvryo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I just watched a couple of YTs of Yuzuru Hanyu. He is awesome. I hope he can develop his presentation/artistry and becomes an OGM contender in 2014.

How old is Hanyu? He looks like around 16-17.
    He's 16.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    OK, I'll say it. Hanyu's one of the most talented sixteen-year-old's the sport has ever known. There is still much work to do, but comparing his abilities to other great skaters at that age in their lives he ranks very, very high. I also prefer his style to the current world champ (please don't hurt me for saying that), but he's obviously not at that level yet in all areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Here is Yuzuru's LP with a 3A-step-3A sequence:
    Hanyu's exhibition performance from The Ice is 3:30 in length -- does anyone know if this is part of his FS music or just an exhibition piece? (Music cuts are "Kissing You" from the Romeo + Juliet 1996 film soundtrack and "Escape" by Craig Armstrong from the Plunkett & Macleane film soundtrack. He has 5 jump passes: 3F, 3A+3A, 3Lz+2T, 3Lo, 3S.)

ETA: Found my answer (bolded by me below) in this post in the Programs thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by nana7045 View Post
    There is an report about the Japanese National Camp on Japanese Figure Skating Magazine "World Figure Skating No.49".
    I got some information for new programs.

<Senior>

Yuzuru Hanyu
    SP: Etude, Op. 8 No12 in D Sharp minor by Scriabin
    FS: "Kissing You" from "Romeo + Juliet" (Leonardo DiCaprio's) and "Escape" from "Plunkett&Macleane" by Craig Armstrong

Both are choreographed by his coach Nanami Abe.
    I have not seen the full version of his FS, only Ex version.
    There is another music before the "Kissing You".

He plans to try 4T-3T in SP, and 4T or 4S in FS.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-11-2011 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    OK, I'll say it. Hanyu's one of the most talented sixteen-year-old's the sport has ever known. There is still much work to do, but comparing his abilities to other great skaters at that age in their lives he ranks very, very high. I also prefer his style to the current world champ (please don't hurt me for saying that), but he's obviously not at that level yet in all areas.
    ITA. His technical abilities are rather mind-boggling. I just wonder if this side of his skating will suffer when/if he fills out and grows taller, as he is quite the beanpole right now.

vCash
    ITA. His technical abilities are rather mind-boggling. I just wonder if this side of his skating will suffer when/if he fills out and grows taller, as he is quite the beanpole right now.
    In addition to the growth/body change, young skaters often lose their athletic ability when they start working on finer points of skating- artistry/presentation/expressing the music. I hope it does not happen to him but the sport is unpredictable when it comes to young skaters.

vCash
    How could Courtney have scored higher than Risa? There is no comparison in quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by used2skate View Post
    How could Courtney have scored higher than Risa? There is no comparison in quality.
    A lot of posters, including myself, share this sentiment. However, perhaps it was because Risa had quite a bit of trouble in her SP (which also wasn't as well-suited to her/didn't show off her strengths as well), so that when it came time for the FS, the judges had decided in their minds that she was not of the same calliber as Courtney and therefore kept her PCS below that of Courtney. Just a thought. But she still had the 2nd highest PCS of the field in the FS so that's promising at least. I thought her score should have been closer to 110 (I thought the 3s < call was bogus, though the 3lo she did get full credit for looked questionable), but it's still early in the season. Hopefully we will see her at the JGPF, I would love to see her win.

Vacant
    vCash
    Hanyu's 4t-3x is amazing but I was almost more amazed by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4nM...tailpage#t=30s

Lutz entry, counter turn into triple axel and it looks soooo easy. Gaspworthy!!

ETA: Has anyone ever attempted this before?

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast