Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This is an article in Yomiuri Shinbun in Japan.
    Translated from Japanese
    Ayana Yasuhara challenges the Asian figure skating Trophy for the first time.
    August 21st, 2011 JST

The photo:
    Photography: By Yomiuri
    Ayana Yasuhara who aims at the upper place in the event. (at the prefectural ice arena in Otsu City in Shiga Prefecture)
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/zoom/20110821-OYT9I00047.htm

By Chihiro Ikuta
    In the Junior Ladies of “Asia Figure Skating Trophy 2011” which is opened in Dongguan City, China in August 23, Ayana Yasuhara (14, Kosen Junior High School 3rd grader) participates for the first time.
    The growing fresh girl who is being specified only alone in the Siga Prefecture to "the Kyouka Senshu" or "the Training Player" of Japan Skating Federation, is in high spirits, saying, "Showing the result of the practice sufficiently, I intend to aim at the place within 5th".

She won the championship for the first time with the performance without mistake in 2009 Novis Japan Nationals (11-13 years old) and was selected to the Kyouka Senshu.
    She also won the second place in the Novis Girl of "Skate Copenhagen 2010" last year.

At the time of the kindergarten, she began the skating in an infant classroom in the prefectural ice arena (at Otsu City).
    Because she was fascinated to the splendid costume of the figure skating and the feeling of speed which skates on the ice, she got to go to a personal classroom at the arena from the first grade of an elementary school.

At present she trains the jump and the choreography for 3hours after school in weekdays and for 5hours in holiday, while going to the said arena and the rink of Kansai University (in Takatsuki City in Osaka Prefecture).
    Adopting the training of ballet and new gymnastics she is polishing the expression ability.

She says, "I dislike being defeated to somebody, but am apt to tense in the competition".
    In 2009 Novis Japan Nationals, being stimulated by the cheer of her friend who hastened to the venue, she nailed the triple Loop jump which she is good at and then she gained self-confidence.
    She has already mastered 4 kinds among 6 kinds of triple jump and says, "It is pleasant to master new skill" with smiling.

Her mother Yuki who gives her daughter a ride to and from the training place by car says, "She had merely enjoyed in her childhood, but at present I feel her resolution that she is aiming at the skating only".

Skating to Brahms's "Hungarian Dance", in the free skating of this event, she shows the program which the triple Lutz jump etc, which she is challenging, were weaved in。
    She said, "Because my goal is to participate to an Olympics, I must enrich the expression ability and must build my physical strength" with bright eyes.
    Aiming at coming true her dream, this event seems to become her first step.

The article:
    Ayana Yasuhara challenges the Asian figure skating Trophy for the first time.
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/shi...OYT8T00048.htm
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-22-2011 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Anybody know to what exactly he's skating to?
    I really do hope he does really well this season. I hope he's able to pace himself and peak at the right time. He seems like such a sweetheart and down to earth; I want to see him do well.
    And please, please let him prepare so he doesnt repeat the same mistakes!!! I'm so keeping my fingers crossed.
    Agreed 100%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Agreed 100%!

And I was talking about Nobu Oda. In case it wasn't obvious.

vCash
    Mao def need a break. She should have taken last year off work on her jumps. Mmm Kanako skating to Miki's LP from 2007....should be interesting...

vCash
    Blog post about Mao's awesome exhibitions!

http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2011...hibitions.html

vCash
    Mao's new exhibition was very very very emotional and expressive! She just broke the barrier of presentation I believe. Her jumps look solid and powerful too. If she skates like that in competitions, nobody can beat her. She's matured so much that she's a now the best package I've ever seen, excellent in every aspect! I'm rooting for Mao now for the coming season and seasons to come.

vCash
    Oh, I sincerely hope that Mao can bring her new-found maturity and heart in her exhibition skate into her competitive programs. She would be absolutely amazing!

vCash
    Wonderful skate by Asada.

I would love to see a refreshed, inspired Asada finally skate a great Liebestraum at Worlds this season. She and that music just go together.

vCash
    Oh that was just sublime. Perfect.

Her jumps look better too - she's rotating faster and she has more attack!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Mao def need a break. She should have taken last year off work on her jumps. Mmm Kanako skating to Miki's LP from 2007....should be interesting...
    Polina Shelepen is skating to the same music too! No more Mendelsson Violion Concerto programs please!

vCash
    Hanyu aims Grand Prix Final
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/11...1211000-n1.htm

Well, I suspect his "real" aims are the national title and a world medal. He's usually not a man of big talks, but he looks very confident.

vCash
    Ando may turn pro after this season?
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00285.htm

This is an article about Friends On Ice. It says, "I want to decide what to do in future within 12 months. I will consider (options of) amature or a different way."

It also says that Takahashi appeared at a show first after the surgery. He fell on a 3A and admitted the lack of training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Ando may turn pro after this season?
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00285.htm

This is an article about Friends On Ice. It says, "I want to decide what to do in future within 12 months. I will consider (options of) amature or a different way."
    Perhaps she will take the Kwan route and only do Nationals / Worlds from now on until Sochi?

vCash
    Too bad . I wouldn't have doubted if she were hoping to finish her career with Worlds when it was supposed to be in Japan, but I was holding out hopes she would continue for at least another season or so. She seemed in such awesome shape during the last half of the season but with the delay of Worlds seemed to have lost some of her form. Here's hoping she has the best.

vCash
    Anyone know what Akiko Suzuki is planning for this season? Does she have any GP assignments? I really enjoy her programs and how her love of skating shines through!

I got to see her live at the Detroit Skating Club show in June and I was just thrilled! Also enjoyed T. Kozuka too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Anyone know what Akiko Suzuki is planning for this season? Does she have any GP assignments? I really enjoy her programs and how her love of skating shines through!

I got to see her live at the Detroit Skating Club show in June and I was just thrilled! Also enjoyed T. Kozuka too
    She's assigned to Skate Canada and NHK Trophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post

As for the short program, she skates to the music, “Hungarian Rhapsody” by Flanz Liszt. It was choreographed by Anjelika Krylova.
    As for the free skating, she skates to the music, “Die Fledermaus Overture” by Johann Strauss. It was choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo.
    Of course, her coach is Hiroshi Nagakubo.
    Pasquale Camerlengo and Anjelica Krylova are a married couple.

She participates to the open international competition, "Japan Open 2011" in Saitama Super Alena at Saitama in Japan in October 1st together with Miki Ando, Daisuke Takahashi and Takahiko Kozuka.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-28-2011 at 06:01 AM.

vCash
    Thanks so much for the news on Akiko!! Japan has many fine ladies skaters but Akiko is my favorite. She may not have the hardest jumps, but I simply love to watch her because of the way she presents her programs and the joy she shows. So very glad she is skating this season. I think when I saw her in Detroit in June she was working with her choreographers.

vCash
    I totally dig Akiko's music choices, they might not be original, but it sure sounds like it's going to be loads of fun.

vCash
    Program list of Japanese skaters for the coming season in the program thread, posted by Nana7045:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=623

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast