Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    does anyone know when there will be an official news to Mao's condition or a more detailed report about Mao's health? hope it's not anything serious

vCash
    This is an article in “Mainichi Shimbun” in Japan.
    Translated form Japanese.
    The training camp was opened to public and Murakami etc showed the new program.
    August 4th, 2011 JST

The photo:
    Photography: by Toru Kuro-o
    Kanako Murakami who is practicing in the training camp. (at the ice arena of Chukyo University in Toyota city in Aichi prefecture in August 3rd)
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/gener...000p_size5.jpg

By Toru Kuro-o
    In august 3rd, the training camp for the players who participate to Grand Prix series was opened to public and Knako Murakami etc showed the new program for this season.

Murakami who attained to her second year in senior choreographed in abroad. As for the short program (SP), she requested to an able coach, Tatiana Tarasova and, as for the free skating, she requested Marina Zueva. However, as for SP, she suggested also the possibility to set aside while being in this season, saying, "I can not digest it well yet because it is difficult"
    As for the Men, each player adopts the quadruple jump.
    Nobunari Oda did the practice of the spin mainly, because he has the left knee ache, but he is going to adopt the quad jump, with once in SP and with twice in FS.

The article:
    The training camp was opened to public and Murakami etc showed the new program.
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/gener...50087000c.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    does anyone know when there will be an official news to Mao's condition or a more detailed report about Mao's health? hope it's not anything serious
    As for the poor health of Mao Asada, Japan Skating Federation explained that the overcrowded schedule, such as new program making and the ice show of the end of July, told on her health, because the starting period of off season was delayed about one month from usual season under the influence of the East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster.

This is an article in “Osaka Hochi Shimbun” in Japan
    Translated from Japanese.
    Mao was down with overwork. The introduction of her new program was postponed.
    August 4th, 2011 JST

In August 3rd, it was found that Mao Asada had been down with overwork.
    In the ice arena of Chukyo University in Aichi prefecture, the training camp for the players who participate to GP series of next season was opened to public and Mao planed to show the new program but postponed the participation by reason of poor health.
    As for the poor health of Mao Asada, Japan Skating Federation explained that the overcrowded schedule, such as new program making and the ice show of the end of July, told on her health, because the starting period of off season was delayed about one month from usual season under the influence of the East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster.

At the rink which becomes the place of showing the new program, we could not watch Mao's appearance. In the morning of August 1st which is the first day of the training camp, Mao appealed the poor health and made contact with JSF, saying that she does not participate to the training camp and would like to take rest in her home.
    In front of the press corps of about 40 persons who participated, Nobuhiko Yoshioka the Chief Director of Training of JSF spoke inarticulately, saying "How should I explain it. I am sorry because it is this situation although you have come. I don't know what situation she is in, except that she is in poor health".

Under the influence of East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster, the holding term of the Worlds was changed from the end of March to the end of April and the holding place was changed from Tokyo to Moscow.
    After spending the off season shorter than usual year, she made the programs for SP and for FS of this season complete at a high pace within June and participated to the tour of ice show, such as in Aichi (July 23rd-24th), in Hachinohe city, Aomori (July 27th) and in Osaka (July 30th-31st).

Yoshioka Chief Director of Training explained that she seems to have injured her health condition a little, because there was a movement etc of long distance while participating to the three consecutive public performances of the ice show in the end of July.
    Moreover he said, "The training camp is also the place for checking the program component scores etc of the new program of next season of the players who participate to GP series, but we could not watch her program". As for Mao who aims at the recovering from the 6th place in the Worlds of April, NHK Trophy (in Sapporo, in November 11th-13th) which is her first event of next season seems to become the place where she show the new program for the first time.

Daisuke Takahashi (25, Kansai Graduate School) expressed the nonparticipation to the training camp beforehand. Takahashi who is in a training camp in Hokkaido is going to tune himself up in US from August 7th, because the tuning after the surgical operation of left knee in May is delaying. Takahiko Kozuka (22, Toyota Motor) went to US in August 2nd, after participating to the training camp in the first day, because the choreography of SP and FS does not complete yet.
    Yoshioka Chief Director of training said, "If being in usual year, it is the time that the program has completed...,but"
    The influence of the earthquake disaster seems to have reached slowly to the figure skating world, too.

The article:
    Mao was down with overwork. The introduction of her new program was postponed.
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/osaka/spo...OHO1T00077.htm
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-04-2011 at 02:47 PM.

The "NICE" Admin
    vCash
    Adding to the above news links:
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000295-sph-spo

On Asada:
    JSF explained that Asada is exhausted because of the stress caused by the earthquake (training was delayed plus doing lots of charity ice shows).
    Nobuhiko Yoshioka of JSF could only apologize to the press "I don't know what to say. We are very sorry to the media that Asada couldn't show up. All we know that she isn't feeling very well"

Takahashi is training in the US.

Kozuka attended the camp and then headed to the US on the 2nd. Both of his programs are yet to be finished.

Oda who underwent knee surgery in May and is attending the camp. He told the press that he is "training carefully to avoid further injuries and will gradually gearing up" His programs were already completed by early June. Both (SP and FS) are "swinging, jazzy tunes" He wrapped up the press conference "I'm aiming for a medal and a win"

vCash
    well,now I hope Mao can have a rest like Miki....the earthquake affect her so badly...

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MINAM View Post
    Oda who underwent knee surgery in May and is attending the camp. He told the press that he is "training carefully to avoid further injuries and will gradually gearing up" His programs were already completed by early June. Both (SP and FS) are "swinging, jazzy tunes" He wrapped up the press conference "I'm aiming for a medal and a win"
    Anybody know to what exactly he's skating to?
    I really do hope he does really well this season. I hope he's able to pace himself and peak at the right time. He seems like such a sweetheart and down to earth; I want to see him do well.
    And please, please let him prepare so he doesnt repeat the same mistakes!!! I'm so keeping my fingers crossed.

The "NICE" Admin
    vCash
    I may need to clarify, just in case, that the earthquake messed up the skater's schedules. Hence, the programs not ready, etc.

vCash
    I hope Mao gets some rest. she looked so exhausted and thin at Worlds and was cited saying that she hadnt been able to eat properly after the eartquake.
    All the best to her.

vCash
    Tarasova and Zueva for Murakami, great. What a killer combo...

vCash
    This is an article in “Nikkan Sports” in Japan.
    Kanako declared “the adult woman”.
    August 4th, 2011 JST

The photo:
    Photography: by Masaaki Maeoka
    Kanako Murakami who is showing the refreshing smiling face after the practice.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...04-815264.html

In Toyota city in Aichi prefecture in August 3rd, Japan Skating Federation released the training camp of the players who participate to Grand Prix series which is opened in October.

16 years old Kanako is an adult woman!
    Kanako Murakami (Chukyo University Chukyo High School) selected Mendelssohn’s “Violin Concerto” as the music of the free skating of this season.
    With the music which Ando used for the free skating in 2007, she was intent on it with the refreshing smiling face, saying, “I performed the adult role in last year, but I would like to perform the real adult in this year. I would like to express the adult-like”.

For mastering the choreography, she had been to US twice from May and seems to have felt the effect, saying "I was confused for foreign lesson of the first time, but I learned how to use the body, expression of the face, etc".

The article:
    Kanako declared “the adult woman”.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...04-815264.html
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-04-2011 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    ((((Mao)))).
    Hope she gets her health completely back to normal soon.
    A close friend of mine lived through the Istanbul earthquake some years ago and she said that for at least a year she was afraid to fall asleep, and developed constant insomnia and horrible migraines. The effects of emotional stress can be very long- lasting, hope Mao takes it easy and does not put pressure on herself.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    ((((Mao)))).
    Hope she gets her health completely back to normal soon.
    A close friend of mine lived through the Istanbul earthquake some years ago and she said that for at least a year she was afraid to fall asleep, and developed constant insomnia and horrible migraines. The effects of emotional stress can be very long- lasting, hope Mao takes it easy and does not put pressure on herself.
    Don't worry.
    Surely, she recovers soon.
    I think that the cause of her poor health is not in mental aspect but merely fatigue by the tour etc.

I think that Mao Asada did not feel directly the uneasiness or the fear from the East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster itself because her city was about 850km away from the earthquake center in March 11th.
    In March 11th, I experienced the said disaster in my city which was about 500km away from the earthquake center.
    In that time, I felt that the earthquake was most big one which I had experienced so far, but I did never feel directly the uneasiness or the fear from that earthquake. Her city is about 350km away from my city moreover.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-05-2011 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    Akira Andrea,
    Thanks, and I hope you are right!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    This is an article in “Mainichi Shinbun” in Japan.
    Miki Ando showed the splendid performance in an ice show in her hometown, Aichi prefecture.

The photo:
    Photography: By Tadakazu Nakamura
    Miki Ando who is showing the soft and gentle performance. (In Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture in August 13th)
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/...000p_size5.jpg

By Tadakazu Nakamura
    In August 13th, Miki Ando who won the championship in the Worlds of April participated to the ice show "Prince Ice Worlds 2011" which was held in Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture. It was her first ice show in her hometown Aichi prefecture after winning the championship in the Worlds. As for two stages in the ice show in this day, the audience of 4,800 in total visited.

Miki Ando who wore the costume in snow white showed the splendid jump and the soft and gentle performance, while skating to the music “A Thousand Winds” which is the English version of “Sen no Kaze ni Natte”.
    Her pose which joins her hands in prayer after opening her arms widely attracted the audience.

In the ending of the ice show, there was a performance which she with smiling face knock the Worlds silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka out with hitting with a boxing glove, too. The audience, too, had been knocked out by Miki's smiling face which looks attractive on the ice.

The article
    Miki Ando showed the splendid performance in an ice show in her hometown, Aichi prefecture.
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/...40083000c.html

vCash
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Bryna Oi has teamed up with Taiyo Mizutani and they are planning to compete as seniors in Japan this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    Bryna Oi has teamed up with Taiyo Mizutani and they are planning to compete as seniors in Japan this season.
    Thanks -- here's the relevant excerpt:
    Bryna Oi and Mark Jahnke, who finished in fifth place in the novice division at the 2011 U.S. championships, have each found a new partner for the coming season. Oi, who is Curran Oi's sister, has teamed up with Taiyo Mizutani. The team is training in Ann Arbor with Yasa Nechaeva and Yuri Chesnichenko and planning to compete as seniors in Japan this season.

"We're both really excited to start training!" Oi told us. "We found each other through icepartnersearch.com. Taiyo is learning English, and I'm planning to take a Japanese class this year. My dad is Japanese by descent, but he was born in the U.S."
    Taiyo Mizutani finished 2nd in Senior Dance to the Reeds with his former partner, Emi Hirai, at 2010 and 2011 Japan Nationals.

vCash
    Popular Athletes in Japan
    An opinion research by Chuo Chosasha, published on August 16th

1 Ichiro Suzuki (MLB, Seattle Mariners)
    2 Ryo Ishikawa (golfer)
    3 Yuto Nagatomo (footballer, Inter Milan)
    4 Hakuho (Sumo wrestler)
    5 Shigeo Nagashima (legendary pro baseball player/manager)
    6 Mao Asada (figure skater)
    7 Sadaharu Oh (legendary pro baseball player/manager)
    8 Kaio (Sumo wrestler)
    9 Hideki Matsui (MLB, Oakland Athletics)
    10 Homare Sawa (woman footballer)
    11 Masahiro Tanaka (professional baseball player)
    12 Ai Miyazato (golfer)
    12 Kimiko Date (tennis player)
    14 Yu Darvish (professional baseball player)
    14 Makoto Hasebe (footballer)
    14 Keisuke Honda (footballer)

One year ago, Asada was the 2nd and Takahashi was the 7th. Ando is nowhere near the top 15. Sawa made a big breakthrough obviously.

vCash
    well it's not surprising that Mao has dropped down a bit compared to last season, seeing the hard and disappointing season she is coming from, since usually those list reflect on the success of the athletes... but Mao having such a high placement considering the hardships she has been through and having her worst season to date shows how popular she is and remains even after having had a terrible season (compared to her usual standards...)

vCash
    I just found this performance by Yuki Nishino, and really liked her flow, extensions. How old is she? Is she eligible to compete at worlds in 2012? She could have a bright future if she is able to do the difficult jumps. This one was an exhibition, so it's hard to tell, but her jumps seemed smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerSr...eature=related

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I just found this performance by Yuki Nishino, and really liked her flow, extensions. How old is she? Is she eligible to compete at worlds in 2012?
    Here is Yuki Nishino's ISU bio (she will turn 18 in September): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010547.htm
    I believe she may be back on the JGP this fall (she's currently listed among the alternates) and has competed previously in a Senior B (4th at 2009 Ondrej Nepela Memorial).

ETA: Nishino's ISU bio doesn't include her 2011 Senior Nationals placement -- 6th -- behind Ando, Asada, Murakami, Suzuki, and Risa Shoji.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast