Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,013 of 1013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Why were Ando and Oda in Sochi?
    Oda was commentating, I assume Ando was as well.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Why were Ando and Oda in Sochi?
    Because they are fans of figure skating and it's the Olympic Games? Maybe they were hoping to build a snow man and pass out cookies to homeless people while they study for a Russian law degree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Oda was commentating, I assume Ando was as well.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Reposting my post from another thread because it's much more fitting here.

Takahashi/Tran have presented what looks like their new SP at the Dreams on Ice exhibition. You can watch it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBka3JurQm0

It's simply amazing.

Once again, fantastic work by Julie Marcotte (I don't understand why she isn't used more by other Pairs).

All elements are connected very well, the program flows beautifully, there is a lot of creative and original movements and strong transitions.

The dance lift into a low shoot-the-duck into death spiral at the end really floored me. Ina bauer dance lift into the pair lift was great too.

If PCS were judged according to the criteria, with no bias, they should be second only to S/S on some of the marks.

It looks like they are upping up the ante on the jumps too.

Last season they did 2axels and 3salchows as their side-by-side jumps. But in this performance, they went for sbs 3toes.

Also, they did a throw 2lutz, which I imagine is going to be a triple in competition.

In the past, they used to do throw 3toe and throw 3salchow so a throw 3lutz would be a big step up.

Shame that they aren't able to go to Olympics but I hope they have a long and successful career in front of them.

The progress they have made, from being bottom of the pile to Junior World medallists and top 10 at Worlds, is just incredible.
    Thanks for this! They are truly wonderful to watch!

vCash
    Were.

vCash

vCash
    Yes. The end of an unbelievable pair and for what??

vCash
    What happened to the Japanese team? I watched Japanese Nationals and they looked great. Especially Akiko and Kanako. Did they just peak too early? I really loved Akiko's National performances. And Mao..what a nightmare for her short, but sweet redemption in the free skate. I was hoping so much for her that she would win the OGM. I hope she doesn't retire..it seems like she's just finding hitting her artistic stride and if she can stay trim and healthy, she could manage the triples (maybe not the triple axel) for the next olys. I've enjoyed watching the team on tv interviews and such. Do you think all the media coverage took too much time away from their training? Was it just a matter of nerves?

vCash
    The scrutiny and pressure they were all under from the federation the entire season just to make the team backfired on all of them, and they were emotionally drained by the time the Olympics got here.

vCash
    Based on this article it seems Mao is going to worlds and is 50/50 on whether she'll continue after that: http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...medium=twitter

vCash
    Akiko Suzuki was injured at Japanese Nationals and the injury has just gotten worse - a shame she wasn't at her best at the Olympics. Murakami may have peaked too early - she had a great 4CC and wasn't able to replicate that result. I think the Japanese skaters will rebound at worlds with it being in Japan and all.
    When watching live I like everyone to skate clean - but on television the occasional trainwreck can be fun.

vCash
    Akiko's injury got worse before/during Olympics so I'm doubtful about her redemption. Kanako is still annoyed with boots issues so I'm a bit doubtful about her redemption as well. But she emphasized the main reason why she failed in delivering her best programs in Olympics was nerves. So she has possibilities she'll skate much better in Worlds in that sense. As for Mao, I assume she peaked in Sochi so I'm not too much expecting her better performance in Worlds. Anyway I wish they enjoy their skate in Worlds, especially because it might be their last competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    Akiko Suzuki was injured at Japanese Nationals and the injury has just gotten worse - a shame she wasn't at her best at the Olympics.
    She performed so well at Japan Nats...what was her injury?

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051