Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nothing against Oda but he really is a headcase. On numerous occasions I saw him hit perfect 4-3-3 jumps in warm-up or practice sessions, only to screw it up in competition. He could do beautifully secure 3A-3t-3t since I first saw him live at 2005 Skate Canada, when he was 18. I love his knees. If only someone can fix his brain ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Lynn Rutherford just tweeted:
    Impressive FS by Nobunari Oda at Bavarian Open 178.06 pts w/2 4Toes, 3Axel, 3Lutz/3Toe, but 4th at Japanese nationals so no worlds

Great for him but that he didn't do this in December!!! Still, it's got to give him more confidence that he has a shot for Sochi next season. Fingers crossed someone was filming so it can show up on YouTube.
    Yes, please someone post on YouTube. Would love to see the program. He is amazing and I hope he pulls it off next year and is on the japanese olympic team.

vCash
    2014 World Championships in Saitama City
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/figures...reskating.html

It's the same venue with Japan Open (about 15000 capacity). This year's Japanese Nationals will be held there too. Obviously they want to raise revenue as much as possible.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I saw mentions on Twitter today about Shoma Uno going to Junior Worlds - is there confirmation that it's true and, if yes, is he replacing Keiji Tanaka or Ryuju Hino?

Takahiko Kozuka is no longer listed in next week's Challenge Cup entries (not yet ready to compete?) -- he still has an assignment to Gardena Spring Trophy in early April.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post
    Excited for Uno! Is Tanaka injured? He was so good at Nationals!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepypanda View Post
    Thanks for the link. An online translation refers to "left thigh pain" for Tanaka and that the injury occurred in December which forced him to miss the national high school championships in January.
    ETA that I think this the competition Tanaka missed (post #647 in this thread):
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    The Junior High School All-Japan Championsips of Skating have been taking place in Nagano. Shoma Uno won both the short and the free for for a third victory in a row with a total points of 202.01, while Riona Kato won in the Ladies with 167.09, ahead of Satoko Miyahara (160.20), who won the bronze medal at the Senior All-Japan Championships in December

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/chuspo/a...501002007.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-17-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Takahiko Kozuka is no longer listed in next week's Challenge Cup entries (not yet ready to compete?) -- he still has an assignment to Gardena Spring Trophy in early April.
    On Facebook Challenge Cup mentioned he is injured and therefore retired

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    On Facebook Challenge Cup mentioned he is injured and therefore retired
    You mean "retired from the competition in The Hague" - the Facebook post reads:
    Takahiko Kozuka (JPN) withdrew himself from the Challenge Cup 2013 due to injury. We wish him all the best and hope he will soon be on the ice again!!
    I hope Kozuka is still recovering from the same foot injury mentioned earlier in this thread and that it's not a new injury.

vCash
    You mean "retired from the competition in The Hague" -
    yes, of course. Still hope he will be at Gardena Spring Trophy
    I hope Kozuka is still recovering from the same foot injury mentioned earlier in this thread and that it's not a new injury.
    I hope that too

vCash
    Oh jeez, my heart skipped a beat there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Lynn Rutherford just tweeted:
    Impressive FS by Nobunari Oda at Bavarian Open 178.06 pts w/2 4Toes, 3Axel, 3Lutz/3Toe, but 4th at Japanese nationals so no worlds

Great for him but that he didn't do this in December!!! Still, it's got to give him more confidence that he has a shot for Sochi next season. Fingers crossed someone was filming so it can show up on YouTube.
    I hold out hope that he will get his head together for Olympic season! We know he still has the goods.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Actually, sometimes I felt it was the judges holding him down, especially during this season's GP events. Low second mark etc. Because he had not been very consistent in the past, they were not giving him any favours which they would do for example Takahashi.
    This. He should have won silver at Skate Canada over Chan.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    2014 World Championships in Saitama City
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/figures...reskating.html

It's the same venue with Japan Open (about 15000 capacity). This year's Japanese Nationals will be held there too. Obviously they want to raise revenue as much as possible.
    Does anyone know how hard it will be to get tickets for foreigners? We have friends in Tokyo and it would be great to combine a trip with Worlds, even just one session!
    (I would rather not burden my friends with obtaining tickets, of course)

vCash

Kozuka missed the Challenge Cup

This is an article in 'Jiji Com' in Japan.

Kozuka missed the Challenge Cup
    February 20th, 2013 JST

It found that Takahiko Kozuka (Toyota Motor) had declined the Challenge Cup (February 21st-24th, Hague, Dutch) which he had scheduled to participate in, on February 20th.
    Injuring the right leg before the Japan Nationals in the late last year, Kozuka was during the tuning aiming at returning to the competition. He had come off the Japan representative for the Worlds in March and is in the entries of an international event in Italy in April.

Kozuka missed from the Challenge Cup
    http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2013022000936

Reference:
    23th Gardina Spring Trophy (April 1st- 4th, Selva Val Gardena, Italy)
    http://deep-edge.net/list.php?s=2012&no=221

vCash
    I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him and his great edges live at Gardena Spring Trophy

vCash
    I hope Kozuka recovers soon. I love his skating

vCash

The message of Takahiko Kozuka from his official web site

The message of Takahiko Kozuka from his official web site
    http://www.t-kozuka.com/

Translating to English from Japanese.

The report.
    February 15th, 2013

Everybody! Thank you (for the chocolates) on Valentine’s Day.
    I ate it and it was delicious.

Thank you for anybody, too, whom I couldn’t find your name, because you didn’t write your name into the present of chocolate.

The following is the report.
    Consulting with my coach, I decided not to participate to the Challenge Cup which is held in Dutch.
    Speaking truly, it was the situation yesterday (at February 16th) that it had become somehow slowly till 3A at least but I could not help stopping attempting while disappointing as for 4T because it has burst 4 times continuously while I attempted it.

I became good gradually, but because I wasn't perfect yet, I decided not to participate to the Challenge Cup.
    However, I feel that the upper part, the body and the lower part were reinforced, because I was trained well from January.
    Therefore, I feel that it became better than before as for the skating, the balance, the ‘rotation speed of the spin' and so on.

The explanation of the photo.
    It's like a "Mission: Impossible", isn't it?

In above mentioned situation, I am recovering gradually.

Please cheer me, because I intend to have done with the participation to Italy (Garden Spring Trophy) in April somehow!!
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 02-23-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Japanese figure skating team to train in Armenia for 2014 Winter Olympics:
    http://sport.news.am/eng/news/19938/...-olympics.html

vCash
    Japanese figure skating team to train in Armenia for 2014 Winter Olympics:
    http://sport.news.am/eng/news/19938/...-olympics.html
    Wise move on part of the Japanese federation to procure training facilities now, and with enough time between Japanese Nationals and the OLYs, that will give their athletes plenty of time to train and better acclimate to time change, etc.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast