Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1013
  1. #641

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    I really wish people would stop bringing dadygin as a source for any information. The guy should be employed by 'mills&boon' rather than a paper

  2. #642
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    The source is a tabloid article, but it has Nikolai Morozov saying that Miki Ando wants him to be her coach again and that he does not exclude the possibility that he will indeed coach her again next year.

    http://www.eg.ru/daily/sports/36130/
    Oh, Miki.

  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    At the Winter National Athletic Meet in Tokyo yesterday, Nobunari Oda announced that he had decided to put an end to his career next season

    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...050001-n1.html

    He is hoping to participate to the Sochi Winter Olympics and have his last competition at the Worlds Championships which will take place in Tokyo



    The short program of this competition took place yesterday and Oda landed all his jumps (including a 4T-3T) to take the lead of the competition with 92.29, ahead of Kento Nakamura and Akio Sasaki

  4. #644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    At the Winter National Athletic Meet in Tokyo yesterday, Nobunari Oda announced that he had decided to put an end to his career next season

    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...050001-n1.html

    He is hoping to participate to the Sochi Winter Olympics and have his last competition at the Worlds Championships which will take place in Tokyo
    Oda is a great skater, but there are three more japanese men I'm hoping to see at the Olympics and at worlds in Tokyo. Definitely the worst country in the world to represent, if you're a boy and you're after important FS assignments.

  5. #645
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In an ideal world
    Posts
    2,954
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Not the official release but Ryuichi Kihara was reported as the new partner of Narumi Takahashi:
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...005086750.html
    http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/chuspo/a...901002400.html


    ETA: never mind, a new thread for the news was started while I was posting this. =)
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Ryuichi-Kihara

  6. #646

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,641
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Not the official release but Ryuichi Kihara was reported as the new partner of Narumi Takahashi:
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...005086750.html
    http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/chuspo/a...901002400.html
    A separate thread has been started in GSD since it's big news link:
    New JPN Pair: Narumi Takahashi & Ryuichi Kihara
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  7. #647
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The Junior High School All-Japan Championsips of Skating have been taking place in Nagano. Shoma Uno won both the short and the free for for a third victory in a row with a total points of 202.01, while Riona Kato won in the Ladies with 167.09, ahead of Satoko Miyahara (160.20), who won the bronze medal at the Senior All-Japan Championships in December

    http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/chuspo/a...501002007.html

  8. #648
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    According to Tatjana Flade's twitter, Daisuke Takahashi will unveil a new SP at Four Continents, "Moonlight Sonata"

    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/298763571511296001

    I love Moonlight Sonata to bits, but it's a very difficult piece to do justice to choreographically. And given the timing, I would imagine that it must have been choreographed by Morozov since he said in January that they had worked together on the SP (that last bit is total speculation on my part and not part of the news, btw)
    Last edited by rayhaneh; 02-05-2013 at 12:26 PM.

  9. #649

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,961
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8219
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    According to Tatjana Flade's twitter, Daisuke Takahashi will unveil a new SP at Four Continents, "Moonlight Sonata"

    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/298763571511296001

    I love Moonlight Sonata to bits, but it's a very difficult piece to do justice to choreographically. And given the timing, I would imagine that it must have been choreographed by Morozov since he said in January that they had worked together on the SP (that last bit is total speculation on my part and not part of the news, btw)
    Daisuke Takahashi will practice tomorrow at 4 Continents and also speak to the press, so all details on his SP should be revealed soon.

  10. #650
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here is hoping for a cyber Moonlight Sonata

  11. #651
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Here is hoping for a cyber Moonlight Sonata
    Me too

    Anyway, I was hoping he could change his LP not the SP

  12. #652

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dailand
    Posts
    963
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Turns out he will skate to classical Moonlight Sonata. Another hip hop version of a classical piece would sound too trite, I think.
    Anyway, apparently Morozov suggested the change and he accepted. He feels good with the music though, so who knows!


    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports...6-00000040-dal
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Morozov choreographed a long program to Moonlight Sonata for Sasha Cohen back in 2009 or 2010 if I can count on memory.

  14. #654
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,469
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Morozov choreographed a long program to Moonlight Sonata for Sasha Cohen back in 2009 or 2010 if I can count on memory.
    Here is Sasha's Moonlight lp from 2010

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aryG1Pr8jWE

  15. #655

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,193
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Very interested to see this new program!

  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Here is Sasha's Moonlight lp from 2010

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aryG1Pr8jWE
    this was heartbreaking to watch again. I really wish she had made the Olympic team instead of Flatt

  17. #657

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    La Belle Province
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,382
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3763
    Lynn Rutherford just tweeted:
    Impressive FS by Nobunari Oda at Bavarian Open 178.06 pts w/2 4Toes, 3Axel, 3Lutz/3Toe, but 4th at Japanese nationals so no worlds

    Great for him but that he didn't do this in December!!! Still, it's got to give him more confidence that he has a shot for Sochi next season. Fingers crossed someone was filming so it can show up on YouTube.

  18. #658
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    AAAAArrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!

  19. #659
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oda is such a headcase. He is capable of so much but just can't deliver when it counts. At least he skates rather well at the GPs and internationals...

  20. #660

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,679
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16655
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Oda is such a headcase. He is capable of so much but just can't deliver when it counts. At least he skates rather well at the GPs and internationals...
    Actually, sometimes I felt it was the judges holding him down, especially during this season's GP events. Low second mark etc. Because he had not been very consistent in the past, they were not giving him any favours which they would do for example Takahashi.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •