Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Does the article state whether or not the Japanese skaters will be reassigned to other GP events?
    The answer is "no". I translated the article into Korean using a Korean webservice and checked the content. It is a very short article. The first half of it is about some Japanese triathlon people canceling their trip to a competition in China due to safety concerns. The second part is like this:

The Head of JSF, Ms. Seiko Hashimoto, said that "the athletes cannot be sent under the current conditions" to the third GP series, Cup of China, at Shanghai at the beginning of November, suggesting pending of the trip. Asada Mao (Chukyo University), Miki Ando (Toyota Automobile), and Daiske Takahashi ( Kansai Graduate School) are scheduled to participate in Cup of China.

Basically, this is it. JSF is worried and monitoring the situation. It does not mean they canceled the participation yet. It is too early to say something definite. My guess is things will calm down in a few weeks.
    Last edited by seabm7; 09-18-2012 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    North East Asian region is becoming more and more like a minefield lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    The answer is "no". I translated the article into Korean using a Korean webservice and checked the content. It is a very short article. The first half of it is about some Japanese triathlon people canceling their trip to a competition in China due to safety concerns. The second part is like this:

The Head of JSF, Ms. Seiko Hashimoto, said that "the athletes cannot be sent under the current conditions" to the third GP series, Cup of China, at Shanghai at the beginning of November, suggesting pending of the trip. Asada Mao (Chukyo University), Miki Ando (Toyota Automobile), and Daiske Takahashi ( Kansai Graduate School) are scheduled to participate in Cup of China.

Basically, this is it. JSF is worried and monitoring the situation. It does not mean they canceled the participation yet. It is too early to say something definite. My guess is things will calm down in a few weeks.
    Thanks. I just hope the skaters' safety won't be compromised and they get to compete in two events to have a chance at qualifying for the GPF, especially Mao. It's been so long since she was at the finals and I was bummed last season when she had to withdraw even though it was obviously for a more important reason than skating. Keep politics out of skating.

vCash
    I hope the affected skaters competitive season won't be ruined by the turmoil.
    Can the ISU make adjustments to the schedule/entries to facilitate that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    North East Asian region is becoming more and more like a minefield lately
    China has territorial disputes with Philippines and Vietnam, too.

vCash
    And OT for the record: Japan is also in a dispute with South Korea over what is known as the Dokdo Islands.

Back to the topic: I hope it works out and things calm down. I hate for these skaters to miss out on the GPF because of political events they have no direct role in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Keep politics out of skating.
    This most likely has a lot less to do with politics and a lot more to do with the actual, physical safety of their skaters. Hopefully things will calm down before November, but if the event were this weekend, the Japanese fed would be perfectly justified in feeling that their skaters would be in harms way if they went to China. Missing a GP event is not the end of the world and will not ruin their season. Hopefully they won't have to miss the event. But they'll be fine if they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    This most likely has a lot less to do with politics and a lot more to do with the actual, physical safety of their skaters. Hopefully things will calm down before November, but if the event were this weekend, the Japanese fed would be perfectly justified in feeling that their skaters would be in harms way if they went to China. Missing a GP event is not the end of the world and will not ruin their season. Hopefully they won't have to miss the event. But they'll be fine if they do.
    I'm actually not against the Japanese skating federation pulling the skaters out of competition in China if the Chinese demonstrators potentially are a threat- that's what I meant when I said I hope the skaters' safety won't be compromised. "Keep politics out of skating" was not the most conducive way, but my way of saying there is a time and place to air out whatever issues people have without resorting to violence against an individual simply because of their nationalities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    This most likely has a lot less to do with politics and a lot more to do with the actual, physical safety of their skaters. Hopefully things will calm down before November, but if the event were this weekend, the Japanese fed would be perfectly justified in feeling that their skaters would be in harms way if they went to China.
    Not to mention they'd need increased security measures if they were to go and the organizers might not be willing or able to afford that. I can easily see why the JSF isn't willing to spend their entire budget on heightened security for one event -that's not even Worlds or 4CC.

vCash
    US ambassador to China surrounded by protesters, car damaged
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...r-damaged.html

vCash
    any news, who miki will coached by this season?

by the time there should have been a decision, and i can´t wait to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    any news, who miki will coached by this season?

by the time there should have been a decision, and i can´t wait to know.
    I read at Mao's fan forum that Miki will compete without a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    thanks, that´s what i suspected, but my dear, how can this go the right way? let´s see

vCash
    thanks, that´s what i suspected, but my dear, how can this go the right way? let´s see
    To be more precise, the article mentioned that Miki will not have a coach "by her side during CoC." A bit earlier it was reported that she is working with Yuko Monna (who worked with Miki for 4 years when Miki was a young girl, she also helped Miki get her jumps stable during the off-season after Olympics 2006 and was her co-coach during the 2006-07 season). So it's possible that Miki still works with Yuko, but Yuko, being busy with her young students, can't follow Miki to the competitions outside of Japan.

I hope Miki does well. She looked pretty fit during the summer shows (and she was shown landing a great 3T-3T in one f the practice clips).

vCash
    I thought Miki withdrew from the whole GP? Or is that just a rumour at this point that she is going to withdraw?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post

I hope Miki does well. She looked pretty fit during the summer shows (and she was shown landing a great 3T-3T in one f the practice clips).
    do you have any links of that clip?

i wondered if miki was going for 3toe3toe (like everybody else-->kind of boring), because 3toe isn´t one of her good jumps ormaybe wasn´t.
    but obviously she hadn´t any effort with her 3loop-combos.

we will see, she has a great 3lz2lo, i would build on that.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I thought Miki withdrew from the whole GP? Or is that just a rumour at this point that she is going to withdraw?
    Rumor.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Can't wait watching top skaters' new programs at Japan Open!!
    Mao's Swan Lake should be soooooooo graceful
    And the Carnival on Ice 2012 is the most gorgeous ever
    WHEEEEEEEE

Title-less
    vCash
    Sorry for the cross posting:

There's an article about the Japanese federation sending their skaters to Cup of China after all.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-09-...96240244.shtml
    There's something in there about wanting China to guarantee safety of the skaters. And the Japanese fed is also bringing extra security

vCash
    do you have any links of that clip?
    Sorry for such a late reply! I didn't notice your post until now.

The clip I watched seems to be gone, but the 3-3 can be seen in this clip at 0:40 :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lsF_b0jLE
    The quality isn't the best (it looks like sonebody filmed the screen with their camera), but it's the best I could find.

i wondered if miki was going for 3toe3toe (like everybody else-->kind of boring) (...)
    3-3s with loop at the end are extremely difficult to get ratified among seniors those days, I'm not surprised they are not exactly popular those days. I think we'll see more 3Lz-Ts, 3F-3Ts, etc., as the time goes on (some of the ladies who did 3T-3Ts lasts season are already doing them in practice and planning to put them in their programs this season).

because 3toe isn´t one of her good jumps or maybe wasn´t. but obviously she hadn´t any effort with her 3loop-combos.we will see, she has a great 3lz2lo, i would build on that.
    I think 3T is actually one of Miki's strongest triples - she often planned it at the end of her programs, did it in shows, and was capable of landing 2A-3T and 3T-3L. I think the only times she messed it up in competition was when her condition in general was so poor that she could fall on anything.

Plus, 3Lz-3Lo wouldn't work too well for Miki in the SP. 3F is not her strong jump (after she fixed the edge it became somewhat unstable and frequent falls in practice aggravated her injuries), and she wouldn't be able to repeat 3L, so only acceptable choice left would be 3S (which she never did in the SP out of steps). 3Lz-3L + 3S = 15,3 BV, 3T-3T + 3Lz = 14,2. That's only 1,1 point of difference - and 3T-3T is likely to get up to +2 GoE if done well, while 3Lz-3L is likely to be downgraded again...

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast