Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Well, if Oda has to deal with an injury, I guess this is best time for it. Glad to hear he'll probably back 100% very soon.
    This.
    I really hope this season coming up is his season. He's running out of time. And he seems sooo sweet and down to earth.
    Anyone have any recent pics of him? Or his wedding maybe?

vCash
    is akiko suzuki retiring?

we all know that suguri isn't ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    is akiko suzuki retiring?
    Why is she?

According to her blog, Akiko is now in US for choreographing and training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Why is she?

According to her blog, Akiko is now in US for choreographing and training.
    camerlengo is doing her program? i'm just guessing, because didn't he do her tango short from last season?

i'd really like to see akiko have a great year

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing Risa Shoji next season, she was such a lovely addition this season, her skating is so elegant and she definitely gives me Shizuka vibes. I think this girl could really go places if she survives puberty and works on consistently rotating her jumps, at 14 she has all the other bases covered already and the judges seem to like her skating too, judging from her PCS marks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    camerlengo is doing her program? i'm just guessing, because didn't he do her tango short from last season?
    Her Tango SP was by Kenji Miyamoto but her FS (Fiddler on the Roof) was done by Camerlengo. The fiddler program was very charming!

i'd really like to see akiko have a great year
    ITA!

vCash
    akiko's fiddler on the roof programme was just wonderful. call me old school, but i just love the music / choreography / everything .... pls update us if you know what akiko's skating to next season!!!

also call me , but i am not all that sure about murakami's potential. she has got good speed across the ice, but a few things will hurt her ... 1) really awful technique on the flip and 2) terrible flutz. plus, she can't rely on that "I'm so cute" look soon ..... . The third spot on the world team (assuming Miki ando continues to compete) belongs to AKIKO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Her Tango SP was by Kenji Miyamoto but her FS (Fiddler on the Roof) was done by Camerlengo. The fiddler program was very charming!

ah, thank you. she sure has great taste in music and choreography

i also don't want akiko to be overlooked in favor of the new generation--they aren't quite ready yet, presentation wise, IMO, though risa shoji is definitely one to watch.

tell you what, japan can have the non-nagasu worlds spot from the USA ;p

(just kidding, fellow americans, put down your pitchforks)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Well, if Oda has to deal with an injury, I guess this is best time for it. Glad to hear he'll probably back 100% very soon.
    Maybe Oda can go to math class whilst he is injured.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    akiko's fiddler on the roof programme was just wonderful. call me old school, but i just love the music / choreography / everything .... pls update us if you know what akiko's skating to next season!!!

also call me , but i am not all that sure about murakami's potential. she has got good speed across the ice, but a few things will hurt her ... 1) really awful technique on the flip and 2) terrible flutz. plus, she can't rely on that "I'm so cute" look soon ..... . The third spot on the world team (assuming Miki ando continues to compete) belongs to AKIKO.
    Akiko is almost 27 now and is near the end of her career. It will be hard for her to hold off the younger Japanese girls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Akiko is almost 27 now and is near the end of her career. It will be hard for her to hold off the younger Japanese girls.
    This. And regarding Kanako, she's pretty good, but if Risa Shoji gets her URs under control I think she could easily pass Kanako by the time she's eligible for senior competition (12-13 season), she's more elegant than Kanako and can rotate her 3-3 more consistently too, plus she doesn't rely on being cute.

vCash
    Here is the link to a translation by mot over at the Golden Skate forum of a Daisuke Takahashi interview in Nihon Keizai Shinbun Newspaper: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post570178

vCash
    Thanks for the link. I loves me my Dai.

vCash
    That was a great interview from Dai he really talked openly about his season and shared his feeling and emotions. I hope all goes well with his surgery and rehab.

Thanks to Sylvia for the link and to mot for the translation.

vCash
    Great interview. Thanks to Sylvia and mot...you both rock!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Dreams on Ice 2011
    June 24-26, Yokohama

Men
    Oda
    Hanyu
    Mura
    Tanaka
    Nakamura
    Kihara

Ladies
    Murakami
    Suzuki
    Suguri
    Imai
    Shoji
    Oba
    Nishino

Pairs

Dance

Guests
    Lambiel
    Volosozhar/Trankov
    Pechalat/Bourzat

Takashi had a bolt removing surgery. Kozuka and Asada are out due to IMG's marketing tactics (to raise the value of THE ICE). Ando is in Russia, not sure what Morozov is planning for the next season.
    um,why Kozuka and Asada not attend DOI?They used to in DOI last few years and not effect The ice……

and I see Ando in fantasy on ice cast list in June and July

vCash
    According to this 5/20 English article, Daisuke Takahashi had his surgery last Thursday (5/19): http://www.houseofjapan.com/sport/ta...s-knee-surgery

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    This. And regarding Kanako, she's pretty good, but if Risa Shoji gets her URs under control I think she could easily pass Kanako by the time she's eligible for senior competition (12-13 season), she's more elegant than Kanako and can rotate her 3-3 more consistently too, plus she doesn't rely on being cute.
    So can she do 3/3 or not? Kinda conflicting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    um,why Kozuka and Asada not attend DOI?They used to in DOI last few years and not effect The ice……

and I see Ando in fantasy on ice cast list in June and July
    I remember both Asada and Kozuka didn't show at DOI two years ago due to same "choreography" reasons. Maybe their agent is negotiating with the DOI organizer for better deals now. I think Ando will appear anyway. It's hard to sell to broadcasters without three "stars" including Takahashi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    So can she do 3/3 or not? Kinda conflicting...
    She has UR issues with her harder triples (3lz, 3f, 3lo) but not the easier ones (3t, 3s), and her 3-3 combo just happens to be 3s-3t, so she gets it ratified nearly every time. If that makes sense. It's the same for her 2a-3t. Kanako otoh seems to get a lot of UR calls on the back end of her 3t-3t.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast