Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    The posture is fine but the angles are not very flattering to Mao who seems bulky & muscular here. Where is our reed-slender gazelle of years past? I hope that it is just the angle (or costume length? color?) to blame for the heaviness.
    You're kidding, right? Bulky and muscular? I must have been looking at different pictures
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post

Satoko also won Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy in the senior ladies field over Kexin ZHANG. Her FS7s jump contents were 3Lz3T,3F,3Lo,2A,2A3T,3Lz<2T2T,3S and she earned plus GOEs for almost all contents except for 3Lz<2T2T. SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Crusj0ZYE FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG2GIw3TolQ
    Wow, who is she? I didn't know that skater until I read your post.
    She certainly looked in great shape. Loved her first spin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    Satoko's skating is really quite lovely--I find her very expressive. I also love how she spins in both directions; don't see too much of that anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    Oh, you didn't? She is the bronze medalist in Japan Nats over Akiko last season.
    At the age of 14, she was still so small and cute.lol http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...oQ4Rh/x610.jpg

Satoko skated her FS "Poeta" in The Ice 2013 and you can see her more closely in this video. Shame it's a very short clip, though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49z7UoIysy8

vCash
    Oh, you didn't? She is the bronze medalist in Japan Nats over Akiko last season.
    At the age of 14, she was still so small and cute.lol http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...oQ4Rh/x610.jpg

Satoko skated her FS "Poeta" in The Ice 2013 and you can see her more closely in this video. Shame it's a very short clip, though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49z7UoIysy8
    No I didn't! I haven't watched Japanese nationals for quite a while now. Thank you for the links. Nice view of Mao's dress

vCash
    Hanyu's 4T-3A-3A sequence from Fantasy on Ice 2013:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnmWHsL1DOU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mathil View Post
    Wow!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    so will we finally see somehting like a 3A-3A sequence in competition? not to speak of 4t-3a. he showed some stuff like this last season in shows, but not in competition.

would be great to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    so will we finally see somehting like a 3A-3A sequence in competition? not to speak of 4t-3a. he showed some stuff like this last season in shows, but not in competition.

would be great to see.
    Doubtful, unless the rules change. Right now the second jump would only be worth 80% of its total value IIRC, so it's more convenient for him to keep his current layout in the free and do 3A and 3A-3T.
    As of now, he has landed 3A-3A, 4T-3A, 4S-3A, 4T-3A-3A and 4T-3A-3A-3A-3A-2A (meant to be a triple, but popped) sequences in shows. He can do three 3As in sequence as well, but only attempted in practice.

vCash
    Doubtful, unless the rules change. Right now the second jump would only be worth 80% of its total value IIRC, so it's more convenient for him to keep his current layout in the free and do 3A and 3A-3T.
    Not only the second jump but both jumps of a sequence count only 80% of the base jump value -> 10,3 (4T) + 8,5 (3A) x 0,8 = 15,04

That shows one more time how stupid IJS is in some regards. Would love to see more variation in jump combination/sequences.

However impressive jumping ability by Hanyu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t.mann View Post
    Kozuka, Dai, Hanyu, Oda.
    Japan must have 4 spots for Sochi. Too much talents.
    Ita! Shame we can't watch all of them in Sochi. Although it is very unlikely I would pick Takahashi (best overall package), Kozuka (best edge work) and Oda (smoothest landings ever) for the Olympic team. Hanyu has a couple of years to come.

vCash
    I don't even want to think about the blood bath that is to be Japanese Nationals.

3 men out of Takahashi, Hanyu, Kozuka, Oda, Mura and Machida?

And only 3 ladies out of Asada, Suzuki, Ando, Murakami and Miyahara?

Those are some very strong veterans and some very promising up and comers.

It is so upsetting that so many talented and great skaters have to be left home. But if this is the rule, may the best skaters go to Sochi. Let's not have politics or commercial considerations come into play.

vCash
    Whoops, I forgot about that. Thanks for correcting me, vocal

Based on the rules that JSF will follow to select the Olympic team, Takahashi and Hanyu are pretty much of a lock for Sochi. They would have to severely bomb all the way to Nationals for one between Kozuka, Oda, Mura or Machida to have a chance of taking their place. The fight is for that third spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I can't believe anyone would accuse Mao Asada of looking heavy! To me it is a cause for celebration when she does not look vanishingly skinny. She has been struggling with underweight the past few years. I think she looks wonderful in these two photos. And I am not one of those who defends plump skaters just to be considerate or PC.
    I'm just referring to these specific photos - the angle and lighting makes it appear as if Mao is 'bulked up' with muscles, ready for a Ms Olympia body-building competition. I did not mean heavy as in 'fat' at all! By the way, I've seen the recent YouTubes of THE ICE and Mao looks totally fantastic and fit in a feminine manner. Nothing like the photos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I'm just referring to these specific photos - the angle and lighting makes it appear as if Mao is 'bulked up' with muscles, ready for a Ms Olympia body-building competition. I did not mean heavy as in 'fat' at all! By the way, I've seen the recent YouTubes of THE ICE and Mao looks totally fantastic and fit in a feminine manner. Nothing like the photos.
    As I previously posted, these photos are old. She has over the boot tights in them. Mao doesn't wear them anymore, and hasn't for the past two seasons.

vCash
    does anyone know, when miki ando has her 'test skate' to show in front of officials?
    many b-competitions are in the early season, don't now how she should be assigned to one of those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    does anyone know, when miki ando has her 'test skate' to show in front of officials?
    many b-competitions are in the early season, don't now how she should be assigned to one of those.
    All I know about her is she has to go through Kanto Regional Oct 11-14 and then Eastern Sectional Nov 1-4 to appear in Japan Nats Dec 21-24. IIRC JFS said they would decide whether they send her to a B class competition or not after Kanto Regional.

vCash
    Hanyu is back in his hometown Sendai now. He opened practices to the public and media today. He came back to Japan to make cms (speculations: for ANA? or JOC ?) and will go back to Canada on Sept. 3. It seems like he is not going to join JSF's summer camp in Armania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDiU1KpDrd4

vCash
    All I know about her is she has to go through Kanto Regional Oct 11-14 and then Eastern Sectional Nov 1-4 to appear in Japan Nats Dec 21-24. IIRC JFS said they would decide whether they send her to a B class competition or not after Kanto Regional.
    ah okay, thanks for that.
    will be interresting to see what happens

vCash

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast