Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia I was in such a rush when I posted. I deleted the link.

vCash
    I am also heartbroken for Kozuka. Since he is injured probably the best thing is for him to heal....not try and train through the injury for 4CC or Worlds (JMO). He need to come back strong and healthy for next season if he wants to make the World/Olympic team in this deep field.

I am also very sad for Akiko since I love her skating. She is going to Worlds and 4CC so that is a good thing. I am really puzzled about her season. Early on she had a lot of problems with the SP and rocked the FS. Now, she seems to be doing fine with the SP and having major problems with the FS. Since I don't read or understand Japanese I wonder if she has an injury which is causing her trouble with the 3Flip? It seems so odd that GPF and here it was such a problem for her. It would be great if she does well at 4CC and Worlds. I hope she continues on to 2014!

vCash
    I can't believe that they didn't assign Oda to 4CC as he skated well at Skate Canada and came 3rd. At Rostelcom he came back with a great long placing 2nd in the long and he came 3rd in the long at japanese nationals. This seems very harsh. The depth is unique. I am very disappointed. These skaters work so hard, sacrifice so much and at any other nationals Oda and Kozuka would have made the world team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post

I am also very sad for Akiko since I love her skating. She is going to Worlds and 4CC so that is a good thing. I am really puzzled about her season. Early on she had a lot of problems with the SP and rocked the FS. Now, she seems to be doing fine with the SP and having major problems with the FS. !

being fine means 3t2t?
    that´s not fine for a current worlds bronze medalist and wannebe real contender for 2013/14 world and olympic medals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    being fine means 3t2t?
    that´s not fine for a current worlds bronze medalist and wannebe real contender for 2013/14 world and olympic medals.
    Akiko has never been a real consistent skater. This season at Skate Canada she was 5th in SP and 1st in FS and Overall 2. At NHK she was 5th in SP 1st in FS and Overall 2. Then, at the GPF she was 3rd in all phases. At Japanese Nationals she was 1st in SP (over Mao the Olympic Silver Medalist who popped her loop) and 5th in the FS and Overall 4th.

No, I don't think a 3t/2t was great - she was going for a 3t/3t but has struggled with it this year.

It just seemed like she might have some type of injury to have so much trouble with her flip and lutz at Japan Nationals. I don't read or speak the language so I wondered if anyone who does might have heard something in the interview Yukari did with Akiko - or something in an article.

I still enjoy Akiko more than any of the other Japanese ladies, though of course Mao is also lovely.

vCash
    Several skaters complained about the ice being too hard, so it is possible that affected their timing with toe pick jumps. I guess if you were already struggling with a particular jump (flip, in Akiko's case), that would only make matters worse.

vCash
    Thanks Ioana, I hadn't heard about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skate65 View Post
    I can't believe that they didn't assign Oda to 4CC as he skated well at Skate Canada and came 3rd. At Rostelcom he came back with a great long placing 2nd in the long and he came 3rd in the long at japanese nationals. This seems very harsh. The depth is unique. I am very disappointed. These skaters work so hard, sacrifice so much and at any other nationals Oda and Kozuka would have made the world team.
    I feel bad for Oda. He couldn't capitalize earlier in his career when he had chances and now other skaters have passed him by. Maybe he can do pair ....

vCash
    I thought Oda is quite short for pairs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I thought Oda is quite short for pairs...
    Indeed. I think he's quite a tiny person overall, and although that suits both him and his current skating abilities, he'd have to pair up with a lady close to being invisible.

-- I'm heartbroken for Kozuka. A lot of his best qualities can't be seen in any other male skater, even in this incredibly deep field. Iìll miss those a lot. May he get back on the ice strong and competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Other "Medalist on Ice" performances (so far):

Mao Asada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucvuig-WS9s
    Thanks! A spoon full of sweet Asada <3
    Last edited by loulou; 12-25-2012 at 01:33 PM.

vCash
    The whole Gala
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wODwdK92c

There's a sweet video of Akiko crying backstage while Daisuke tries to console her.
    He says "It's not the end, stay calm, promise me!"
    To which she replies "It can't be fixed because I'm out of shape"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmdU3...ture=endscreen
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    The whole Gala

There's a sweet video of Akiko crying backstage while Daisuke tries to console her.
    Wow - given Akiko's stuggles with an eating disorder, that conversation is bleak. I hope she doesn't do anything drastic.

vCash
    The whole Gala

It's heartbreaking to see her cry. There is no skater I've ever wanted to root for more than Akiko. Wishing her the best

vCash
    We can't begin to know----at least those of us who don't compete---what these skates go through when all their handwork and sacrifice isn't fulfilled. Seeing her cry makes me feel really sad, and I wish I hadn't watched it really, except that in the future I will give more thought to the skater who falls short of their goals.

vCash
    wow Mura kicked Oda , Machida and Kozuka's Butts
    sad Kozuka not going

vCash
    The whole Gala

Poor thing!!! I hope she can feel better and give great performances at 4CC and worlds. I think her programs this season are (love the departure from her usual sweet persona for the SP).

And I'm really sad to see Kozuka skating poorly, I hope his injury can heal quickly and he can have a great Olympic season.
    Last edited by LilJen; 12-29-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    Wow - given Akiko's stuggles with an eating disorder, that conversation is bleak. I hope she doesn't do anything drastic.
    She said she couldn't finetune things the way she wanted to and that it [the results] couldn't be helped - I don't think she was referring to any future competition

And apparently she's confirmed that she'll continue until Sochi - hopefully those issues in the FS at GPF and Nats will motivate her towards great things at 4CC and Worlds ^_^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Indeed. I think he's quite a tiny person overall, and although that suits both him and his current skating abilities, he'd have to pair up with a lady close to being invisible.

Yes, but Narumi Takahashi is tiny and now looking for a Japanese partner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I can't believe Kozuka's season ends here. I loved both his programs, especially the SP, and he's been skating so well... It's unbelievably unfair.
    I thought these were two of the best programs he has had. I only hope he keeps one or both of them and comes back strong next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    I thought these were two of the best programs he has had. I only hope he keeps one or both of them and comes back strong next year.
    They may well be the best 2 programs on the whole circuit this season.
    In my books they are.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast