Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    Sorry for such a late reply! I didn't notice your post until now.

The clip I watched seems to be gone, but the 3-3 can be seen in this clip at 0:40 :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lsF_b0jLE
    The quality isn't the best (it looks like sonebody filmed the screen with their camera), but it's the best I could find.
    thanks so much; looks solid, hope she can deliver it!

i always thought the same about mikis toe jump, but in some interview it was mentioned, that it wasn´t one of her best jumps, so 2a3t are difficult for her. i was kind of surprised cause most of the time this combo looked really strong.

but i´m not sure if a clean 3llz2t 3l 2a short will put her much behind thos with 3t3t.

problem will be yu-na kim coming back with mayby 3lz3t, even the russian wonder babies are going for the 3t3t

vCash
    Sorry for such a late reply! I didn't notice your post until now.

The clip I watched seems to be gone, but the 3-3 can be seen in this clip at 0:40 :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lsF_b0jLE
    The quality isn't the best (it looks like sonebody filmed the screen with their camera), but it's the best I could find.

Plus, 3Lz-3Lo wouldn't work too well for Miki in the SP. 3F is not her strong jump (after she fixed the edge it became somewhat unstable and frequent falls in practice aggravated her injuries), and she wouldn't be able to repeat 3L, so only acceptable choice left would be 3S (which she never did in the SP out of steps). 3Lz-3L + 3S = 15,3 BV, 3T-3T + 3Lz = 14,2. That's only 1,1 point of difference - and 3T-3T is likely to get up to +2 GoE if done well, while 3Lz-3L is likely to be downgraded again...
    Gone are the days of 3F+3Lo and 3Lz+3Lo....Even Adelena Stok is revemping her jump to 3Lz+3T...she was having problem landing and getting < all last season. Once u hit puberty....bye bye to that combo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Gone are the days of 3F+3Lo and 3Lz+3Lo....Even Adelena Stok is revemping her jump to 3Lz+3T...she was having problem landing and getting < all last season. Once u hit puberty....bye bye to that combo
    yes, it´s a nice developement so many girls out there doing 3t3t and a many 2a3t, but for me personally i miss the hard combos.

some of these girls even do not have a triple flip or lutz in their program.

but maybe it´s just the time and it will probably disappear like all those sequences with 2axels at the end in the olympic season.

vCash
    According to this article Japanese federation announced they send their people to Shanghai to investigate security around the link and the hotel. And also it says Japanese fed received answers from ISU and Chinese fed, that they do their best not to make any trouble during COP.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...4-1027521.html

I just found Mao's new CF. She looks pure and beautifu in her white dress It's a kind of funny CF. Mao is reading a story about a pig which wants to clean up every toilet around the world
    http://toiletton.com/movie/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Sorry for the cross posting:

There's an article about the Japanese federation sending their skaters to Cup of China after all.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-09-...96240244.shtml
    There's something in there about wanting China to guarantee safety of the skaters. And the Japanese fed is also bringing extra security
    Good news! In time of peril, actually sports AND arts are good uplifting exchanges to ease the tension, or certainly calm the situation for a while.

Figure skating is both, a celebration of skill and beauty. I really doubt people are going to blame/target a few young skaters who have nothing to do with the deeds of the last the generation. If they do, they should really be ashamed of themselves. There's a time and place for everything, and Cup of China is certainly not the place to unleash their protest to unrelated matters.

I am especially looking forward to Mirai making the most of her only GP assignment this year. Come on Mirai!!

vCash

Wow. I'm actually really impressed with Miki's performance here. Her Meditation program is beautiful! Is that going to be a competitive program or is that just her exhibition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Figure skating is both, a celebration of skill and beauty. I really doubt people are going to blame/target a few young skaters who have nothing to do with the deeds of the last the generation. If they do, they should really be ashamed of themselves. There's a time and place for everything, and Cup of China is certainly not the place to unleash their protest to unrelated matters.
    OMG - think before you post. There is a time and place for attacking innocent bystanders (which is what is/was feared, i.e. that random Japanese people are attacked)
    And only those who attack beautiful skaters should be ashamed of themselves?

I realize that you did not mean it that way but it was worded really poorly and without giving it any thought at all. And people who attack other people should not only be ashamed of themselves but be punished. I doubt you realize what an angry mob is capable off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Wow. I'm actually really impressed with Miki's performance here. Her Meditation program is beautiful! Is that going to be a competitive program or is that just her exhibition?
    The length is 3:22 (neither short nor long program length) and there isn't enough content, so it's got to be her exhibition program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    OMG - think before you post. There is a time and place for attacking innocent bystanders (which is what is/was feared, i.e. that random Japanese people are attacked)
    And only those who attack beautiful skaters should be ashamed of themselves?

I realize that you did not mean it that way but it was worded really poorly and without giving it any thought at all. And people who attack other people should not only be ashamed of themselves but be punished. I doubt you realize what an angry mob is capable off.
    I am glad you realize I don't mean that way, so why bring it up at all? I realise this is a time for sensitivity, so please don't embellish it into something else other than what was stated. Surely I don't have to type out there're no excuse for violence, vigilante and vandalize innocent by standers, or write an 1000 words essay on what WOULD BE the right cause of action and WHY sports and arts should continue in times of peril and wide political divide, for that they can bring people together?

I am going to share the rest of my thought on the issue in the other political incorrect thread a bit later.

Good luck to all Japanese skaters at Cup of China.

vCash
    Why bring it up at all? Because it was an insensitive post the way you posted it and I wanted to bring to your attention that you can insult when you write this way.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Whereas I didn't see anything insensitive about os168's post. The Japanese Federation expressed concerned about the safety of its skaters/delegation and took this into consideration in determining whether they would send them to Cup of China. os168 addressed the issue of attacking skaters as a protest in that context, as I read it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Well I didn't really. What does being a skater have to do whether or not you are attacked by an angry mob? I doubt they would care. And why is there a time and place for that anyway?

It really rubbed me the wrong way but I will let it rest now.

vCash
    Here's a recent clip on Kanako. I features her new SP and LP. Could anyone translate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zDj-ARoBss

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Good luck to all Japanese skaters at Cup of China.
    I echo your sentiments.

I hope all the skaters and we'll see a great competition!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    Here's a recent clip on Kanako. I features her new SP and LP. Could anyone translate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zDj-ARoBss
    Found both of her programs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYtxQhBVAso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7HcECSX2R4

vCash
    Thanks, DELTA! I'll go re-post Murakami's SP & FS videos from last week's Chubu Regionals in the Japan qualifying competitions thread I started in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85204
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    I guess they have given up working on her jump issues. The harder toe jumps are positively ugly and almost remind me of Yoshie Onda (except Onda seldom UR-ed her jumps).

Still, the programs look good.

vCash
    3-3s with loop at the end are extremely difficult to get ratified among seniors those days, I'm not surprised they are not exactly popular those days. I think we'll see more 3Lz-Ts, 3F-3Ts, etc., as the time goes on (some of the ladies who did 3T-3Ts lasts season are already doing them in practice and planning to put them in their programs this season).

Plus, 3Lz-3Lo wouldn't work too well for Miki in the SP. 3F is not her strong jump (after she fixed the edge it became somewhat unstable and frequent falls in practice aggravated her injuries), and she wouldn't be able to repeat 3L, so only acceptable choice left would be 3S (which she never did in the SP out of steps). 3Lz-3L + 3S = 15,3 BV, 3T-3T + 3Lz = 14,2. That's only 1,1 point of difference - and 3T-3T is likely to get up to +2 GoE if done well, while 3Lz-3L is likely to be downgraded again...
    While I agree with your opinion that 3X-3T combos are easier and more common than the 3X-3L combos, I don't think that's the reason Miki left it out of her program. She's not the young girl she is anymore, and she doesn't want to end up like Tara Lipinski: hip injury and all. While I would love for Miki to have competed with a 4S + 3Lz-3L SP jumps, it's not very realistic.

Also, why can't Miki repeat the loop jump? It's done in combination. If Miki wanted, she can do a 3Lz-3L + 3L. Nothing in the rule stops her. I'm quite sure a skater can compete with a 3X-3T + 3T SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    While I agree with your opinion that 3X-3T combos are easier and more common than the 3X-3L combos, I don't think that's the reason Miki left it out of her program. She's not the young girl she is anymore, and she doesn't want to end up like Tara Lipinski: hip injury and all. While I would love for Miki to have competed with a 4S + 3Lz-3L SP jumps, it's not very realistic.
    Well, the age certainly is a factor, but the fact is that the skaters keep doing risky things as long as they are rewarded for it. Miki might not do 4S anymore, but I saw her doing 3S-3L and 3Lz-3L-3L relatively recently.

It is nigh impossible for a senior lady with a mature body to get a 3-3L ratified those days, and even if they can do it (and keep doing it) in practice, they rarely attempt in in the competition.
    Even if by some miracle they'd get some of their attempts ratified, there is the question of GoEs. Ice coverage is one of the bullet points for +GoE, and in my experience the judges go really crazy for jumps that just fly across the ice. Even perfectly rotated 3L combo doesn't cover as much ice as perfectly done 3T one, and in result it actually ends up scoring lower than 3T one.

If this was just the issue of physical condition, I think we'd see more men attempt 3-3L combos (and some of the skaters are capable of doing them in practice).

(Plus, a 4S, 3Lz-3L SP is unrealistic for the ladies for now simply because it isn't allowed. A triple out of steps is the required element. )

Also, why can't Miki repeat the loop jump? It's done in combination. If Miki wanted, she can do a 3Lz-3L + 3L. Nothing in the rule stops her. I'm quite sure a skater can compete with a 3X-3T + 3T SP.
    Actually, she can't:
    Solo jumps must be different from the jumps included in the combination.
    The only way for a skater to repeat a jump in SP is to have the repeated jumps be a part of the same combination (3T-3T or 3L-3L).

vCash
    Even if by some miracle they'd get some of their attempts ratified, there is the question of GoEs. Ice coverage is one of the bullet points for +GoE, and in my experience the judges go really crazy for jumps that just fly across the ice. Even perfectly rotated 3L combo doesn't cover as much ice as perfectly done 3T one, and in result it actually ends up scoring lower than 3T one.
    I totally agree with you. And I hate this trend. Different kinds of jumps have their own different kinds of beauty.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast