Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    Could any Japanese fan (or other posters in the know) confirm or deny this?

Daisuke Takahashi to return to Morozov. I really don't know what to think of this if it's true. Back to crappy programs and his oiliness by the boards, but Dai is willing to do anything to win the Olympics?
    There was talk about Daisuke Takahashi returning to Nikolai Morozov already five weeks ago in Moscow. At that time his agent didn't confirm it (but didn't outright deny it) when I asked, but now I was told to expect a press release tomorrow (Friday). I am thinking this will be the official confirmation.
    But maybe Morozov is not doing his choreography or at least not all of it. AFAIK Takahashi is working with Lori Nichol (but I don't have an official confirmation for that either).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks, Eislauffan. Maybe a new thread in GSD can be started when the press release comes out?

ETA link to the "Dreams on Ice" thread that was started for this week's shows: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83945
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    There was talk about Daisuke Takahashi returning to Nikolai Morozov already five weeks ago in Moscow. At that time his agent didn't confirm it (but didn't outright deny it) when I asked, but now I was told to expect a press release tomorrow (Friday). I am thinking this will be the official confirmation.
    But maybe Morozov is not doing his choreography or at least not all of it. AFAIK Takahashi is working with Lori Nichol (but I don't have an official confirmation for that either).
    Thank you, Eislauffan! All of a sudden the thought of Nichol choreographing Daisuke seems like heaven. Ah, the irony of it!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Thank you so much for the information, Eislauffan. I guess tomorrow will bring clarity as to what this means.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Here's confirmation:

http://fskating.com/2012/06/takahash...i-morozov.html

“We decided together with Daisuke to continue our cooperation,” said Morozov RSport agency. “I’m very interested to work again with this skater. In addition, I believe that the presence of such a master in our group will benefit other my students in the process of preparation for the Olympic Games in Sochi.” he added.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    That's Russia's Ria Novosti agency that came out yesterday. What we were really waiting for is an official statement from Dai, or Dai's agent in today's scheduled press conference.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Remember that Morozov is responsible for Takahashi's Hip Hop Swan Lake which was a super voidy program.

I'd much rather see Takahashi continue to work with Miyamoto and Camerlengo but if this makes him more consistent and gives him an opportunity to beat Chan, I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    but let´s hope miki is among them, too, think this will be her only chance for a glimpse at medal.
    Their break-up wasn't exactly very amicable I think, so no way they'd ever work together again.

The big question now: Who is Miki going to train with and who is going to choreograph her programs?

vCash
    Morozov - Takahashi !!!! It's official!
    http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/0...206150654.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Remember that Morozov is responsible for Takahashi's Hip Hop Swan Lake which was a super voidy program.

I'd much rather see Takahashi continue to work with Miyamoto and Camerlengo but if this makes him more consistent and gives him an opportunity to beat Chan, I am all for it.

Their break-up wasn't exactly very amicable I think, so no way they'd ever work together again.

The big question now: Who is Miki going to train with and who is going to choreograph her programs?
    Choreograph for Miki? Don't you mean whom will select her background music while she jumps and flails her arms?? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Choreograph for Miki? Don't you mean whom will select her background music while she jumps and flails her arms?? Lol
    Yeah that.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chika3 View Post
    Morozov - Takahashi !!!! It's official!
    http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/0...206150654.html
    Thanks for the link - I've started a new thread in GSD: Confirmed: Daisuke Takahashi will be coached by Nikolai Morozov again
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    some articals said Miki hasn't deside compete GP or not,I heard Lambiel will choreograph her SP for a long time but don't see comfirm yet....

vCash
    Here are brief comments from Takahashi and Hanyu
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...do_sp-spo.html

Takahashi says he's preparing to do two quads in the FS. Hanyu plans 4T and 4S in the FS (no two quads SP for the time being).

vCash
    this would be so much drama. miki with whomever against leonova with morozov in fight for gold ar even a medal
    drama guarantee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Here are brief comments from Takahashi and Hanyu
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...do_sp-spo.html

Takahashi says he's preparing to do two quads in the FS. Hanyu plans 4T and 4S in the FS (no two quads SP for the time being).
    Quite ballsy moves. Especially on Dai's part. Wow. The resilience of his is en par with Plushy's IMO. You have to respect the man for upping the ante for skating's sake, unafraid of taking risks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Now, now, to be fair she will probably spin a few times, too.

vCash
    Even though most people on here want to see Miki's artistic side, id rather see her bring out the big jumps again (I love artistry, but we need to see more difficult jumps in ladies skating again ) In a perfect world, Miki would get her butt to colorado Springs as soon as possible and start working with Christy Krall, I can almost see her 4Salchow
    Last edited by DimaToe; 06-18-2012 at 04:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    (I love artistry, but we need to see more difficult jumps in ladies skating again )

The jumping level in Juniors at the moment is probably the highest it's been in a very long time, if not ever.

And Ando's jumps were very often cheated so...

vCash

The jumping level in Juniors at the moment is probably the highest it's been in a very long time, if not ever.
    that´s true, but at senior ladies, we´re just seeing 3toe3toe of almost everybody and have to be happy, if we can see a 2a3toe.

back to 3lz3lo or something like that! come on girls!

Miki would surely have been continuing her 3lz3lo if there would´ve been need for it. everybody recognizes, it only helps if she could land it a 100% clean. so she did, what almost everyone else did, safe combo. not bto blame her for that.

vCash
    She was going to work on her SP with Stephane Lambiel, but at the DOI interview a few days ago she said that it's now unclear, as he is not in the condition to work on her program - http://absoluteskating.proboards.com...ad=4733&page=1 . It's a pity, because I hoped that we will finally see a bit better musicality and more emotion from her in her competition program if she worked on it with Lambiel - I think he could be an inspiration for her in those things. Although I think that now, when she apparently loves performing in shows more than before, she could be inspired to try and be more artistic in her competition programs too.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast