Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    JPN National Teams 2011-2012 updated

There are some differences from the announcement in April. Unfortunately, no new pair and dance teams are added (at this point).

vCash
    My Japanese is non existing. would anyone mind spelling out the changes in English

vCash
    Suzuki and Imai were demoted to "A" in the April version but they are brought back to "Special" afterall.

Men "Special"
    Kozuka Takahiko
    Oda Nobunari
    Takahashi Daisuke
    Hanyu Yuzuru

Ladies "Special"
    Ando Miki
    Asada Mao
    Murakami Kanako
    Suzuki Akiko (new)
    Imai Haruka (new)

Men A
    Mura Takahito
    Machida Tatsuki
    Murakami Daisuke
    Nakamura Kento
    Kihara Ryuichi
    Hino Ryuju
    Tanaka Keiji

Ladies A
    Shoji Risa
    Nishino Yuki
    Suguri Fumie
    Tomotaki Kako
    Oba Miyabi

Men B
    Uno Shoma
    Tsuboi Yoji
    Itai Fumiya
    Kawahara Sei
    Suzuki Jun
    Sasaki Akio
    Nakamura Shu (new)
    Ichihashi Shoya (new)

Ladies B
    Ishikawa Shoko
    Muramoto Kana
    Goto Ayumi
    Miyahara Satoko
    Ueno Saya
    Oshikawa Roanna Sari
    Suzuki Haruna
    Kato Riona
    Nitaya Rin
    Isobe Hinano
    Kawakami Saki
    Kemanai Karen
    Kono Yuka
    Suzuki Mari
    Kokubun Shion
    Takayama Mutsumi
    Fujisawa Yukiko
    Sato Miu
    Yasuhara Ayana (new)
    Takeda Nana
    Matsuno Mayako (novice)

Ice Dance Special
    Cathy Reed/Chris Reed

Pair Special
    Takahashi Narumi/Mervin Tran
    Last edited by NMURA; 07-31-2011 at 02:58 PM.

vCash
    Can't believe Suguri hasn't retired.

Suguri for gold in Sochi!

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Suzuki and Imai were demoted to "A" in the April version but they are brought back to "Special" afterall.
    Whee! I wonder if this has anything to do with Miki's officially anouncing she's skipping the GP. Either way, it's good to know Akiko is back on their 'premiership' team .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Can't believe Suguri hasn't retired.

Suguri for gold in Sochi!
    Challenging Gimazetdinova

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Challenging Gimazetdinova
    Gimzo's doing shows now.

At least we have Suguri to fly the granny flag.

vCash
    Ice Dance Special
    Cathy Reed/Chris Reed

Pair Special
    Takahashi Narumi/Mervin Tran
    Team Japan only has one ice dance and one pair team? (since I don't see any name in dance/pair A and B)

Aren't they guaranteed to win National Champion every year no matter what?!

vCash
    Last year there were two ice dance teams at Nationals. http://img.pixs.ru/storage/1/6/5/_8721646_1425165.jpg
    And yes, one pair, Narumi and Mervin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Last year there were two ice dance teams at Nationals. http://img.pixs.ru/storage/1/6/5/_8721646_1425165.jpg
    The silver medalist team on the left, Emi HIRAI / Taiyo MIZUTANI, have since split - she's listed on icepartnersearch.com.

The Junior national champion team of Misato KOMATSUBARA / Kokoro MIZUTANI (14th in the preliminary round at Junior Worlds -- link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012476.htm ) have also split -- she's listed on icepartnersearch.

ETA what I posted in this thread early June:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Three Japanese ice dancers are recent additions to icepartnersearch.com -- Taiyo Mizutani, age 22, his former partner at the Senior level Emi Hirai, 24 (who lists Muriel Zazoui as her coach in her icepartnersearch bio), and Misato Komatsubara, 18, who competed at 2011 Junior Worlds with her former partner, Kokoro Mizutani (he's now 21 and aged out of juniors). K. Mizutani is the only one not currently listed on icepartnersearch.
    Taiyo Mizutani has since removed his bio from IPS so perhaps he has found a partner?

vCash
    In June, the JSF had tryout sessions for new pair and dance teams. There's no hint about what happened though, in pair and ice dance, new teams outside of the team categories could be sent to international competitions. There's a rumor that Allison Reed was at the dance tryout.

vCash
    In June, the JSF had tryout sessions for new pair and dance teams. There's no hint about what happened though, in pair and ice dance, new teams outside of the team categories could be sent to international competitions. There's a rumor that Allison Reed was at the dance tryout.
    I really hope that new teams were formed.

Maybe Allison Reed is skating with one of the Mizutanis. Would be awesome.

vCash
    FWIW, I remember that Allison Reed changed the citizenship line of her icepartnersearch bio from Japan to USA before she eventually took the bio down.

Reposting the following from the Programs thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by nana7045 View Post
    This week, Japanese Skating Federation is having the national camp.
    Some skaters joined the camp and show their new programs.
    (Mao and Daisuke do not joined.)
    If anyone can share more information about this camp (such Japanese news or photo links if they are published online), please do!

Japan's JGP singles skater pool (listed as entries and/or alternates for the 1st JGP) includes:
    Ladies: Riona KATO and Miyabi OBA (Latvia), Yukiko FUJISAWA, Yuki NISHINO, Rin NITAYA, Roanna Sari OSHIKAWA, Kako TOMOTAKI, Saya UENO
    Men: Ryuju HINO and Sei KAWAHARA (Latvia), Shoya ICHIHASHI, Shu NAKAMURA, Jun SUZUKI
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-03-2011 at 02:41 PM.

vCash
    This is an article in the website “Sportsnavi” in Japan
    Translated from Japanese.
    Aiming at the new season, the training camp is being held.
    August 3rd, 2011 JST

The training camp for the players who participate to the Grand Prix (GP) series of this season opened to public in the ice arena of Chukyo University in Toyota city in Aichi prefecture in August 3rd. The training camp is being held for 4 days from August 1st. Each player was polishing the skating skill carefully.
    Kanako Murakami (Chukyo University Chukyo High School) who attained to her second year in senior checked the step etc, while playing a part of Mendelssohn's "Violin Concerto" which she adopted as the music of the free skating. She said, "I think that it has a characteristic of the music which differs from the music which I have skated so far". And she said, "I think that I would like to skate so that the audience says that I became to adult-like".
    Mao Asada did not participate for being in poor health. Daisuke Takahashi did not participate for being in an other training camp in Hokkaido. Takahiko Kozuka left the training camp in August 2nd for going to US. Worlds Champion, Miki Ando does not participate to GP series in this season.

The article:
    Aiming at the new season, the training camp is being held.
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...4-jij-spo.html

Translater’s note:
    The players who participated to the training camp seem to have been Takahiko Kozuka, Nobunari Oda, Yuzuru Hanyu, Kanako Murakami, Akiko Suzuki and Haruka Imai.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    I really liked Murakami's perkiness and I wish that it was developed, instead of trying to transform her into a "more adult skater," ie. a typical zzz... Lady. ;P

vCash
    What's wrong with Mao?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    What's wrong with Mao?
    Mao's condition is not good now, so do not join the camp.

Also Daisuke does not joint this camp, but he has another camp with his coach Takeshi Honda in Sapporo, Hakkaido now.
    News said just Daisuke is not ready to join the camp yet.
    (He had the surgery in May, and maybe not totally recovered?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I really liked Murakami's perkiness and I wish that it was developed, instead of trying to transform her into a "more adult skater," ie. a typical zzz... Lady. ;P
    I agree and at the same time disagree.

Kanako's fresh-faced, perky, "Jumpin' Jack" routine was my favorite routine of any of the ladies last season. It was a welcome break from the monotony of cookie-cutter programs we usually get from senior ladies. BUT, at the same time, she's gotta expand and grow up a bit if she wants to stay competitive and get the kind of scores she deserves. I keep saying the main thing that this current crop of ladies will hold over the newbies entering this season is their experience and maturity. Kanako has grown over the summer and she'll need to show that. I like the mature look and I can get used to it. What I don't want to see is her lose that spark and energy she has when she skates. She can maintain both of those great qualities without the bouncy-bouncy music and costumes...she's very versatile when it comes to music, so it'll be interesting to see what she brings to the table.

I really like her and I hope she has a great season this year...

ETA: Does anyone have more info on why Mao isn't attending training camp? Is she injured? Sick? Any news?

vCash
    I really hope Mao's okay

vCash
    This is an article in “Sankei Sports” in Japan.
    Translated from Japanese.
    Kanako showed the program of this season.
    August 5th, 2011 JST

By Noboru Ito
    In August 3rd, the training camp for the players who participated to Grand Prix (GP) series of this season was opened to public in the ice arena of Chukyo University in Toyota city in Aichi prefecture and Kanako Murakami (16, Chukyo University Chukyo High School) etc showed the program of this season.
    For Murakami who attains to her second year in senior, it is the training camp which becomes to real start. She revealed that she made the program, with requesting to a foreign choreographer for the first time, saying "I was confused because I could not understand English, but I think that it was good to have been to abroad" with smiling face.
    Particularly, as for the short program, she requested to Tatiana Tarasova whom Mao Asada (20, Chukyo University) studied under once. She is going to decide whether she adopt it formally after spending a time.
    The nova who won the 3rd place in Grand prix final in last season is scheduled to participate to the 3rd event, "China Cup" (at Shanghai in November 4th-6th) and to the 5th event, "Tropee Eric Bompard" (at Paris in November 18th-20th).
    By the way, Mao Asada did not participate to this training camp for being poor health.

The article:
    Kanako showed the program of this season.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/11...0502000-n1.htm
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast