Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pairs Skaters with kids.

Say,do we know of any Pairs Skaters who have kids? Either the Partnership,or just 1 of the Partners from a Partnership who happens to be a Parent? For example...does Amanda Evora have kids?

vCash
    Kristy Sargeant has a kid, but I think it was with someone else other than Kris Wirtz. It seems like both partners raise her though.

clutching a very dry gin martini up with a twist
    vCash
    Mark Ladwig

vCash
    From the times past- both Irina Rodnina and Katya Gordeeva interrupted their competitive career to have a child, and then came back and became Olympic Gold medalists ( Rodnina for the third time, Gordeeva for the second time)
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    From the times past- both Irina Rodnina and Katya Gordeeva interrupted their competitive career to have a child, and then came back and became Olympic Gold medalists ( Rodnina for the third time, Gordeeva for the second time)
    actually gordeeva was already PRO when she became preggo with daria =) and she joined the SOI tour weeks after birth! she is one tough cookie!
    i think it is obvioulsy much easier for a male partner to have a child and skate that a mama!! but isabelle delobel skated in the 2010 olympics after her son was born ( was he like 6 months?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    actually gordeeva was already PRO when she became preggo with daria =) and she joined the SOI tour weeks after birth! she is one tough cookie!
    i think it is obvioulsy much easier for a male partner to have a child and skate that a mama!! but isabelle delobel skated in the 2010 olympics after her son was born ( was he like 6 months?)
    Katya and Sergei went pro in 1991, Daria was born in 1992, but then they returned to win 1994 Olympics (it was allowed then).
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Can't think of any active skaters except Ladwig - most of them are either young or wouldn't want to end/take a break from their careers. Among retired skaters, other than those already mentioned, Artur Dimitriev Jr. was born in 1992, so obviously during his father's eligible career.

Pairs skater only? No ice dancers? Because I can think of several ice dancers who had kids while in eligible skating (and among active skaters, Dimitri Soloviev has a son).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Can't think of any active skaters except Ladwig - most of them are either young or wouldn't want to end/take a break from their careers.
    Actually no senior pairs guy would have to take a break from their career to have a baby and they are all old enough to father a child

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Actually no senior pairs guy would have to take a break from their career to have a baby and they are all old enough to father a child
    I could have phrased it in a way that made it clear what was in reference to the men and what to the ladies, but I trusted in the intelligence of the readers.

While I'm sure all the male senior pairs skaters are biologically old enough to have children, that's not the same thing is being ready to have children.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Kristy Sargeant has a kid, but I think it was with someone else other than Kris Wirtz. It seems like both partners raise her though.
    Kristy had a second child with Kris, the child would be at least five now.

And Sale and Pelletier have a child, a boy - they brought the baby on ice during Canadians in Vancouver in 08 (think 08?) when they were inducted into the Hall of Fame. Sale was raving about how great a dad David was. . .this was before the split, of course.

vCash
    Smirnov.
    and why isn't in in a trash can?

vCash
    Peggy Schwarz had a kid an then continued competig. Also her partner Mirko Mueller had a kid when he competed with another pair in 2002. I remember seeing the kid and Mirko´s beautiful wife Diana Goolsbee, in Lausanne 2002. The baby was adorable.
    (So was Mirko).

vCash
    Barb Underhill had twins (after competing) and as I recall one drowned in a swimming pool. There is a foundation in the baby's (Stephanie) name.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Larisa Selezneva and Oleg Makarov, 1984 Olympic Pairs bronze medalists from the Soviet Union, are the parents of Ksenia Makarova, 2010 Russian National ladies champion and Olympian, and a son, Aleksey.

Here's an article about Ksenia before the 2010 Olympics: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/010810.shtml

vCash
    Christine Hough also had twins (after competing).
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Soloviev

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Peggy Schwarz had a kid an then continued competig. Also her partner Mirko Mueller had a kid when he competed with another pair in 2002. I remember seeing the kid and Mirko´s beautiful wife Diana Goolsbee, in Lausanne 2002. The baby was adorable.
    (So was Mirko).
    Wow, I didn't know that Mirko Mueller had another partner after Peggy..

vCash
    Irina Rodnina took 1979 off to have a baby. This made way for Tai and Randy to win Worlds. Tai Babilonia had a son quite a few years later.

Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval got married and have a daughter. They've skated some exhibitions with her.

vCash
    Jenni Meno and Todd Sand have two boys.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval (long after they each finished competing).
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast