vCash

Adam Rippon news & latest journal entry

Rippon summarizes his season and mentions new choreographers in his May 12, 2011 journal: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/adamrippon/blog.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Rippon summarizes his season and mentions new choreographers in his May 12, 2011 journal: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/adamrippon/blog.html
    Thanks, Sylvia. It sounds like the biggest problem for Adam the past few months has been a disruption in training.

vCash
    That's why for this season I'll be working with Shae-Lynn Bourne on my short program and Pasquale Camerlengo on my long program.
    Hoping for some great programs.
    Thank you Sylvia.

vCash
    He sounds like such a nice guy! I'm looking forward to seeing what Shae-lynn does for him - should be exciting.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Hoping for only good things from and for Adam. Thrilled re: Shae and Camerlengo..Go, Adam!

vCash
    Thank you! Sounds like Adam is in a good place, and I am very happy he is trying different choreographic styles (and happy about the choreographers he chose!). Looking forward to seeing his new programs.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Quadless
    vCash
    Excellent choices! I hope this will work out better for him than this past season did.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Good choices for choreographers, and wishing him all the best for next season.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    He sounds like a very sweet person. I'm so excited for him!!! Excellent choices for choreographers.

vCash
    Great choices for choreographers, I'm very excited to see his new programs. Go Adam!

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia. Adam sounds upbeat and confident with his coaching change, I like that. Can't wait to see his new programs.

vCash
    the skater with amazing hair who is totally awesome (or so I've heard).

I think S-L Bourne & Camerlengo should be great, too. I was thinking just the other day, "what if Alissa Czisny had a program done by Shae-Lynn?" That could be interesting and a good stretch for her.

vCash
    Camerlengo is a brilliant choice. (Not so sure about Shae, though.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Hoping for only good things from and for Adam. Thrilled re: Shae and Camerlengo..Go, Adam!
    You spoke for me!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Camerlengo is a brilliant choice. (Not so sure about Shae, though.)
    Why? She's been choreographing programs for skaters for more than four(?) years now and has put some wonderful stuff out there. Pang and Tong's LP and Jeremy Abbott's SP last Season/2010 comes to mind. However, the biggest difference she's had in a skater came w/Kevin Reynolds the last two Seasons.

She's turned him into a reasonably good musical skater. Kevin's not there yet, but Shae's done wonders w/him so far and I really hope she's doing his programs for this Season too. Pity about the injuries, as I would have *loved* to have seen him skate his LP from this past Season the way it was intended to be skated.

Nope!! I'm not worried in the slightest and it's a great choice by Adam. Really looking forward to seeing what he and Pasquale and Shae come up w/for Adam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Why? She's been choreographing programs for skaters for more than four(?) years now and has put some wonderful stuff out there. Pang and Tong's LP and Jeremy Abbott's SP last Season/2010 comes to mind. However, the biggest difference she's had in a skater came w/Kevin Reynolds the last two Seasons.

She's turned him into a reasonably good musical skater. Kevin's not there yet, but Shae's done wonders w/him so far and I really hope she's doing his programs for this Season too. Pity about the injuries, as I would have *loved* to have seen him skate his LP from this past Season the way it was intended to be skated.

Nope!! I'm not worried in the slightest and it's a great choice by Adam. Really looking forward to seeing what he and Pasquale and Shae come up w/for Adam.
    Well, considering the Kevin-Reynolds-part of her work I thought her strength is giving skaters with no feeling for music at all programs that they feel comfortable with and which make them "act" musical without being it. (You cannot give a person a real feeling for music when nature is against it, IMO.) This is a quality Adam doesn't need because he is a naturally musical skater, and one of the best. I didn't think about her work for Abbott when I wrote my post though, so maybe I am wrong.

vCash
    I found this story from the Nationals (after the sp) very interesting:

"On my way to practice the next day, I sat down and talked with 2010 Olympic Champion, Evan Lysacek. He helped me to put the whole situation into perspective. I walked away from our conversation knowing I could do one of two things when I had a future opportunity to look back at this competition; block it out and pretend it never happened or I could remember how strongly I came back in the long program. I was determined to do the latter. In the end, I did come back strong with a program I fought for."