Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by footwork View Post
    My Prediction for the new season,

New Teams: Madison Chock / Evan Bates

Aren't Samuelson/Bates listed as registered for Lake Placid on another FSU thread?

vCash

do you have ?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash

Samuelson and Bates are one of my favorite teams. Why would you think they are splitting? And doesn't Madison Chock already have a new partner?

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Samuelson and Bates are one of my favorite teams. Why would you think they are splitting? And doesn't Madison Chock already have a new partner?
    Footwork always seems to know something that others don't, but it would be really depressing to find out S/B split and Evan has teamed up already. He was the one that was injured, right? And Emily sat out last season and waited for him.

Who did you think Chock was already partnered with?

vCash

Piper Gilles / Keiffer Hubble

that would be sad for me because i like S/B way more than C/Z. what do you foresee for emily samuelson then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Conga View Post
    Footwork always seems to know something that others don't, but it would be really depressing to find out S/B split and Evan has teamed up already. He was the one that was injured, right? And Emily sat out last season and waited for him.

Who did you think Chock was already partnered with?
    My bad! I was thinking of Madison Hubbell.

Yes, he was the one that was injured and she has been waiting on his injury to heal.

vCash
    Are you kidding me? This is crazy, Keiffer is going to skate with the former partner of his sister's new partner!! Gilles used to skate with Donahue! Can't wait to see more drama on and off ice....

vCash
    Man if S/B splits and it was Evan's decision I expect more craziness to ensue than the Y/C pairs split. Emily sat out a season for him instead of finding a new partner! If he then came back and left her, that's evil.

(Plus I love S/B, so I hope it's not true.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Man if S/B splits and it was Evan's decision I expect more craziness to ensue than the Y/C pairs split. Emily sat out a season for him instead of finding a new partner! If he then came back and left her, that's evil.

(Plus I love S/B, so I hope it's not true.)
    I was just about to post this exact sentiment. Emily wasted an entire year (she is in her absolute competitive prime) waiting for him to heal from a very, very serious injury. John Coughlin will look like an angel compared to Evan.

I'm definitely hoping it's not true.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I'm sorry anything may be true so everyone should say whatever they want.

Carrry on.
    Last edited by BlueRidge; 06-17-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I though Keiffer was retiring to focus on school and to coach? Is this just conjecture?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I'm sorry anything may be true so everyone should say whatever they want.

Carrry on.
    Wow- I thought what you said was fine...

And I don't think anyone is actually judging yet. Just saying that if the rumor is confirmed he is not going to come off well in this.

vCash

Piper Gilles / Keiffer Hubble
    Heard (but very unreliably) Tobias/Stagniunas are done, too, so we could have hopes for Chock/Stagniunas great pairing.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Tobias has some of the most beautiful extension, posture, and toe-point from her top-notch ballet training, but I'm not sure she would have caught up with her blades.

If Chock were willing to skate for Lithuania, she could bypass the fight for the third US spot with a new partner, but if he's been in the US long enough to quality for US citizenship and has a green card, he might come over to the dark side.

From what I can find, the terms for standard dual citizenship wouldn't apply to Chock -- the 2008 dual citizenship law was limited -- nor would the standard terms for naturalization (language, residency, etc.), but they government could grant an exception. That's for the Olympics only.

In any case, they'd have to take a year off for one to switch countries. It's hard to imagine that she'd want to do that. They'd look great together, though.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    If Chock were willing to skate for Lithuania, she could bypass the fight for the third US spot with a new partner, but if he's been in the US long enough to quality for US citizenship and has a green card, he might come over to the dark side.

From what I can find, the terms for standard dual citizenship wouldn't apply to Chock -- the 2008 dual citizenship law was limited -- nor would the standard terms for naturalization (language, residency, etc.), but they government could grant an exception. That's for the Olympics only.
    Katherine Copely, his previous (American) partner, was unable to get LTU citizenship in time for the Olys, and I think they'd skated together for 3 years (or maybe just 2?). IIRC, the sticking point was that she was not living in Lithuania. And I don't believe there was another dance team, so Lith just forfeited its Oly spot. So it would appear that unless the Lith gov't has changed its policies, or Chock/Stag move there to train, which seems unlikely, then I don't think a Chock/Stag partnership is going to happen. And I agree, they would make a good pair. Not to bash Tobias, but let's be honest - her skating ability is nowhere near Chock's.

vCash
    What would happen if Chock and Stagniunas got married?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    What would happen if Chock and Stagniunas got married?
    Chock is 18 (almost 19). She's too young to get married.

But in that scenario, I *think* what could happen is he would be eligible for U.S. citizenship faster, but I'm not sure it could be done by the next Olys. Especially with the current, post-9/11 backlog in the INS/Homeland Security.

vCash
    What about Lithuania?

vCash
    If this Samuelson/Chock stuff ends up being true, this'll be the most shocking ice dance season ever. I'd like to see Chock team up with Stagniunas though and represent the US. It'd work well since they're already dating!

EDIT: I meant Chock/BATES, sorry!
    Last edited by blue_idealist; 06-18-2011 at 08:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    If this Samuelson/Chock stuff ends up being true, this'll be the most shocking ice dance season ever. I'd like to see Chock team up with Stagniunas though and represent the US. It'd work well since they're already dating!
    I'm not sure if you meant Chock/Bates or Samuelson/Chock. I agree Samuelson/Chock would be shocking, but man, I would enjoy watching that team.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast