Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Wow, I did not realize Madison was so tall. Looking forward to seeing the new team.
    I'm really glad I got to see the Hubbells live in Greensboro. In part because of their height, they were really striking on the ice. They had a great presence. I'm hoping that Madison can bring that to her new partnership.

I think we have an embarassment of riches right now. I think Shibs are clearly #2, but we have three great teams vying for #3. I thought Chock & Zuerlein really came on strong this season. And I was so impressed with Lynn & Logan at Nationals. And of course S&B. Its so much to look forward to.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I think we have an embarassment of riches right now. I think Shibs are clearly #2, but we have three great teams vying for #3. I thought Chock & Zuerlein really came on strong this season. And I was so impressed with Lynn & Logan at Nationals. And of course S&B. Its so much to look forward to.
    Who would've thought dance would be the deepest (and IMO strongest) discipline for the US? I love it!

vCash
    ...I think we have an embarassment of riches right now.......
    I just wish that this embarrassment of riches would transfer over to the other 3 disciplines soon

vCash
    Well the men are rebuilding so it might take another year or two but they will be back and Pairs well the less said about that the better. The Ladies are perplexing there is so much talent and depth but either they aren't consistent like Mirai or just aren't good enough like Rachael.

vCash
    There are currently 9 JGP age-eligible dance teams listed in the International Selection Pool (ISP) -- 2011 Nationals placement is included below (US has 14 JGP slots):

* denotes previous JGP experience

*Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton (J5)
    *Lauri Bonacorsi & Travis Mager (J2)
    *Danielle Gamelin & Alexander Gamelin (J7)
    Kaitlin Hawayek & Michael Bramante (N3)
    Madeline Heritage & Nathaniel Fast (J8)
    Jessica Mancini & Tyler Brooks (N2)
    Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons (N1)
    Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis (N4)
    *Joylyn Yang & Jean-Luc Baker (J6)

vCash
    Yang & Baker were really charming in Greensboro, especially in the SD. Are they staying with Jean-Luc's parents for coaches? Also, I see he was born in England. Is there any chance they could skate for Great Britain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Yang & Baker were really charming in Greensboro, especially in the SD. Are they staying with Jean-Luc's parents for coaches? Also, I see he was born in England. Is there any chance they could skate for Great Britain?
    Yang and Baker are my favorite up and coming dance team. They caught my attention as novices and I loved their SD this season. I hope they continue have unusual music choices!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I'm really glad I got to see the Hubbells live in Greensboro. In part because of their height, they were really striking on the ice. They had a great presence. I'm hoping that Madison can bring that to her new partnership.
    They are also extremely nice people. It's been several years now since I've seen them in person, but I'll always remember with fondness talking with Keiffer about his love of animals back when he was early high school age. I wish both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

vCash
    Here's an exhibition number performed by Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt at the Cleveland Skating Club's show on May 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bw78Hl9ARk

vCash
    Posted on a wrong thread so deleted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Who would've thought dance would be the deepest (and IMO strongest) discipline for the US? I love it!
    And US pairs the weakest... Can Igor coach pairs?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    The pairs have it much tougher than the dance since the U.S dancers are also fortunate the European dancers are incredibly weak right now, the worst ever European dancer teams by a long ways. Granted Davis & White are outstanding technically and would do very well in any era, but a team like the Shibutanis would never medal in their first Worlds in a past year, they wouldnt even be close. By contrast the pairs is insanely strong at the top with the Russians, Germans, and Chinese pairs.

vCash
    I was at the "Torvill & Dean and the Russian All-Stars" show the stop before Igor defected. When he ended up in Detroit, our club would hire him to partner dance tests for him to get some $. I passed the Killian and Paso with him. For the record - I've never skated so fast in my life...I was terrified and actually went airborne on the Killian choctaw and passed by all three judges. Who knew back then what would become such a dynasty? And now his daughter is Intermediate Ladies champ?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Yang & Baker were really charming in Greensboro, especially in the SD.
    She has such precise feet - I was quite impressed.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    is a pity that hubbels end their partnership, I liked their programs and both looked so confident on the ice.

well i think that someday they would end their partnership due to they are brother and sister and in a moment they would need to split for do their skating career , I wish all the best for both and I hope that kieffer decide continues on ice dancing.

vCash
    We really do have an embarrassment of riches in US ice dance. Everyone knows I'm an uberfan for Davis/White so I have no problem with who I want #1 but after that, they are all so amazing it's hard to choose! After years of being an ice dance fan, it's so nice to have so many great teams to watch, and not just US teams, either. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate what CoP has done for ice dance. I know some fans on here disagree but I didn't really enjoy all the voidy dramafest that ice dance became in the 90s when it became impossible to tell objectively which team was better than another. It was all a matter of taste. Which is probably why I liked teams like Bourne/Kraatz and Wynne/Druar because they had entertaining programs, imo.

Anyway, I am glad to see ice dance evolve as it has.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's an exhibition number performed by Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt at the Cleveland Skating Club's show on May 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bw78Hl9ARk
    Thank you so much ! i loved them at nationals, and this exhib is fun.

another view not sure it is same performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHMrt...eature=related

vCash
    I wonder if the Shibutani's will suffer from a little backlash internationally next season after rising so quickly - a little bit like what happened to Chait/Saknovsky several years ago. I realize the new scoring system will limit the backlash, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a little bit lower results in the upcoming season. I still think they will be No. 2 in the US.

This is all assuming they don't have any health or injury problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    wtf?

They had just come off a bronze medal at US Nats (not silver only because B&A were back), a decent finish at the Olympics, and an improved placement at Worlds. Even though they didn't do quite as well on the GP as they did the year before (which could have something to do with the competition at the particular events), how on any planet could anyone describe that as being "on the way down"?
    Their improved finish at Worlds was only due to the retirements of multiple teams after the Olympics. They were passed from the previous years Worlds by multiple teams such as Crone & Poirier, Bobrova & Soloviev, and the Zaretskis. And at the Olympics they finished 3 spots lower than the 2009 Worlds. So yes they were a bit on the way down even before the injury, at the very least in no way were they on the ascent that season.

Regardless I gaurantee they wont be fighting with the the reigning World bronze medalists the Shibutanis next year. Maybe the season after if they have a stellar comeback. They will be happy if they can be the 3rd U.S team and even make it to Worlds next season.

vCash
    Clearly, S&B need to do Nebelhorn or Finlandia or both this year.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast