Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Zach Donohue consistently cracks me up in the pictures he poses for. It's very cologne-model chic, like he trying VERY HARD to look effortlessly sexy.
    I didn't know who he was, but your description made it easy to pick him out in a line-up. He and Andrew Poje look remarkably similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I didn't know who he was, but your description made it easy to pick him out in a line-up. He and Andrew Poje look remarkably similar.
    Well, I think that could be a GOOD thing!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I think that team looks very hot together. I can't wait to see how they do in Lake Placid!
    Same! I'd always been a fan of Madison, and Zach caught my eye while he was skating with Piper- When I saw the picture of them on icenetwork, it looked totally natural; they just look like they belong skating together. A very good looking team, and I can't wait for Lake Placid footage! (hopefully lol)

I was a bigger fan of the Hubbells than I ever was of the Shibutanis (who I do actually like), so I can't wait to see how this new partnership works!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I started a new thread in GSD: Article on new US dance team of Madison Hubbell & Zach Donohue

ice-dance.com's Lake Placid IDC event site link is posted in the LPIDC thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79078
    For those without Kiss and Cry access, here's the link: http://lpidc.ice-dance.com/2011/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-28-2011 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Zach Donohue consistently cracks me up in the pictures he poses for. It's very cologne-model chic, like he trying VERY HARD to look effortlessly sexy.

Still laughing---I keep thinking Old Spice and a desert island commercial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer2 View Post
    Well, I think that could be a GOOD thing!!
    Agreed. Check out icenetwork's front page and you'll see another demonstration of just how much they resemble each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Agreed. Check out icenetwork's front page and you'll see another demonstration of just how much they resemble each other.
    WOW!! Scary, but awesome!! And from some of the comments coming in, they are looking good at Lake Placid.

Hope we get to see some video!!

vCash
    They look great together ..best of luck to them.

And yoo-hoo , Pasquale, Massimo , Anjelika..and maybe Shae.. how about a character show piece featuring those 2 tall dark men and 2 smashing blondes...sort of a comedy of mistaken identity a la Midsummer's Night Dream..They'd all look good in the costumes from the era of Frederick Ashton's "The Dream ' ( or costumes of any era ,for that matter )...I'll be waiting...

vCash
    Are Chock/Bates competing anywhere this summer/fall? I thought it was strange that they didn't show up at Lake Placid or Skate Detroit, even if that meant showing up with very rough programs. I'm assuming we won't see them on the GP.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Chock/Bates are scheduled to debut their programs on the Onyx Challenge in Rochester, Michigan next week. Their free dance is set to a jazzy version of "Chopin's Prelude in e minor," according to the recent Icenetwork article on the Canton dance teams. Bates also mentioned in the article that they are hoping for a Senior B assignment and to be considered for the TBA spot at Skate America.

vCash
    I believe Chock/Bates are first in line for the newly opened spot at Skate Canada. Because she finished top 12 at Worlds last season, I don't think they need a minimum qualifying score together. They would automatically qualify under the new GP rules (although there are some contradictions within the rules, so I'm not 100% on that).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I believe Chock/Bates are first in line for the newly opened spot at Skate Canada. Because she finished top 12 at Worlds last season, I don't think they need a minimum qualifying score together. They would automatically qualify under the new GP rules (although there are some contradictions within the rules, so I'm not 100% on that).
    What newly opened spot at Skate Canada?

vCash
    What newly opened spot at Skate Canada?
    M/N of CZE are out, so the spot is now open

vCash
    Has Samuelson found a partner yet? I really liked her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Has Samuelson found a partner yet? I really liked her.
    Not yet, AFAIK.

vCash
    I saw that Yang/Baker didn't skate at Lake Placid b/c of injury. Does anyone know if they are healthy again?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Oddly, the rules are straightforward for Chock/Bates for Skate Canada, since Chock was top 12 last season, which covers all of the contradictions in timing (last season, last two seasons, no timeframe), and split couples don't need a minimum score as replacement skaters.

The contradictions come in if they were given a TBD spot at Skate America, because the initial selections need a minimum score or top 75 placement last year, and the TBD spots held by a host may count as initial selections, but a replacement does not. If C/B were given a replacement spot at SA, then USFS would have to relinquish the TBD, since they can't have four teams from the US.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The contradictions come in if they were given a TBD spot at Skate America, because the initial selections need a minimum score or top 75 placement last year, and the TBD spots held by a host may count as initial selections, but a replacement does not. If C/B were given a replacement spot at SA, then USFS would have to relinquish the TBD, since they can't have four teams from the US.
    So does this mean that C/B could end up with SA and SC?

vCash
    I have heard that Emily Samuelson will have a few try-outs this month. With whom, I have no idea, but I would love to know if anyone has heard/seen anything.

Does anyone know if she stayed with her current coaches Igor/Marina or has she changed coaches?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Conga View Post
    So does this mean that C/B could end up with SA and SC?
    The way the GP announcement was written literally, comeback skaters (not using their one-time comeback guarantee of two) and split teams are first on the list, but only top 24 SB and WS with one get a second before any more spots are assigned. (They're already guaranteed one, and many already have a second in the initial selections.) C/B are probably first on the alternates list, unless there is a comeback surprise, but after they are assigned to SC to replace Mysliveckova/Novak, the next assignments go to the 11 top 24 SB and WS with one assignment.

The way that USFS could get C/B two, assuming they get SC, is to either assign them to SA as a provisional TBD, like Hubbell/Donahue, using a Fall senior B to get a minimum score, or to use them as an alternate for one of the assigned USA spots, for which they don't need a minimum score.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast