Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 329
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,328
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2662
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    What i'm really hoping for is that K/G-S can get the 3rd spot to Worlds next year, long shot, but fingers crossed!

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ulro
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    What i'm really hoping for is that K/G-S can get the 3rd spot to Worlds next year, long shot, but fingers crossed!
    That'd be wonderful.

  3. #103
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,326
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17143
    Tweeted on May 26: http://twitter.com/lynn_logan_usa/st...95761359798272
    Excited about next season! Our programs are coming together quite nicely!
    They also tweeted that their coach, Yuri Chesnichenko, was married yesterday.

  4. #104

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5125
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I haven't seen Stagniunas on ice partner search. Is he even available?
    He skates with Isabella Tobias, but she's far below his level. He's 26 and it would be a pity if he wasted his career waiting and hoping for Tobias to improve. JMHO.

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Back to skating!
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,412
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    He skates with Isabella Tobias, but she's far below his level. He's 26 and it would be a pity if he wasted his career waiting and hoping for Tobias to improve. JMHO.
    I agree. He really look embarrased in the KnC this season. (At least that was my interpretation).
    I wonder if he is getting paid to skate with her and it is more a job for him. (Nothing bad in there, people have to live.) Otherwise I have no idea why he would skate with someone that far below his level. It will take years and years for her to catch up -if ever.

  6. #106
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,326
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17143
    The Chesapeake Open club competition in Laurel, Maryland will have Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice and Junior dance events June 24-25, 2011.

    Here are the entries for the Junior Free Dance:
    Amanda Bertsch & Sam Kaplun (Ann Arbor FSC & All Year FSC)
    Sarah Coward & Avidan Brown (Great Britain) - new
    Cassandra Jeandell & Damian Dodge N10 (Univ. of Del. FSC & Peninsula FSC)
    Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter J9 (Peninsula FSC & Washington FSC)
    Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons N1 (Washington FSC)
    Danvi Pham & Vu Pham (Washington FSC) - qualified for but WD from 2011 Nationals in Jr.
    Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis N4 (Washington FSC & Peninsula FSC)
    Ramona Wright & Nicholas Taylor (St. Moritz FSC & SC of Wilmington) - new

    2 Novice teams from 2011 Nationals, Morgan Grant & Luke Skala N7 and Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber N8, are listed for the Chesapeake Novice Dance events. Whitney Miller & Kyle MacMillan are a new Novice team (Miller was 2nd in Intermediate Dance last season with her previous partner, while MacMillan won the 2009 Juvenile and 2010 Intermediate Dance titles with his previous partner, Rachel Parsons.).

    Juvenile-Junior dance roster as of 5/28 can be viewed at: http://www.baltimorefigureskatingclu...etitorList.pdf
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2011 at 09:36 PM.

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,207
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    52
    ^Thanks (as always) Sylvia for posting this.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  8. #108

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    651
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The Chesapeake Open club competition in Laurel, Maryland will have Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice and Junior dance events June 24-25, 2011.

    Here are the entries for the Junior Free Dance:
    Amanda Bertsch & Sam Kaplun (Ann Arbor FSC & All Year FSC)
    Sarah Coward & Avidan Brown (Great Britain) - new
    Cassandra Jeandell & Damian Dodge N10 (Univ. of Del. FSC & Peninsula FSC)
    Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter J9 (Peninsula FSC & Washington FSC)
    Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons N1 (Washington FSC)
    Danvi Pham & Vu Pham (Washington FSC) - qualified for but WD from 2011 Nationals in Jr.
    Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis N4 (Washington FSC & Peninsula FSC)
    Ramona Wright & Nicholas Taylor (St. Moritz FSC & SC of Wilmington) - new

    2 Novice teams from 2011 Nationals, Morgan Grant & Luke Skala N7 and Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber N8, are listed for the Chesapeake Novice Dance events. Whitney Miller & Kyle MacMillan are a new Novice team (Miller was 2nd in Intermediate Dance last season with her previous partner, while MacMillan won the 2009 Juvenile and 2010 Intermediate Dance titles with his previous partner, Rachel Parsons.).

    Juvenile-Junior dance roster as of 5/28 can be viewed at: http://www.baltimorefigureskatingclu...etitorList.pdf
    Where are Kyle MacMillan and Whitney Miller training?

  9. #109
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,326
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17143
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    Where are Kyle MacMillan and Whitney Miller training?
    I believe in Wheaton, Maryland with coaches Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak and Dmytri Ilin (McNamara/Carpenter, Parsons/Parsons, and Pogrebinsky/Gudis are their Junior teams).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2011 at 11:46 PM.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,290
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    5734
    And who are the Phams training with?

  11. #111

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,971
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1891
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    And who are the Phams training with?
    To the best of my knowledge, they are working with Greg Maddalone and Genrikh and Julia Sretenski at The Gardens in Laurel, MD, along with Grant/Skala. And I believe they also work a little with Robbie Kaine.

  12. #112

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in the zone!!!
    Posts
    5,513
    vCash
    1654
    Rep Power
    2541
    Madison has a partner. I saw them practicing at DSC. I wish I could remember who it was. They looked great!
    softball

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Madison has a partner. I saw them practicing at DSC. I wish I could remember who it was. They looked great!
    Are you talking about Madison Chock or Madison Hubbell? I believe earlier in this thread it was stated that Madison Hubbell is skating with Zach Donohue, at the DSC w/Camerlengo and Krylova. But thanks for the news that they are looking great. Did you happen to know what music they are using this year?

  14. #114
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,218
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19208
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    The ice dance version of the rhumba is nothing like the floor/dancesport rhumba. The ice dance one is knd of perky and moves quickly. So the sibling squick factor wouldn't be an issue for this CD/SD.

    ETA: link of Meryl & Charlie doing the rhumba CD back in 2007.
    Or as one of the two Eurosport commentators said during V/M's CD, it's all about deep edges, and there are only 16 steps to glide down the rink. It could be the camerawork, but V/M look like they are getting excellent glide. These are things at which the Shibutanis excel.

    Even Denkova/Staviyski's and Dubreuil/Lauzon's hips aren't really close together, and the couples never look at one another. I suspect Maia Shibutani will wear more clothes than Jana Khoklova. The couple with the closest feet and hips is Delobel/Schoenfelder; they give the dance a suggestive lilt, and Moiseva/Minenkov's feet (from 1981) are right on top of each other.

    I think people are thinking of Torvill/Dean's OD when they think Rhumba :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19CYCcmA2Y0

    ETA:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I agree. He really look embarrased in the KnC this season. (At least that was my interpretation).
    I wonder if he is getting paid to skate with her and it is more a job for him. (Nothing bad in there, people have to live.) Otherwise I have no idea why he would skate with someone that far below his level. It will take years and years for her to catch up -if ever.
    Denkova/Stavisky teamed up after the 1996 season, and she was very far behind him when they teamed up. Five years later, they were 8th at Euros, 10th at Worlds, and a year later, they were 7th at the Olympics and 5th at Worlds. Skating for Bulgaria or Lithuania means getting to go to all of the championships and lots of experience. It may seem laughable to compare Tobias to Denkova, but that could be in hindsight, since there wasn't much of the 2001 Denkova in 1996.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 05-31-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is Isabella Tobias really that bad?

  16. #116

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    651
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The Chesapeake Open club competition in Laurel, Maryland will have Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice and Junior dance events June 24-25, 2011.

    Here are the entries for the Junior Free Dance:
    Amanda Bertsch & Sam Kaplun (Ann Arbor FSC & All Year FSC)
    Sarah Coward & Avidan Brown (Great Britain) - new
    Cassandra Jeandell & Damian Dodge N10 (Univ. of Del. FSC & Peninsula FSC)
    Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter J9 (Peninsula FSC & Washington FSC)
    Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons N1 (Washington FSC)
    Danvi Pham & Vu Pham (Washington FSC) - qualified for but WD from 2011 Nationals in Jr.
    Elliana Pogrebinsky & Ross Gudis N4 (Washington FSC & Peninsula FSC)
    Ramona Wright & Nicholas Taylor (St. Moritz FSC & SC of Wilmington) - new

    2 Novice teams from 2011 Nationals, Morgan Grant & Luke Skala N7 and Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber N8, are listed for the Chesapeake Novice Dance events. Whitney Miller & Kyle MacMillan are a new Novice team (Miller was 2nd in Intermediate Dance last season with her previous partner, while MacMillan won the 2009 Juvenile and 2010 Intermediate Dance titles with his previous partner, Rachel Parsons.).

    Juvenile-Junior dance roster as of 5/28 can be viewed at: http://www.baltimorefigureskatingclu...etitorList.pdf

    I don't live very far from Laurel. Is the event open to the public?

  17. #117

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,971
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1891
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    I don't live very far from Laurel. Is the event open to the public?
    Yes, it is. And it's free. However, the IJS events are held in the Oly-sized rink, which does not have spectator seating. You're welcome to come, but you will need to stand....unless you can grab a seat at the counter in the snack bar area in front of the window that looks out to the rink, but you won't be able to hear the music.

    We would like to use the NHL rink (which has bleachers) for the IJS events, but that rink gets put down for the summer. The back rink, that we use for 6.0 events, does have some bleacher seating, but the setup along the back of the rink does not lend itself to IJS (i.e. not enough room for 2 long tables, plus the computer system).

    The comp schedule should be up on the club website soon.

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Whitney Miller & Kyle MacMillan are a new Novice team (Miller was 2nd in Intermediate Dance last season with her previous partner, while MacMillan won the 2009 Juvenile and 2010 Intermediate Dance titles with his previous partner, Rachel Parsons.).
    I'm glad MacMillan found a new partner and I remember Miller (and Lorello) having a ton of personality. I'm not about to get excited about a novice dance team, but based on results with past partners this could be a pretty strong novice team this year.

  19. #119

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    I don't live very far from Laurel. Is the event open to the public?
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Yes, it is. And it's free. However, the IJS events are held in the Oly-sized rink, which does not have spectator seating. You're welcome to come, but you will need to stand....unless you can grab a seat at the counter in the snack bar area in front of the window that looks out to the rink, but you won't be able to hear the music.
    OrioleBeagle, if this would be your first local skating competition, you should know that the rink will probably be quite cold. When I attend summer comps, I dress in layers and usually don't remove any of them unless there are a lot of spectators. Liberty, for example, gets crowded enough toward the end of the week that it warms up quite a bit. Still not like attending Nationals, though.

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ulro
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Dean Copely just tweeted that he and Charlotte Lichtman passed their gold dance tests. It's going to be interesting to see where they fit in next year. I loved their Beetlejuice FD.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •