Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,014 of 1014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    They've been skating together for a few weeks now. I had a chance to talk to Nick Anderson about it yesterday, and it sounds like the plan is for them to commit to this season.
    I hope things work out for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    If Takahasi/Tran can make it to the WORLD PODIUM without any sbs jumping consistency, I think USFS should put a lot more eggs in the Donlan/Speroff basket. If they don't at least get Skate America this year (yes, I know summer competitions matter), I'll be pissed.
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    They've been skating together for a few weeks now. I had a chance to talk to Nick Anderson about it yesterday, and it sounds like the plan is for them to commit to this season. This is a solid situation for Cassie as she will start college on significant scholarship at IUPUI (Indiana University / Purdue University's large joint-campus less than a mile from the rink), and Nick has been through quite a few tryouts last season and before, and no one has "clicked."
    Thanks for the information on Andrews/Anderson re-teaming, Rochelle! I assume there is enough interest for another US Pairs news/updates discussion thread in GSD to carry us through the off-season?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I Hope things work out for Cassie and Nick, although I am not sure Nick is a particularly strong skater, I thought that was one of the reasons they split to start with as Nick doesnt really have very strong jumps.

vCash
    I've heard about possibly Poapst/ Reiss ....

vCash
    considering she listed herself on IPS that is totally false. I know for a fact that AJ and Jessica are happily skating together.

vCash
    Pulaski73....
    Not sure about the totally false thing.people have listed or not listed on IPS for many reasons other than they are looking for a partner. It is usually not that simple although that would be nice.....

and I think the only thing we know for a fact in pairs is that we know nothing for a fact unless you are that person...so who knows....unless of course you are AJ or Andrea or Jessica??? in which case you would know...will be interesting to find out where things land anyway....

totally false, happily skating together,I know for a fact.....famous last words will be interesting to see anyway....US Pairs is anything but boring that is for sure!

vCash
    Who do you all think is the best current pair? IM SO CONFUSED....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Who do you all think is the best current pair? IM SO CONFUSED....
    Current National Ranking:

Denney/Coughlin
    Marley/Brubaker
    Donlan/Speroff
    Castelli/Shnapir
    Zhang/Bartholomay

Barring huge disaster, Denney/Coughlin will repeat as National Champs in 2013

vCash
    In U.S. pairs, Denney/ Coughlin and Marley/ Brubaker are current one/ two top U.S. pairs teams (that's how they finished at Nats, plus they both also competed well at 4CCs and Worlds this year). Obviously #3 U.S. Nats team this year has split up.

I also think Donlan/ Speroff and Castelli/ Schnapir are considered among the top U.S. pairs teams evidenced by their placement at Nats this year. Donlan/ Speroff could be World contenders if they are ever able to match technical (jumping ability) with their wonderful artistry and musical interpretation.

Of the newly formed teams, I think Davis/ Ladwig and Yankowskas/ Reagan are expected to do well, due to the experience and competitive success of one partner in each of these two teams.

I believe this was formerly the latest update -- obviously Davis/ Ladwig have now been confirmed:

U.S. Pairs

Senior teams currently listed in the 2012-13 ISP:
    Caydee Denney & John Coughlin S1
    Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker S2
    Gretchen Donlan & Andrew Speroff S4
    Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir S5
    Felicia Zhang & Nathan Bartholomay S8
    Tiffany Vise & Don Baldwin S9

Planning to move/test up to Senior in the US:
    Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier J1
    Kylie Duarte & Colin Grafton J3

Confirmed/Announced (in articles) as new Senior teams:
    Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan
    Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth (she needs to test up)
    Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea (both are testing up)

To be confirmed/announced:
    Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig (confirmed)
    Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim (training in Colorado Springs, I've heard)

Oh, I see you beat me to the response to bobbys, carriemarie --

vCash
    New thread in GSD about Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig (article published today): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83551

We're over 1000 posts so time to start a new US Pairs thread for 2012-13.
    ETA: Here's the link to the new thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83558
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

vCash
    ^^ REMINDER: Sylvia has linked a new thread where you might want to post the above vids UDelpairs2012, since this thread is now over 1,000 posts.

A lovely pair with good spins, spirals and presentation. They look promising, but obviously need to work on better height and execution of their throw 2-twist and develop more speed and stronger jumps. Did they compete at U.S. Nats in novice or juniors?
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-05-2012 at 02:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UDelpairs2012 View Post
    Videos on youtube of B/J at the Youth Olympics
    Thanks for posting these home vids! For those who don't know, B/J = Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson who made their international debut at the Youth Olympics this past January (2011-12 season). They scored 38.63 (SP), 70.96 (FS), 109.61 (Total, 4th place of 5 teams).

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Did they compete at U.S. Nats in novice or juniors?
    Belt/Johnson were 5th in Junior at Eastern Sectionals (1st alternate to 2012 Nationals). They were the 2011 U.S. Intermediate silver medalists and skipped the Novice level in order to be eligible to be considered for the Youth Olympics this season. They are coached by Christopher Pottenger, a former junior international competitor in pairs.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-05-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: to add more info

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051