Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pairsis View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that she has teamed up with Nathan Bartholomay
    So have I. Zhang/Bartholomay have registered for Liberty but it's not yet known if they will be ready to debut their Senior Pairs short program there or not.

I've heard that the new Junior team of Christine Mozer/Danny O'Shea will not be at Liberty after all, but hopefully they will be ready to compete at Indy Challenge, which is 2 weeks later.

vCash
    Any news on Taylor Toth?

vCash
    I don't know if Taylor Toth is actively searching for a partner right now, but Melissa Bulanhagui tweeted this off ice photo of them the day they skated a pairs show number in Bethlehem, PA this past Thursday (she mentioned she landed her throw double loop): http://yfrog.com/h21xiswj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I don't know if Taylor Toth is actively searching for a partner right now, but Melissa Bulanhagui tweeted this off ice photo of them the day they skated a pairs show number in Bethlehem, PA this past Thursday (she mentioned she landed her throw double loop): http://yfrog.com/h21xiswj
    You know, they might make a good pair team. Sizewise, they are well-matched, and Melissa is fearless, and she can land triple jumps. Hmmmm.

vCash
    Article on Tiffany Vise and Don Baldwin, Senior B silver medal at 2010 Ice Challenge in Austria and 6th place at 2011 Nationals in spite of her foot injury: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/052911.shtml
    "This is the first year for Donny and me to be able to have a full year to train," Vise acknowledged. "This year we have all this time before to work on being creative on transitions in and out of elements before we compete for the first time in August. Hopefully we will be injury free so that we can compete healthy."

In addition to working on the basics and their connection on the ice, Vise and Baldwin are looking to increase their technical content this season.

"We have been working on triple twist for about a month now," Vise shared. "We had to take a little bit of a break from it because I sprained my ankle on it, but we plan on working on it again within the next couple weeks. We are also working on triple toe loop-double toe loop-double toe loop combination to add to the long program. We plan to keep our triple Salchows in the program as well."

The couple has decided to keep their Pirates of the Caribbean short program from last season, and is currently working on a new free skate to an instrumental version of Time to Say Goodbye and selections from the movie Legends of the Fall.

"We feel like we can build on the short program and make it better, and except for the twist, we have planned all level four elements," Vise explained. "We selected the music for the free skate because we want to show a more lyrical side that many people wouldn't expect to see out of us."
    Tucked away in the article is this news:
    "John and Rena are now working full time in the family's car business and medical billing professions, respectively," [Don] Baldwin shared. "They are expecting a baby in November."

vCash
    Article on Tiffany Vise and Don Baldwin, Senior B silver medal at 2010 Ice Challenge in Austria and 6th place at 2011 Nationals in spite of her foot injury: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/052911.shtml

Tucked away in the article is this news:
    Congrats to John and Rena

I have to say that for me, V/B are a likeable couple and agreeable to the eye. If they can get the big elements, they will be one of the US top pairs. Although, I'm not sure how their mirror elements will be received by judges on the natl. and intl. stages...

vCash
    Did anyone hear whether Rena and John got married?

vCash
    Okay, am I the only one assuming John is a car salesman?

vCash
    Yes, It's the family business.

I remember the first time they qualified for worlds, and a commentator, I think Terry Gannon? It was whoever was doing the interviews that year, asked John what qualifying for Worlds for the first time meant to him.

He said, AFAIR, "It means the car selling season starts later this year."

vCash
    Here's ryanbfan's video of Ashley Cain/Joshua Reagan's exhibition last week in Dallas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGAMHeULR2Q

It will be interesting to see how they fare at the senior international level this fall.

vCash
    Here's ryanbfan's video of Ashley Cain/Joshua Reagan's exhibition last week in Dallas:

It will be interesting to see how they fare at the senior international level this fall.
    I agree...I hope they manage to get on the Grand Prix.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Stephanie;3196810]I agree...I hope they manage to get on the Grand Prix.[/QUOTE

Loved this team at Nationals, but I think it will be interesting to see how they do at the Senior level as she is looking like she has grown taller.

vCash
    I've heard that the new Junior team of Christine Mozer/Danny O'Shea will not be at Liberty after all, but hopefully they will be ready to compete at Indy Challenge, which is 2 weeks later.
    So is Danny skating singles and pairs this season?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    [QUOTE=chachacha;3197849]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I agree...I hope they manage to get on the Grand Prix.[/QUOTE

Loved this team at Nationals, but I think it will be interesting to see how they do at the Senior level as she is looking like she has grown taller.
    I'm not that worried because as tall as Ashley is (maybe 5'6" or 5'7" now?), she's also a twig, and Joshua is quite tall, too.

vCash

So, they will compete as full-fledged Seniors this season? I'm impressed by their competitive resume thus far - US Novice and US Junior Natl. Champs back-to-back, then 4th at Jr. Worlds.

I watched their Dallas exhibition, then looked for competitive program videos on youtube for them, but didn't see any. Are they dynamic competitors?

vCash
    Cain/Reagan are too old for JGP so they must compete as seniors internationally. No point in them staying junior nationally either so yes, senior all the way for them.

Awaiting registration approval
    vCash

Wink Cain / Regan

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Cain/Reagan are too old for JGP so they must compete as seniors internationally. No point in them staying junior nationally either so yes, senior all the way for them.
    I think is good practice to move up to senior nationally when you are the Junior champs from the previous year as a team. I see that some people are dismissing that fact that ashley is tall, I think this will be a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldseal11 View Post
    I think is good practice to move up to senior nationally when you are the Junior champs from the previous year as a team. I see that some people are dismissing that fact that ashley is tall, I think this will be a problem.
    Josh is tall too, and Ashley is veryyy thin, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Awaiting registration approval
    vCash

pairs

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Josh is tall too, and Ashley is veryyy thin, so I don't think it will be an issue.
    You must be one of the mom's.
    5" to 7" height difference can be problematic. Maybe maybe not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    It wasn't very easy for Becky Bereswill and Trevor Young to do some of the pair elements last year, and she is tall and thin like Ashley. A tall girl will always be at a disadvantage skating pairs. It's physics. A bigger height difference makes it easier to do twists, throws, death spirals, etc. Tall girls (e.g. 5' 6") that are quitting pairs this year include Becky Bereswill and Brynn Carmen.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast