Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Really? I always thought of Themi as the stronger jumper of the pair. ...
    I had the same thought - and I wouldn't really say she's "tiny", just short. Still, this pairing was a logical choice for them both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    I had the same thought - and I wouldn't really say she's "tiny", just short. Still, this pairing was a logical choice for them both.
    Is Lindsay shorter than Amanda?

vCash
    Really? I always thought of Themi as the stronger jumper of the pair. Then again, I do remember them going for SBS 3loops and being marginally successful.

If they announce they are a pair, will they be eligible for competitions this coming season???
    I don't remember her falling a lot

Is Lindsay shorter than Amanda?
    I though she was around 5 feet, I should have said short not tiny, to me that's tiny.

vCash
    Lindsay is the 2010 junior ladies bronze medalist. She's a good jumper landing 3T, 3S, 3L, 2A-2A. That is great for pairs. http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...0/results.html

vCash
    She is a good jumper. She is about the same height as Amanda, but weighs (in my estimation at least seven pounds more). I am thinking they will do sbs sals because Mark can land one. Remember for a few seasons E/L tried it without much success on Amanda's part? They intend to and are eligible to compete this year. It's the plan....I like them both, so best of luck to them. I think one of the most determining factors is that she was willing to relocate to Florida, has a previous relationship with Peterson and co, and is close enough to Amanda's size. Obviously, Mark wasn't going to uproot his family and relocate. It has to be a tough adjustment for Mark to skate with someone new after ten years.

vCash
    Yes, they are about the same height, both under 5', but Amanda is a "slighter", different body build. I'm sure Mark will adjust quickly- he's a real "pro". It will be interesting to see what they do with the jumps and how consistent they really are now as I've observed some recent inconsistency with Lindsay. I'm sure Lyndon will get them in great shape! It's a great opportunity for both of them-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    Yes, they are about the same height, both under 5', but Amanda is a "slighter", different body build. I'm sure Mark will adjust quickly- he's a real "pro". It will be interesting to see what they do with the jumps and how consistent they really are now as I've observed some recent inconsistency with Lindsay. I'm sure Lyndon will get them in great shape! It's a great opportunity for both of them-
    IIRC, Lindsay is 4'10".
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    OMG!
    I've been waiting for an announcement of a new partner for Mark L.!!
    I'm very excited for them! Can't wait to see them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    IIRC, Lindsay is 4'10".
    I believe that is correct. But she is certainly not as 'slight' as Amanda so it make take a bit of time to adjust. I admire the Florida (and Colorado, obviously) programs of training and I hope they are successful. Pairs should be very interesting this year with all these new partnerships. I am excited to see the new teams of O'shea/Kayne and Regan/Yanakowskas plus the improvement of Zhang/Bartholomey and Donlan/Speroff.

vCash
    So surviving the season we currently have:
    Denney/Coughlin
    Marley/Brubaker
    Donlan Speroff
    Castelli/Shnapir
    Zhang/Bartholomay
    Vise/Baldwin

And confirmed new partnerships:
    Yankowskas/Reagan
    Davis/Ladwig

and unconfirmed possibilities. Who did I leave out (I don't even know who's moving from Jr. to Sr.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    So surviving the season we currently have:
    Denney/Coughlin
    Marley/Brubaker
    Donlan Speroff
    Castelli/Shnapir
    Zhang/Bartholomay
    Vise/Baldwin

And confirmed new partnerships:
    Yankowskas/Reagan
    Davis/Ladwig

and unconfirmed possibilities. Who did I leave out (I don't even know who's moving from Jr. to Sr.)
    O'shea/Kayne are confirmed
    Denney/Frazier should be moving up
    Not sure about the status of Vise/Baldwin-I heard they were done
    I think Duarte/Grafton are moving up as well

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Senior teams currently listed in the 2012-13 ISP:
    Caydee Denney & John Coughlin S1
    Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker S2
    Gretchen Donlan & Andrew Speroff S4
    Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir S5
    Felicia Zhang & Nathan Bartholomay S8
    Tiffany Vise & Don Baldwin S9

Planning to move/test up to Senior in the US:
    Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier J1
    Kylie Duarte & Colin Grafton J3

Confirmed/Announced (in articles) as new Senior teams:
    Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan
    Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth (she needs to test up)
    Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea (both are testing up)

To be confirmed/announced:
    Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig
    Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim (training in Colorado Springs, I've heard)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-27-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you Sylvia.

vCash
    I am still not sure what Mark is thinking with all of this....

vCash
    Any word on whether Ivan Dimitrov is searching for a partner? He had some talent and a 'wild' quality to his skating which made him somewhat interesting to watch.

vCash
    also curious to know what andrea poapst is doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    Who cares? He wants to skate let him skate. I don't see why his chances at success are any more dubious than Yankowskas/Reagan or Baga/Toth, for example. They could all do well, or not. Let's just wait and see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    Mark is thinking of skating well this season with his new partner...

vCash
    Lindsay Davis is lucky to go from Themi to Mark. Everybody is trying to be very PC and I am not going to be Urmanov on her but she needs to work on conditionning to say the least. I have not seen her skate in 1 year, so I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Lindsay Davis is lucky to go from Themi to Mark. Everybody is trying to be very PC and I am not going to be Urmanov on her but she needs to work on conditionning to say the least. I have not seen her skate in 1 year, so I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.
    I am not saying Mark doesn't have his work cut out for him and I wish E/L would have bowed out together, but he wanted to make a run at Sochi and Amanda didn't. It's his choice and, in Lindsay's defense, she came in very prepared for the tryout and was in shape and ready to make this partnership work. I have honestly never been a big fan of her skating, and did think Themi was quite a good pair skater, but I think if anyone can pull her together it's Mark and his experience plus the experience of their coaching team. After the top two, it's really anyone's game. I think Donlan/Speroff are good, but lack the jumping ability and are inconsistent on their throws. Marissa and Simon having been just waiting to breakthrough these last couple of years, but have yet to pull it all together at Nationals, and Felicia/Nate were so solid at Nationals this year that I only see them moving up and possibly breaking through to the final group. So many teams have broken up that I could see Mark's "why not?" approach. If he's willing to make the commitment then good for him and kudos to Amanda for being honest and saying she wasn't up for another year. I am going to say now that I doubt Caitlyn/Josh are going to be coming out the gate swinging the way Caydee/John did. Caydee/John are just far more consistent skaters and Caitlyn has been out of the game for a year, but best of luck to all! I am excited about these new teams.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast