Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

vCash
    Here's more music/choreo information from the World Team Trophy preview article that was published today on IceNetwork (link posted in the WTT thread in Kiss and Cry):
    Denney and Coughlin have booked a trip to the Detroit Skating Club, where Pasquale Camerlengo will create their 2012-13 short to swing music and free skate to music from Phantom of the Opera.

"We really admire what [Camerlengo] has done with his new [ice dance] teams," Coughlin said. "We talked about the ideas we want, how we want 'Caydee and John' to look and feel on the ice. We think he will be a great person to get us there."
    I like the concept of a swing music SP for D/C... as long as it's not "Sing, Sing, Sing"!

vCash
    I like Camerlengo's choreography and hate Sappenfield's so that's definitely a good thing.

vCash
    ITA

vCash
    ^ I agree with the posts above that this should at least be an improvement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I like the concept of a swing music SP for D/C... as long as it's not "Sing, Sing, Sing"!
    We can only hope....

vCash
    As we all know, some very successful skaters have used POTO, so it's going to keep being used no matter how much diehard skating fans tire of it. Music like this can help draw a crowd in. More important than music is their choreography, so Camerlengo should be a help there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceRecon View Post
    Any updates on Anna Pearce's tryouts with Adam Civiello and Matej Silecky or others?
    Looks like Anna has teamed up with Matej. Found this Picture of them on Facebook. She also commented on it saying that he was her partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Looks like Anna has teamed up with Matej. Found this Picture of them on Facebook. She also commented on it saying that he was her partner.
    Interesting. I've never heard of Matej, but I hope they have a successful partnership. I wonder where they're training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Interesting. I've never heard of Matej, but I hope they have a successful partnership. I wonder where they're training.
    I have seen Matej "pair skating" at a tryout. Anna certainly has her work cut out for her.

vCash
    AFAIK Matej Silecky is still pretty new to pairs and hasn't competed as a pair skater yet.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I understand that they will train in Northern California. I hope they do well. He had a number of false starts.

vCash
    Congratulations to D&C for a really good first year together. I'm excited to see how they progress next year, but thrilled that we have a US pair that is able to deliver on jumps and throws with solid consistency.

vCash
    Also hearing of a possible Andrews/ Anderson reunion. Nothing is solid, but I know it's a possibility in that camp.

vCash
    Also hearing of a possible Andrews/ Anderson reunion. Nothing is solid, but I know it's a possibility in that camp.
    Really? I liked them together. Why did they split in the first place?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icelover View Post
    I understand that they will train in Northern California. I hope they do well. He had a number of false starts.
    They being Matej and Anna Marie.....

That has NOT been confirmed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Really? I liked them together. Why did they split in the first place?
    I don't know for sure, but probably had something to do with the disastrous skate they had at sectionals in junior. After winning Novice the previous year, they failed to reach nationals.

vCash
    I don't know for sure, but probably had something to do with the disastrous skate they had at sectionals in junior. After winning Novice the previous year, they failed to reach nationals.
    Oh yes, I remember being so surprised that they didn't qualify that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    I have seen Matej "pair skating" at a tryout. Anna certainly has her work cut out for her.
    ouch, good luck to them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Congratulations to D&C for a really good first year together. I'm excited to see how they progress next year, but thrilled that we have a US pair that is able to deliver on jumps and throws with solid consistency.
    It's always good to end the season with a clean FS! I'm looking forward to seeing improvements from Denney/Coughlin next season, as well as what kind of programs Camerlengo can choreograph for them.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icelover View Post
    LiLi has had a coaching change and will be training with Meno, Sand and Mr. Nicks in Aliso Viejo.
    This is exciting news - a big move for her! I hope it goes really well for her in SoCal.

Interesting. I've never heard of Matej, but I hope they have a successful partnership.
    Matej and Anna are both part of USFS' DREAM Program.
    http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=513

Any updates on other Seniors pairing up - Meekins? Davis? Ladwig?

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast