Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    vCash
    OMG, POTO? Really?

vCash
    Yes, I know POTO is way overused by skaters, but I'd like to see what D/C do with the music before I pass judgement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the info on Lianna Thomas' relocation, icelover. I noticed that her IPS profile was taken down and was wondering what her current status is.

Tweeted by @JohnCoughlinUSA today:
    Don't know how I feel. Let me think about this music for them ....

vCash
    i never wanted to see POTO again after the great great great fd of drobiazkov/vanagas in 2006, because most of the POTO programs afterwards weren´t quite good.
    (only with d/w i was satisfied)

but let´s give them a try...but without the dark long flattering hair? it can´t work

vCash
    POTO? Really, they could have done something really spectacular this year but no.....

vCash
    Meh about the music choice but I'm happy they're getting such an early start on the next season.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes, I know POTO is way overused by skaters, but I'd like to see what D/C do with the music before I pass judgement.
    I hate that music so much that I don't think it matters what they do with it.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    they should be going for stojko-esque music choices
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    OMG, POTO? Really?

but it's not like I won't if they selected anything different ...

now that E/L have retired, I'll start rooting for Rockne Brubaker and the little girl ... and the new partnership between Caitlin and what's his name.

vCash
    Heck with that. I'll be seriously on the Donlan & Speroff rooting team, especially if they show signs of getting their jumps together at Indy.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    they should be going for stojko-esque music choices
    This is an interesting comment and I see what you mean.

I am really, really tired of POTO. Do you think there is any chance Coughlin is kidding because he knows there will be a negative buzz about it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Conga View Post
    This is an interesting comment and I see what you mean.

I am really, really tired of POTO. Do you think there is any chance Coughlin is kidding because he knows there will be a negative buzz about it?
    No. They skated to Turandot last season, so their team isn't getting how to package them correctly. Therefore, POTO is quite possible. Their only hope to fix their biggest drawbacks [PCS] in a short amount of time is the packaging, and get a bump in PCS points there.

vCash
    I am concerned that Sappenfield appears to be tone deaf about musical choices that complement skating styles. POTO does not seem like a good fit for them, much as a sultry routine would be a poor fit for Marley & Brubaker. Sigh.

I'd really like to see what D&C could do with some better music choices and styling. (As well as a lift positions doctor, though I'm really hoping that is an area that Sappenfield really works them on this summer -- Keauna certainly had no issues with lift position.)

vCash
    ?

Actually she did. She pointed her heel instead of her toe, which considering the rest of her position was excellent, always made me wonder why Daililah didn't tell her to fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    ?

Actually she did. She pointed her heel instead of her toe, which considering the rest of her position was excellent, always made me wonder why Daililah didn't tell her to fix it.
    Very true. But if Caydee could get even 80% of Keauna's lift position attractiveness, it would be a huge, huge improvement. Probably the biggest deficiency in her skating.

(And if someone she liked could talk with her about makeup that would look good on TV, that would be another good thing.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    They skated to Turandot last season, so their team isn't getting how to package them correctly. Therefore, POTO is quite possible.
    I suspect the idea is change the image of them to be a smooth and lyrical pair because that is generally who scores well with the judges. So their music choices are designed to appeal to that standard.

Obviously there's an issue of how well they fit that profile, but it seems to me they don't think embracing a less refined image is the ticket to skating success with the judges. And they may be right on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I know that Andrews hasn't had any tryouts yet, haven't heard anything about Tim though.
    Tim has had/is having tryouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Tim has had/is having tryouts.
    Can you give us any names? Also do you know if he will stay in Indy?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post

Obviously there's an issue of how well they fit that profile, but it seems to me they don't think embracing a less refined image is the ticket to skating success with the judges. And they may be right on that.
    if they dont have any choreography again, i suppose it doesnt really matter
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    I suspect the idea is change the image of them to be a smooth and lyrical pair because that is generally who scores well with the judges. So their music choices are designed to appeal to that standard.

I guess they have a long term goal of attaining that standard, but Sochi is in less than 2 years. I don't know if it's enough time to fix their chronic problems.

In a shorter amount of time, they might catch a few judges' eyes with something less refined but that shows them at their best

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast