Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Also, do you know if Nicks will continue to coach? I thought he's wanted to retire since '06?
    AFAIK John Nicks is still coaching and responsible for Marley/Brubaker, along with coach/choreographer Christine Binder. He also coaches 2011 Junior champ Courtney Hicks who should debut on the JGP this fall.

Nice to see all the Donlan/Speroff appreciation! I believe they are planning to compete again at Liberty in July.

Here's the news thread in GSD about Evora/Ladwig deciding to continue another season at least: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78882
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-18-2011 at 03:49 PM.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ..Nice to see all the Donlan/Speroff appreciation! I believe they are planning to compete again at Liberty in July.

...[/url]
    good, good that is what I am hoping for!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Caydee and Jeremy were with John Zimmerman 7-8 months? Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't think Caydee's lack of improvement can be laid on John's door. I certainly didn't expect John and Sylvia to be able to correct a lifetime of skating technique in 8 months.
    But not even the slightest of improvement in any regard? Of course I heavily blame her previous coach as well because he obviously didn't care either! Delilah certainly has her work cut out for her.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Donlan and Speroff have revealed their 2011-12 program music in Sarah/Drew's latest "Inside Edge" blog today (May 19):
    "Our short is going to be 'O mio babbino caro,'" said Speroff. "That was Gretchen's mom's idea. She played it for me once and I've never decided on a program so quickly. I was like, 'We're skating to that.'"

"Sheryl Franks and Deidre Williams are doing the choreography, and Carrie Wall always does the footwork," added Donlan.

"The long will be to Sleeping Beauty." Speroff went on. "It's really good -- it's one of my favorite programs I've ever done, so far."

They are capitalizing on their classical look, which Andrew says is their niche.
    The teams plans to debut both new programs at Liberty.

vCash
    I adore Sleeping Beauty. And Donlan/Speroff skating to it? double
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    They are capitalizing on their classical look, which Andrew says is their niche.
    yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I love the music choices *applause*

The teams plans to debut both new programs at Liberty.
    yay. *makes plans to be there*
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I enjoyed that brief interview with them. It's great to see that they interact well w/ one another. I'm excited to see them progress. Is Liberty in July or August?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Liberty is July 12-16, 2011 (I've started a US club competitions thread in Kiss and Cry and will post a preliminary Liberty roster there soon).

vCash
    Any word on Michael Chau? I see where he is still listed on IcePartnerSearch, but haven't heard anything about him in a while. Is he still actively looking to skate pairs?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by easilydistracte View Post
    Any word on Michael Chau? I see where he is still listed on IcePartnerSearch, but haven't heard anything about him in a while. Is he still actively looking to skate pairs?
    I believe so, yes.

Colin Grafton (of Kylie Duarte/Grafton, J7 at Nationals) recently wrote in his online journal that their FS music is Dr. Zhivago and that they are starting to land throw triple loops in practice -- link: http://everythingfigureskating.com/p...just-bad-luck/
    D/G have skated together for over 10 years (now she is 18 and he 19) and are planning to compete at Liberty.

Junior pairs scheduled to be at Liberty (so far): Duarte/Grafton, Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier, Christine Mozer/Danny O'Shea, Melissa Kustra/Paul Schatz (CAN).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-21-2011 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia. I hope Michael finds a good partner soon and that they stay together. It was a big disappointment for me when he and Tracy Tanovich split.

vCash
    Is Tracy Tanovich looking for a partner? any tryouts? It's so disappointing to see her not competing!! she's such a talent.

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by letsskate; 05-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I believe so, yes.

Colin Grafton (of Kylie Duarte/Grafton, J7 at Nationals) recently wrote in his online journal that their FS music is Dr. Zhivago and that they are starting to land throw triple loops in practice -- link: http://everythingfigureskating.com/p...just-bad-luck/
    D/G have skated together for over 10 years (now she is 18 and he 19) and are planning to compete at Liberty.

Junior pairs scheduled to be at Liberty (so far): Duarte/Grafton, Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier, Christine Mozer/Danny O'Shea, Melissa Kustra/Paul Schatz (CAN).
    I've loved watching Kylie and Colin the last few years and I think this music will work very well for them. Hope they come to Indy again this year!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Just came across this May 20th Jeremy Barrett post-retirement article on the IFS site: http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...taking-it-easy

Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    Is Tracy Tanovich looking for a partner? any tryouts? It's so disappointing to see her not competing!! she's such a talent.
    I agree that she had a lot of talent as a pair skater but her most consistent triple jump is the loop, and when she competed in Novice singles at Regionals this past season, she didn't attempt 2A. I haven't heard if she is still interested in skating pairs. It's a shame that she outgrew Chau and they couldn't stay together to do a JGP last season.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-24-2011 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    To be nit-picky , Grafton says that "Kylie" landed her first triple loops. (I have a soft spot for pair guys who say "she landed the throw," but "we missed the throw." It's absolutely true, most of the time, and is a very respectful, classy thing for a partner to do.)

It's a shame that [Tanovich] outgrew Chau and they couldn't stay together to do a JGP last season.
    I certainly got the impression that their intention was to try to skate a JGP season, but I think Chau's shoulder injury forced the issue. They're one of those teams that makes me wish we gave Team USA jackets to the enveloped skaters [which we used to do], not just those assigned internationally.

vCash
    I'm looking at the Liberty entries, and In addition to singles, Felicia Zhang is registered for a Senior Pairs SP. I wonder who her partner is? AFAIK it hasn't been announced.

vCash
    I heard from a reliable source that she has teamed up with Nathan Bartholomay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pairsis View Post
    That makes sense! Thanks for the info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pairsis View Post
    ???

So many of these splits and new partnerships are so confounding.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast