Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post

This comment is not about LeDuc specifically and isn't intended as commentary on his skating or his personality in any way: I can't remember the last time that a tall boy with good jumping skills, at least decent pair skills, international experience, who was available in February and did not have a reputation as a Grade A Jerk, was unable to find a partner.
    Well, I hope that means he has a great chance of finding one. It's nice to see an Iowa skater succeed, and while I've never seen him in intense training, his attitude on our club sessions tells me he is not even close to being a jerk!

I hope he, and Joshua Reagan, are able to find partners who match them well. I love pairs skating, so I want to see the US succeed!

I wonder if it's also possible that he just loves pairs and prefers pairs to singles.
    Well yes, that too.

vCash
    whole post
    Finding a partner can also be as easy as Tweeting them and asking to meet.

Not everything in this world has to be so complex.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitch View Post
    Probably not, but I would have said the same thing about ice dancing a decade ago.
    Ice Dancing had the advantage of Zoueva/Shpilband who started training teams at an early age. It's not that Russian pairs coaches haven't moved to the US as trainers -- Rodnina and Naumov come to mind immediately -- or that there weren't talented Russian coaches in dance in the US before Z/S. I'm not sure what combination of circumstances made them so much more successful, but it hasn't translated into Pairs training, It's possible, like Morozov, that being world class competitors, but not being the most talented or at the top of the podium, has made them better coaches, not to mention their ability to train large groups of top athletes.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Whole post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    ^ post of the year! Well said!
    ITA and really appreciate the time and thought put into it.

vCash
    Great post 5Ali3!!

vCash
    A Yankowskas/LeDuc pairing would be . Big tricks (SBS triples should be no problem for them)+style+fab skating skills.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I have heard that Junior pairs 7th place finishers Anna Pearce & Craig Norris have split. Although they did well at nationals, they appeared to have reached the top of their potential.

I believe Anna landed two throw triples (including possibly the best loop of the group in the short?),a side by side double axel, and displayed lots of charisma. Definitely some talent there.
    AnnaMarie Pearce, age 18, was added on icepartnersearch.com today. She lists herself as 4'10" tall, is a counterclockwise rotator, and states she can do lifts in both directions (Craig Norris rotated clockwise).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Tim LeDuc posted a highlight video of his skating on youtube today. He told me I could share the link (well, plus it is public). He's not listed on IPS, but is definitely seeking a partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn20YstURgg
    His hydroblade (49 seconds) is insane.
    I can't say why, exactly, but he rather reminds me of Jerome Blanchard. Anyone else see the resemblance? Hope Tim finds a great partner soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    AnnaMarie Pearce, age 18, was added on icepartnersearch.com today. She lists herself as 4'10" tall, is a counterclockwise rotator, and states she can do lifts in both directions (Craig Norris rotated clockwise).
    4'10?

I'd say 5'0 but hey it's IPS, everybody lies on there

She is eligible for the junior circuit next season still.

vCash
    Also thought I'd mention that Denney/Frazer (4th) and Duarte/Grafton (8th) kept the US with three spots for next year's Jr Worlds! Simpson and Blackmer took 10th for those keeping score (:

vCash
    So not only 3 teams, but none of the 3 teams will have to skate the QR round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    A Yankowskas/LeDuc pairing would be . Big tricks (SBS triples should be no problem for them)+style+fab skating skills.
    Agree mostly, but looking at him, I wonder how strong he is in the upper body for lifts and throws

vCash
    Also thought I'd mention that Denney/Frazer (4th) and Duarte/Grafton (8th) kept the US with three spots for next year's Jr Worlds! Simpson and Blackmer took 10th for those keeping score (:
    What is the score? (or what does this mean?)
    Last edited by sk8mom1970; 03-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I don't think it really means anything. I assumed the poster was just giving out the placements of all 3 US junior teams.

I was impressed with Denney/Frazier's confident skating in Minsk - they really peaked well at Nationals/Junior Worlds this season.

ETA:
    She [AnnaMarie Pearce] is eligible for the junior circuit next season still.
    It would be if she could find someone age-eligible - I believe Adam Civiello is the only JGP age-eligible U.S. guy listed on IPS who has any JGP experience.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-02-2012 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I was impressed with Denney/Frazier's confident skating in Minsk - they really peaked well at Nationals/Junior Worlds this season.
    Hate to say I told you so, but I called them winning a long time ago

If they can get the side by side triples consistent, they should be a force in senior!

Junior:

1. Denney/ Frazer
    2. Simpson/ Blackmer
    3. Oltmanns/ Santillan
    4. Duarte/ Grafton
    5. Aaron/ Settlage
    6. Calalang/ Sidhu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8mom1970 View Post
    What is the score? (or what does this mean?)
    "For those keeping score" comes from baseball. It used to be quite common for people to "keep score" during baseball games, recording the strikes/balls/errors/hits/runs/etc., especially when listening over the radio. Sometimes the radio announcers would let people at home know how the official scorekeeper had recorded a play when there was more than one option for how it might be scored. "For those keeping score, Jason Veritek's double has been charged as an error to Alex Rodriguez." (There's cool picture of a traditional scorecard on the wikipedia page for Baseball Scorekeeping.)

ETA: I've also heard it used in reference to music: "keeping score" means staying on time and playing correctly, I think.

Congratulations to the U.S. teams at Junior Worlds for their strong performances and for keeping three spots for next year's Junior Worlds! I believe their placements also mean that the U.S. will be able to send three teams to each 2012 JGP that includes pairs, unless those rules change again.

vCash
    "For those keeping score" comes from baseball. It used to be quite common for people to "keep score" during baseball games, recording the strikes/balls/errors/hits/runs/etc., especially when listening over the radio. Sometimes the radio announcers would let people at home know how the official scorekeeper had recorded a play when there was more than one option for how it might be scored. "For those keeping score, Jason Veritek's double has been charged as an error to Alex Rodriguez." (There's cool picture of a traditional scorecard on the wikipedia page for Baseball Scorekeeping.)

ETA: I've also heard it used in reference to music: "keeping score" means staying on time and playing correctly, I think.

Congratulations to the U.S. teams at Junior Worlds for their strong performances and for keeping three spots for next year's Junior Worlds! I believe their placements also mean that the U.S. will be able to send three teams to each 2012 JGP that includes pairs, unless those rules change again.
    Thanks so much for the baseball education. I totally get that. Just wondering where the cross over comes to figure skating? Is it medals over the season? One competition? Just wasn't sure how the translation goes into this sport?

Thanks again......

vCash
    It's just a saying. Like saying "for anyone keeping track".

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Thanks for posting the video of Timothy LeDuc. Love him! I hope he finds a partner soon
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I loved the video of Timothy LeDuc. He is very stylish, artistic.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast