Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It is probably discussed somewhere, but Lindsay Davis is on IPS...Themi is not.
    Anyone knows what's going on?
    He is 29 now and has had his share of partners. (Does Caitlin have his phone number?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    It is probably discussed somewhere, but Lindsay Davis is on IPS...Themi is not.
    Anyone knows what's going on?
    He is 29 now and has had his share of partners. (Does Caitlin have his phone number?)
    There was a discussion about this in GSD in September 2011 when Davis/Leftheris' split became official: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80135

I haven't heard whether or not Leftheris is still interested in competing, but not everyone lists themselves on icepartnersearch.

Posted earlier in this thread (post #285) and worth reposting:
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    A good partnership is not just about a size, skill, and style match: it's about work ethic, attitude, perseverance, collegiality, and so much else. Those factors are impossible to quantify and compare from competition performances or news articles, but the pair community is small and everyone knows pretty much everything about everyone else.
    BTW, Bianca Butler is looking to switch from pairs (she competed for 9+ years with Joseph Jacobsen) to dance - I saw her profile on icepartnersearch.com today.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    IPS = Icepartnersearch.com
    ISP = International Selection Pool (still too early for 2012-13)

Glad to see Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss (5th in Junior Pairs at Nationals) listed on USFS' International Assignments page for Challenge Cup in The Hague, Netherlands (March 8-11) - it will be their international debut as a team and good experience ahead of the JGP next season.
    Happy to hear PFUND/REISS will be heading to the Challenge Cup! They are going to continue to develop and should be a very strong Junior Team next season. I was very impressed with them for the short time they have been together. I hope they also send Aaron and Settlage, because for first year Junior they did well and although they did not have a great skate, they just were off that day at Nationals. Nice to see some young teams that can develop for the long term. Mozer and Oshea should hopefully stay injury free and be a strong Junior Team this next season too

vCash
    Themi turned 'pro' recently-- he's skating on a cruise ship.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    Mozer and Oshea should hopefully stay injury free and be a strong Junior Team this next season too
    Unfortunately they'll be to old to compete as juniors (internationally) next year. He just turned 21 this month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Themi turned 'pro' recently-- he's skating on a cruise ship.
    Thanks for the info.

Speaking of 'pro' pair skaters, here's a recent article on Joe Jacobsen and Kendra Moyle who are touring with Disney on Ice's "Dare to Dream" show: http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/1...oung-star.html
    One of the show highlights is an aerial act featuring Jacobsen and his partner, Kendra Moyle who portrays Rapunzel. It takes place as the two are escaping Rapunzel’s tower — they use her long locks of hair to descend. The partners spent 12 weeks in Sarasota, Fla., preparing the act. The first six weeks were spent off-ice, building upper body strength. The second six weeks were devoted to on-ice rehearsals of the scene.

“We fly 25 feet above the ice and we do a lot of flips and turns,” Jacobsen said. “We also use Rapunzel’s ‘hair’ to help [us] escape the Captain [of the Guard] and Maximus, who’s a really fun character who’s a fun horse who really causes trouble for Flynn. It’s a really exciting part of the show.”
    In his spare time the adventurous Jacobsen surfs, skateboards and sails — someday he hopes to circle the world in a sailboat as well as act off the ice. Right now though, he’s enjoying living out his boyhood dream.

“I love the touring lifestyle; it’s a really good fit for me and it’s a lot of fun to see the kids’ reactions to the characters and the skating,” he said.
    ETA link for a November 2011 Disney on Ice publicity article that focuses on Kendra Moyle: http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles...ce-latest.html
    She is the youngest of three children (two girls and one boy). Moyle had attended one year of college before leaving to perform with Disney On Ice. She is majoring in communications and hopes to become a high school guidance counselor someday.
    One of the little-known facts about Moyle is that she was featured on “America’s Funniest Home Videos” when she was 3.

“It was a 5-minute clip. I thought my mother was down the drain so I was calling to her. Apparently, I did this all the time. I was a weird kid,” she said with a laugh.

The tour keeps the skaters busy, but to break up the monotony of traveling, Moyle said she tries to pick out the one thing that city is famous for.

“I want to do things that the residents there recommend. I’ve visited places like the Hershey Factory and the Coca-Cola Museum,” she said.

The tour winds down in May and although she’s looking forward to seeing her family and friends, she said “this tour has been a dream come true. It’s been incredible.”
    And that's all for this edition of "Where Are They Now: Pair Skaters."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-16-2012 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    Danielle Viola has listed herself on icepartnersearch.com - she was 6th in Novice Pairs at 2012 Nationals with Alex Johnson.

vCash
    ^^ interesting. I wonder what Alex's plans are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Danielle Viola has listed herself on icepartnersearch.com - she was 6th in Novice Pairs at 2012 Nationals with Alex Johnson.
    That's a shame, I thought they were promising.

vCash
    I heard that alex is back to doing just singles.

vCash
    Joe Lynch (of Katz/Lynch whose last Nationals was 2011, 9th in Senior) has listed himself on icepartnersearch and is looking to return to competition.

ETA: Katz/Lynch competed together from Juvenile (2000-01 season) through 2011 Nationals. He is listed as 5'8" and will turn 27 in May.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-21-2012 at 03:06 AM.

vCash
    Hmmm... Can anyone think of potential suitors? He's a bit short.

vCash
    Lindsay Davis' listed height is 4'11".

vCash
    Not a bad pairing...

vCash
    Cassie Andrews is listed on ice partner search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    That makes me sad, but I'm not shocked. I hope Tim is able to find a new partner (if he wants one) - he was at our rink again last night, and it is just amazing watching him skate.

vCash
    Yeah, I was guessing this would happen, but it's still a bummer.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I heard that alex is back to doing just singles.
    Not a bad move. I could see him on the podium with a little development.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Hm.. Possible pairings for the both of them?

I hear Tim has tried out with Caitlin Yankowskas...

vCash
    Ivan Dimitrov, age 25, listed himself on icepartnersearch today, so I guess he and Alexa Scimeca (who was listed on IPS earlier but not now) have split.

Adam Civiello, 20, is also on icepartnersearch, having taken this past season off from competing. He competed in one JGP with his previous partner in the fall of 2010 and has one more season of ISU Junior eligibility left (2012-13).

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast