Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    Any updates on other Seniors pairing up - Meekins? Davis? Ladwig?
    I saw Drew Meekins in the stands today at Intercollegiate Nationals in Colorado Springs, and he says his shoulder surgery is healing well and he can now lift his arms fully above his head. He is back on the ice training his jumps, but it may be a while before he tries to lift anyone. He says it would be great to get back to doing pairs with a shoulder that works properly! We can only hope ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOnTheIce View Post
    They being Matej and Anna Marie.....

That has NOT been confirmed.
    Well, wherever they do train, here's hoping they have a good season! I thought Anna was from Northern CA.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icelover View Post
    Well, wherever they do train, here's hoping they have a good season! I thought Anna was from Northern CA.
    She is. I got to watch her skating for a number of years and she was always a favorite.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I was on the ice today with Taylor Toth and Kiri Baga. They were working on several pairs moves. They looked great!
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icelover View Post
    Yeah that's probably the last place they'd train. I think they're either going to be in NJ with him or in Southern California with Todd and Jeni

garden freak
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I was on the ice today with Taylor Toth and Kiri Baga. They were working on several pairs moves. They looked great!
    Great news - looking forward to seeing what they can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Really? I liked them together. Why did they split in the first place?
    Nick Anderson had broken his foot off-ice in the off season of 2009 following their Novice National Championship win -- and wasn't even jumping in August 2009 when they took their junior pairs test (he landed the SBS jump in the test, hail-mary style). They gave it a shot at Mids 2009, but came in 5th. It didn't look certain his foot was going to make a full recovery.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Despite his injury, I'm glad Cassie Andrews/Nick Anderson were able to experience their one and only JGP together in the fall of 2009 (they finished 13th in Dresden, Germany).

News I am happy to see -- the return of a National Pairs Camp! It's scheduled for June 9-10, 2012 at the Canlan Ice Sports facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana (registration deadline is May 15): http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=516
    The U.S. Figure Skating Pairs Committee and Pairs Development Subcommittee are pleased to announce the inaugural U.S. Figure Skating National Pairs Camp. The goal of this camp is to bring all pair teams together along with prospective pairs skaters while creating an environment to share ideas a techniques and help pairs skating in the United States flourish. The focus will be on developing a solid foundation for pair skaters/teams with help from guest speakers and elite coaches. Pair teams/coaches and individual pair skaters of all levels are welcome.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Nice that they're having a pairs camp, but wow, that sure isn't much notice. (And are most schools out by June 9/10? They are in our area, but I know they run later in quite a few other states.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Despite his injury, I'm glad Cassie Andrews/Nick Anderson were able to experience their one and only JGP together in the fall of 2009 (they finished 13th in Dresden, Germany).

News I am happy to see -- the return of a National Pairs Camp! It's scheduled for June 9-10, 2012 at the Canlan Ice Sports facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana (registration deadline is May 15): http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=516
    YES!! I am bummed that I'll be out of town that weekend (and no, I can't afford to change things, having spent $1800 on plane tickets ), because I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that camp. . . surely they'll need volunteer assistance???
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ... News I am happy to see -- the return of a National Pairs Camp! It's scheduled for June 9-10, 2012 at the Canlan Ice Sports facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana...
    U.S. Figure Skating must be excited by the new pairings and overall promising potential of many of the U.S. pairs teams. The mock humorous book title suggestion from Trash Can thread may not be too far off the mark ...

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyskater View Post
    How to Run a Gold Medal Pairs Program by the USFSA...
    Well, we can dream a little.

vCash
    Unofficial, old news, but saw that it hadn't really been brought up yet: Poapst/ Knierim are no longer together.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Andrea Poapst/Chris Knierim weren't included in the International Selection Pool list that was published on the USFS site yesterday (refer to this thread), so their split is "official" even though they are still listed in the 2011-12 Team C envelope online.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ Oh okay. Well I've heard about possibly Scimeca/ Knierim ! Could be a good partnering. She has Caydee Denney potential imo.

vCash
    I really liked Poapst/Knierim, sad to see them split. I have no idea of Andrea's plans but the thought crossed my mind that she'd make a lovely partner for Mark Ladwig.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Do we know what this means for Andrea Poapst's future? Is she still searching for a partner (listed on ice partner search, etc.)? Back to Canada for pairs or singles? Done skating? Or undecided? Injured?

I really enjoy her presence on the ice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    U.S. Figure Skating must be excited by the new pairings and overall promising potential of many of the U.S. pairs teams.
    To me, the return of National Pairs Camp is more like, "Hey, pairs still exists in this country, we swear!"

I mean, all these splits and other disappearances every year are usually understandable, but it's still comical to see 6 Sr pairs left from Nationals. The only thing left to do is try to encourage development of more pairs at all levels, but it really is a complicated/unstable/crazy discipline isn't it.

vCash
    I can say with 100% certainty that Mark Ladwig and Lindsay Davis have officially paired up. Tryout was last week and now they are skating together. Look for an official announcement soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that Mark Ladwig and Lindsay Davis have officially paired up. Tryout was last week and now they are skating together. Look for an official announcement soon.
    She is so tiny, they might look very nice together and if I remember she lands her jumps nicely! Hopefully we will hear soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    She is so tiny, they might look very nice together and if I remember she lands her jumps nicely! Hopefully we will hear soon.
    Really? I always thought of Themi as the stronger jumper of the pair. Then again, I do remember them going for SBS 3loops and being marginally successful.

If they announce they are a pair, will they be eligible for competitions this coming season???

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast