Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I feel like the only person in the States mourning the impending cancellation of "Outsourced". That show makes me PML. While aware that "racial insensitivities" are a real issue for many critics, my view is that any stereotyping is being done out of love and respect ... and I've actually learned a lot about Indian culture and people.

Sigh, goodbye Gupta, funniest guy on television. And, sigh, we'll never see the blockbuster American/Indian pairing of Todd and Asha.

Consolation Emmy nomination for Diedrich Bader, please!

vCash
    CBS has formally announced that they are renewing "Rules of Engagement".

NBC has placed a 13-episode order for Chuck for next season.

The buzz is that "The Event" will be cancelled, but that's not formal yet.

It sounds like CBS is trying to renew "Two and a Half Men". They're in casting for Sheen's replacement. They want to have that casting done by May 18th, their upfront presentation. TV Week said that they'd been looking at Hugh Grant, but talks fell through (sigh). They're looking for an actor at that level - movie star.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Clueless American
    vCash
    I like Outsourced too. It got so much better after the first few awkward episodes. I'm looking forward to the wedding finale tonight.

I'm glad Chuck got picked up. I don't expect The Event to be renewed, but I'm holding out hope that maybe another channel might pick it up. I doubt it, but one can still hope. Ditto for V.

Teenage Mutant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I feel like the only person in the States mourning the impending cancellation of "Outsourced". That show makes me PML. While aware that "racial insensitivities" are a real issue for many critics, my view is that any stereotyping is being done out of love and respect ... and I've actually learned a lot about Indian culture and people.
    You should watch the movie it's based on, IMO it's better
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I feel like the only person in the States mourning the impending cancellation of "Outsourced".
    That's okay, I'll be the only one mourning Better With You. I think it's a cute show

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Bones, Castle, Modern Family, and Borgias - got all mine back! Thank goodness because I am still not adjusted from losing Lost, Numb3rs, Flash Forward, Tudors, and Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Then I can't imagine we will lose DWTS, Biggest Loser, or even the Bachelor (though it wouldn't kill me to lose the Biggest Loser or the Bachelor).

AGT, SYTYCD, and Bachelorette (with Bachelor Pad to follow) are starting up for the summer!

I love Allison Janney, but I could not even get through that first eppy of Mr. Sunshine. It was soooo bad.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    That's okay, I'll be the only one mourning Better With You. I think it's a cute show
    I'll join you. I really like that one.
    Team Peeps!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I don't watch it regularly, but I like Outsourced
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I enjoy the entire ABC sitcom lineup, minus The Middle. "Better With You" is my nice little show I watch while making dinner. A Better With You/Modern Family/Cougartown/Happy Endings/Mr. Sunshine lineup would make me quite pleased.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I loved Better with You - it's very clever and sweet.

Community isn't on the list, I hope it's safe - it's one of my faves.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I feel like Fox cancelled half their lineup this spring. My Twitter feed was going bonkers last night with all that news breaking around the same time.
    I noticed that, too. It looked they had way more cancelled shows than other networks so far. Sadly, though, my favorite shows on Fox are the Sunday night cartoons and they are all safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I enjoy the entire ABC sitcom lineup, minus The Middle. "Better With You" is my nice little show I watch while making dinner. A Better With You/Modern Family/Cougartown/Happy Endings/Mr. Sunshine lineup would make me quite pleased.
    Me too, except for Mr. Sunshine (don't watch it).
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Well, I was going to say that I only ended up continuing to watch two new shows all through the season, being Raising Hope and Mr. Sunshine (and I think that I still have an episode or two of Mr. Sunshine waiting on my recorder), but then I realized reading above that I forgot about Outsourced, which I'll watch when it comes on after 30 Rock and then never think about at any other time, and I'll admit to a little bit of a guilty pleasure in watching $#*! My Dad Says which is on the "not looking so good" list. Again, I probably would forget about it if it weren't coming on after The Big Bang Theory.

Raising Hope is probably the only one of the shows that were new this season that I'd really miss if it were gone next season, so I'm glad that it's already been renewed and I have to thank the posters here for the recommendations that got me to watch it.

The Big Bang Theory (renewed) was sort of new to me as this was the first season that I watched it regularly instead of occasionally and I caught up with previous episodes quickly since (I believe) it was starting syndication last fall and CTV certainly paid a lot of attention to promoting it, having the actors on Canada AM, etalk, and Innerspace over on Space. With the end of Lost, this became probably my favourite U.S. scripted show, so I'm glad that it was renewed.

In British/PBS tv, Sherlock has been in rehearsals for a second series this week and will start filming next week to be shown on the bbc in the autumn.
    Last edited by sk8sue; 05-13-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: clarification

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I loved Better with You - it's very clever and sweet.

yeah I actually like "Better with you" also! I watch "Middle" and "better with you" on Wed. night. I watched "V" one episode and it was horrible. V was my favorite show growing up and I was so disappointed when I watched the show.

vCash
    I really enjoy that show. I also like The Middle. Poor Sue...

vCash
    NBC picks up: SMASH, PRIME SUSPECT, AWAKE, PLAYBOY, UP ALL NIGHT, GRIMM, and WHITNEY.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-awake-187564
    I can wait to see SMASH, everyone who saw the pilot is raving about it. The Return of Debra Messing, yeahhh!!!

Clueless American
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Community and Parks & Rec both were renewed early. So no worries. I love Community too, and Parks & Rec is my favorite sitcom.

I know a place...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Really ? WOW.
    With great shows like Stargate or BSG, I don't get smallville at all.
    Smallville had the advantage of being on a network where even bad ratings are better than no ratings at all. Otherwise it would have been cancelled after season 6 or 7. Which IMO it probably should have been. Fortunately the show did improve by the time season 9 started. Quality wise it is going out much better than it would have been if it ended between season 6-8.

Does anyone know when A & E will be announcing there line up? I'm really interested in Longmire. It's looking like a sci-fi actors haven with Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips and Cassidy Freeman.

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Another good source for finding out the status of all kinds of current tv programs in the U.S. is The Futon Critic.

Parenthood and Harry's Law have been renewed by NBC. Both were shows I was originally interested in, but neither ended up really drawing me in to watch regularly.

ETA A&E has an upfront announcement posted from May 4 that lists Longmire in the category of "drama series development". p.s. I love your sig, musicgurl.
    Last edited by sk8sue; 05-13-2011 at 02:49 AM.

I know a place...
    vCash
    I watch Parenthood strictly for Lauren Graham. If for any reason she ever leaves the show I'll stop watching. I don't find it compelling enough on it's own and some of the characters annoy me way more than is reasonable. But I like Lauren Graham so I keep watching.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast