Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

vCash

US TV Season 2011-2012 - New, Renew, Cancel, Oh My!

Hi, All:

We've just been through "pilot season", when the pilots are all filmed. Now we move into the Upfronts, where the networks announce their fall schedules. So now is the time when we normally start hearing about new shows for next season, as well as about cancellations and renewals.

So far we know that House has been renewed, but this could be its last year. Not due to ratings, but due to $$$. We'll have to see.

Fox has also renewed Family Guy, the Cleveland Show, the Simpsons, and American Dad. They have cancelled Breaking In, Traffic Light, Lie to Me, Human Target and Chicago Code.

The actual Upfronts presentations begin Monday, May 16th - NBC will start. The other networks follow that week.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Fox has renewed Bones as well.
    Last edited by oleada; 05-12-2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    My mother and sister are depressed that Detroit 187 almost certainly won't be back.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Supposedly The Event has been canceled. Major boo! I didn't like it at first but it really found its footing and is a great show. Unfortunately too many people were turned off at the beginning like me but they didn't keep giving it another chance, I guess.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Fox has renewed Bones as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Is it Thursday yet? The preview for this week's episode has me so excited!

vCash
    I love that Breaking In is canceled, after only, what 6 episodes? It was just down right awful. Christian Slater should just try writing a memoir or something.

I see The Event is on the "not looking so good" list. At least it isn't a SURE thing. Maybe the critical acclaim the latter part of the season that the show has been getting will be enough to give it a few more shots. If V got another season then this should get 1 more.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    The Borgias (Showtime) have been picked up for another season. Two more episodes of Casare until next season!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Hi, All:

They have cancelled Breaking In, .......

NNNNNNOOOOO!!!!! That was my new favorite show!! It was funny! I liked all the quick sarcastic jokes. I like Christian Slater too.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I will be extremely stoked if ABC takes another chance on V which had the most finale ever earlier this spring. I'm also holding out hope for a few other shows including Happy Endings, Mr. Sunshine, and Off the Map, and even though the chances look pretty good for both, I'm still a little anxious about Hawaii Five O and Brothers & Sisters coming back next year.

I feel like Fox cancelled half their lineup this spring. My Twitter feed was going bonkers last night with all that news breaking around the same time.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    LOOKING NOT SO GOOD

Brothers & Sisters (ABC)

Bummer. The show did take a nosedive last season though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    LOOKING NOT SO GOOD

Brothers & Sisters (ABC)

Bummer. The show did take a nosedive last season though.
    My bf and I became obsessed with this. Staying up way to late on way too many nights to watch as many as we could. Then we got about caught up, paid for a few on iTunes and recorded the remaining to watch later. Something about this past season just has not clicked for us. I think we have 2-3 more to watch on iTunes (or online but we prefer to watch together on our big TV) before we can begin going through our DVR but we just lost interest very suddenly. He has lost interest more than me but I don't know that I would have gotten much further. Maybe we will watch this summer when nothing good is on (other than Big Brother!).
    -Brian

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Fox has ... cancelled ... Chicago Code.

Things were really starting to heat up, setting things up very well for an explosive second season. Too bad that'll never happen...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    ABC said recently they may run a reduced season of B&S eps next year but that they hadn't made a firm decision about that yet. I wouldn't be horribly upset to see it end (the season finale was surprisingly happy) but I do enjoy the cast and would love to see another season.

Did anyone else hear that Chuck may get another season?! That's great news!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    My bf and I became obsessed with this. Staying up way to late on way too many nights to watch as many as we could. Then we got about caught up, paid for a few on iTunes and recorded the remaining to watch later. Something about this past season just has not clicked for us. I think we have 2-3 more to watch on iTunes (or online but we prefer to watch together on our big TV) before we can begin going through our DVR but we just lost interest very suddenly. He has lost interest more than me but I don't know that I would have gotten much further. Maybe we will watch this summer when nothing good is on (other than Big Brother!).
    Same here. This season I've been waiting a couple months then watching a group of episodes at once on the abc website. Lately, I just haven't been motivated to catch up on the second half of last season. Something just seems missing with Ojai and the Harper's out of the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Did anyone else hear that Chuck may get another season?! That's great news!
    I hope so! I thought the intersect angle would get old, but I think it's been managed well. I so much when Chuck started humming Darth Vader to psych up Morgan - priceless.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Smallville" says goodbye on Friday (5/13/11) after 10 years!!! And I've seen every episode.

"Smallville" has become the longest running science-fiction television series in the USA.

vCash
    Really ? WOW.
    With great shows like Stargate or BSG, I don't get smallville at all.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Demon Barber
    vCash
    I absolutely love Allison Janney, but

MIDSEASON SHOWS/TOO SOON TO TELL

Mr. Sunshine (ABC)
    I'm shocked it's still on the air. It was painful to try and watch the first 3-4 eps. I couldn't do it, despite Allison.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast