Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash

"Patrick Chan returns triumphant, rejuvenated"

According to Bev Smith's story in the Globe & Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2017619/
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Rejuvenated? The kid is 20 years old. How rejuvenated does he need to get? Nice article, thanks.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Thanks for posting this.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's a short videoclip of Patrick being greeted at the Toronto airport by a young fan (and TV cameras): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcQAxz0608

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Still jumping with joy, Chan sets sights on Sochi
    http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...454/story.html

vCash
    He's amazing. I just loved his 'Phantom of the Opera' LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Rejuvenated? The kid is 20 years old. How rejuvenated does he need to get? Nice article, thanks.
    Apparently he needs a week. Seems about right to me - even a 20 year old is going to need a rest after working as hard as Patrick did, be it for school or sports or a job. Competing at Worlds is going to be emotionally as well as physically draining and more so this year, because of the one month delay. I'd bet a lot of skaters take a rest after worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's a short videoclip of Patrick being greeted at the Toronto airport by a young fan (and TV cameras): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcQAxz0608
    Aww, that was pretty cute .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Apparently he needs a week. Seems about right to me - even a 20 year old is going to need a rest after working as hard as Patrick did, be it for school or sports or a job. Competing at Worlds is going to be emotionally as well as physically draining and more so this year, because of the one month delay. I'd bet a lot of skaters take a rest after worlds.
    Understood, but "rejuvenated" means "made young again." If he got much younger, he'd have to go back to juniors.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Patrick appeared briefly on Global News this week and an extended version of the interview is available on globaltoronto.com.

He says he's even more excited about being in the Guinness Book of World Records than winning the gold medal since he used to pore through it with his friends as a kid!

vCash
    I wonder with all the press from Chan this year, do people still have a image of him being a cocky brat? I for one always find him real and down with perspectives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    That is really sweet. Nice to see a young boy who is such a fan. Maybe many years from now that kid will be a skater who was inspired by him.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Good thing he had that week off. He's already started the new LP with Lori, and word has it that it will of course be even better than Phantom!

vCash
    Well, I'm sure it will be. That boy sure is a hard worker. I hope he gets a few golf games in though . After all it is summer (somewhere).
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Music sounded like Lawrence of Arabia or something like that...

vCash
    Understood, but "rejuvenated" means "made young again." If he got much younger, he'd have to go back to juniors.
    It also means "to be restored to a former state", which would apply here - the former state being 'rested and ready to start training'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Music sounded like Lawrence of Arabia or something like that...
    Ooo me loves Lawrence of Arabia . And I can see Chan skating to that.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    That is really sweet. Nice to see a young boy who is such a fan. Maybe many years from now that kid will be a skater who was inspired by him.
    I know who that kid is, actually. He's a really good skater already and I truly believe that with the right support and coaching, he can be as good as (or better than!) Patrick.

vCash
    When you train at that level from age 10 or under, a 20 year old body is more like a 35-40 year old body full of healed and not-so-healed injuries.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Brief article: http://www.examiner.com/ice-skating-...lorado-springs
    On Wednesday evening, June 29, 2011, local figure skaters and their familes, coaches, and ice skating fans gathered at the Colorado Springs World Arena to celebrate his victory. Many showed up wearing Canadian red and white colors in support of Chan.
    It was posted in the Japan Open thread yesterday that Chan is one of the invited skaters (Team North America) for that pro-am competition on October 1, 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast