Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    If Tom Z wins anything, we know that he's greased the system. Of course, they could have a new category "Most Successful Bully"
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I like Ade a lot too, and would be happy to see her win Developmental Coach of the Year, although the problem with this type of thing is that there are often a lot of people I'd be happy to see win.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Tom Z should win the Lemon Prize for coaches. Also - best push-ups in a Kiss n' Cry!

Kori Ade came on strong with Jason. Should win for Developmental.

Christy Krall would be perfect for the technical coaching award (4th award on the list).

Marina & Igor for choreography, as well as for Coaches of the Year.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I like Ade a lot too, and would be happy to see her win Developmental Coach of the Year, although the problem with this type of thing is that there are often a lot of people I'd be happy to see win.
    Thank you, GK, that's what I was talking about.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupagegal View Post
    You have got to be kidding ? Right Coach of the year in PSA? What in the world would make you think she is worthy of this award?
    Nice tone. I didn't say coach of the yr..I know that there are categories. I read the criteria for the developmental coach of the yr and I think that Kori fits it nicely.

vCash
    Does the PSA give out a seperate set of awards to ISI coaches? A local coach said he was up for a developmental coach of the year award at this week's conference.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Nice tone. I didn't say coach of the yr..I know that there are categories. I read the criteria for the developmental coach of the yr and I think that Kori fits it nicely.
    Ahh I wouldn't go that far. She has been lucky with the talent she came across, I would say manager of the year because she is good at getting other people to help her with her students. Coaching actually requires you to know something about stuff like jumps.

vCash
    Ahh I wouldn't go that far. She has been lucky with the talent she came across, I would say manager of the year because she is good at getting other people to help her with her students. Coaching actually requires you to know something about stuff like jumps.
    Wow, what did she ever do to you? I don't know her personally, but since (according to her bio) she is PSA-rated in moves and freestyle, I think she knows a bit more about skating than you are suggesting.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Awaiting registration approval
    vCash
    This is funny....

vCash
    Who the f*** are you? Your username is "dupagegal," so you're from the Illinois area, like Ade herself? That's interesting. Sounds like a great opportunity to trash someone you don't like, to me.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Who the f*** are you? Your username is "dupagegal," so you're from the Illinois area, like Ade herself? That's interesting. Sounds like a great opportunity to trash someone you don't like, to me.
    Based on her posting history, this one doesn't like Tanith either, to put it mildly. How did she manage to offend you - outskate your daughter somehow?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    This thread is not the first time this member has made disparaging comments about Kori. I have met Kori and know several skaters who have found their lessons with her extremely helpful. And, yes, these lessons included jumps. Clearly there is more to the snipping than we know; reads like insecurity to me.

vCash
    Kori is a wonderful example of the future of coaches. I find her great and genuine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Based on her posting history, this one doesn't like Tanith either, to put it mildly. How did she manage to offend you - outskate your daughter somehow?
    dupagegal doesn't like anybody. Her tone in every thread is extremely negative.

Good thing FSU has the "ignore" option.

vCash

Have you taught anybody extensively? Or been taught?
    A huge percentage of mentoring somebody young consists of pacing them, helping them find their individuality and not killing their love for the subject (sport, music, whatever). If on top of that a person can ask advice from people who know better and not let ego get in the way- that person learns, the student learns, everybody wins. If your complaints about Kori is that she could recognize the talent when she saw it, guided it wisely and asked others to help when she could not, putting the student first- well, the developmental coach award is right in front of my eyes.

Somebody else also might be deserving; but the point is your "criticism" only compliments what Kori did.
    Last edited by dinakt; 05-28-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    OK, I've heard unofficially that Kori Ade won USFS/PSA's Developmental Coach of the Year award. In addition to coaching Jason Brown to an impressive 9th place Senior debut at Nationals (and a 7th place finish at Junior Worlds), another student of hers, Jordan Moeller, won the Novice Men's silver medal.

ETA: And Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva reportedly did win the Coach of the Year award, as expected.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-28-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    OK, I've heard unofficially that Kori Ade won USFS/PSA's Developmental Coach of the Year award. In addition to coaching Jason Brown to an impressive 9th place Senior debut at Nationals (and a 7th place finish at Junior Worlds), another student of hers, Jordan Moeller, won the Novice Men's silver medal.

ETA: And Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva reportedly did win the Coach of the Year award, as expected.
    Good for Kori!

And well deserved for Igor and Marina..

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Agreed on both counts!!
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia. Well deserved recognition for excellent work this season.
    Congrats!

vCash
    Hooray for Kori! I was hoping Yuka and Jason would win but Igor and Marina do deserve it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast