Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Jeezus Christ, you try to make a point in this place and you get dogpiled.

I said Plushenko OR SOMEONE. I didn't say it had to be him. I still think it's most LIKELY to be him. But if it came down to, say, Skate Canada, and it hadn't been done yet, and Chan got the "record" because he was the skate before Adam, that'd still be unfair, because Adam's Lz is much nicer-looking than Chan's. IMO.

Obviously life's not fair. But it's also not fair that you can't state an opinion in this place without getting dogpiled. I wasn't attacking anyone, I wasn't being rude or overly harsh or unfair. I made an observation of opinion that Adam's 4Lz was slightly underrotated (which it was but who knows what his other practice jumps were like?), and followed it up with a stream-of-consciousness comment.

vCash
    How is Chan being dragged into this is beyond me

Even if Chan's lutz is less nicer looking, if he landed it before anybody else then he's got the record, how is it unfair? But don't worry, I don't think Chan is going for the quad lutz, so the record will be left to those who can do a better looking lutz.

vCash
    er ha~UNFAIR?It's rediciouls

the opportunity is there,everyone can do it,try it or not,land it or not,it's just about themself.

yes,Adam try it in practise,but do you know how many people have tried that?

do you know the chinese player Jialiang Wu practice 4Lz for a long time???

but if other person land it in competitions,we won't blame them and shout it's UNFAIR!!!!!! ╮(╯_╰)╭

plus,am I the only person who never found adam's lz is better than anyone else?

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I don't give a rat's axel if Adam is the first or the 10th to land this in competition. I just want to see him return "with a fire in his belly" and compete like the beautiful skater that many of us love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Wasn't the first throw triple axel in international competition almost immediatly followed, in the same competition, by another throw triple axel? (Maybe I'm misremembering).

Imagine "the record books" being set only by the draw order, not even the competition schedule.
    Nope, I&B's throw triple axel was done in the SP at the 2006 Olympics. No other team tried it in competition for years after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I don't give a rat's axel if Adam is the first or the 10th to land this in competition. I just want to see him return "with a fire in his belly" and compete like the beautiful skater that many of us love.
    Ditto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Ditto number two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Wasn't the first throw triple axel in international competition almost immediatly followed, in the same competition, by another throw triple axel? (Maybe I'm misremembering).

Imagine "the record books" being set only by the draw order, not even the competition schedule.

Life isn't fair. I hope Rippon does the first one. His lutzes are AMAZING. Plushenko has a lot of "oomph" but Rippon's seem effortless to me.
    I think that was the throw quad salchow.

vCash
    First quad throw salchow was Vise & Trent at 2007/2008 season TEB:

http://figureskating.about.com/od/fi...uadsalchow.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra07/SEG006.HTM

Miller & Moram attempted it at the same event, and skated earlier than Vise and Trent; however, their attempt was enough flawed that they are not credited with the first completed 4STh.
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 05-21-2011 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    Sorry Doris, that particular video doesn't work anymore. I think this one does - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jpta3pnChA

vCash
    Skittl, you might be thinking of the brief resurgence of the ladies 3x (now it's just Mao, I think). I remember there was all that buzz about Meissner, Nelidina? and Mao, and it just seemed like 3x after 3x for a teeny little while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ros01 View Post
    Skittl, you might be thinking of the brief resurgence of the ladies 3x (now it's just Mao, I think). I remember there was all that buzz about Meissner, Nelidina? and Mao, and it just seemed like 3x after 3x for a teeny little while.
    That would be Nakano and Nelidina at Skate America 2002. Though Nelidina's was really quite small and unimpressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    How is Chan being dragged into this is beyond me

Even if Chan's lutz is less nicer looking, if he landed it before anybody else then he's got the record, how is it unfair? But don't worry, I don't think Chan is going for the quad lutz, so the record will be left to those who can do a better looking lutz.

Oh my god, it was a freaking EXAMPLE. I just typed Chan because he happened to be the first other skater that popped into my head. If I'd said Abbott no doubt you'd all be dogpiling me too.

You lot are really impossible to deal with.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Obviously life's not fair. But it's also not fair that you can't state an opinion in this place without getting dogpiled. I wasn't attacking anyone, I wasn't being rude or overly harsh or unfair.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=426

First sentence. Take your own advice.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Oh my god, it was a freaking EXAMPLE. I just typed Chan because he happened to be the first other skater that popped into my head. If I'd said Abbott no doubt you'd all be dogpiling me too.

bye.

vCash
    misskarne, I'm a little confused at how it's unfair. I agree that it's beyond the skater's control, if that's what you mean, but unfair suggests something completely different.

Look at it this way: the skater who goes for it later as the advantage of having more time to prep/perfect it. Do you believe that's unfair to skaters who skate earlier in the GP season?

vCash

It's a message board. Do you think that you somehow should be exempt from anyone commenting on your posts? There's a saying about how if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    misskarne, I'm a little confused at how it's unfair. I agree that it's beyond the skater's control, if that's what you mean, but unfair suggests something completely different.
    I think their is a problem with the word "fair". It means a lot of different things to different people.

When I think of "fair" in the terms of sports- I think of rules being enacted properly and giving all skaters their best chance at winning.

But when I think of "fair" in the game of life, I think of it as "wouldn't it have been nice if the chips had fallen another way". I mean, it's not fair that I have very little athletic ability, and thus my skating sucks. Or it's not fair that I didn't get to skate as a child. Or it's not fair that Dick Button didn't have access to the athletic technology we have today- if he did, maybe he could have landed the quad lutz.

Fair is kind of a silly word. Nothing is fair, everyone has a problem with something. (It's not fair that we can't even reply to some posters without them thinking we are attacking them... or is it not fair that they can't post without being attacked?)

vCash
    Jeezus Christ, you try to make a point in this place and you get dogpiled.

I said Plushenko OR SOMEONE. I didn't say it had to be him. I still think it's most LIKELY to be him. But if it came down to, say, Skate Canada, and it hadn't been done yet, and Chan got the "record" because he was the skate before Adam, that'd still be unfair, because Adam's Lz is much nicer-looking than Chan's. IMO.

I made an observation of opinion that Adam's 4Lz was slightly underrotated (which it was but who knows what his other practice jumps were like?), and followed it up with a stream-of-consciousness comment.
    Um, if you consider that a dogpile, you need to get thicker skin. You know, opinions work both ways. If you state an opinion, you have to know that other people will state their opinion of what you said. That's how message boards work.

To whom is it unfair? Other skaters? Plushenko? I wasn't aware that figure skating revolved around fairness to Plushenko.

You're not required to deal with us, you realize that, right?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Floskate's post was fine, but the forty-eleven subsequent posts chastizing misskarne are dogpilling.

Moving on to the point of the thread: Yea Adam I would hate for a skater with such talent not to live up to their potential. Hoping this season ends much better than last year.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast