Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    The quad lutz looks great. I hope he puts it in to the program next year.

Has the axel entrance been reworked? It looks a little less curved on the entry, maybe?

vCash
    Very beautiful Quad Lutz.
    There's also a beautiful video of Michael Weiss' 4Lutz, and Gachinski's 4Loop and Flip on youtube.
    That's very impressive to see those attempts !

vCash
    I'm glad to see these clips.
    I'll look forward to next season's programs.

vCash
    Adam has the most gorgeous landing position. The free leg is amazing.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    YESSS Adam!

He is going to have a fire in his belly this year. This is just the start of great things moving forward. I love him.

vCash
    Good for Adam.
    Quad Lutz is a bit better for him than 3Axel.

vCash
    Nice!!!! (Just please don't get injured, Adam! I want you to have a fabulous 2011/2012 season!)

vCash
    Looks like it's under-rotated by over 1/4 turn, but definitely less than 1/2 turn so he'd get 70%. . . of 13.6 points! I'd take it! I would be so thrilled to see Adam become the first skater to land a quad lutz in competition.

vCash
    wow!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    Looks like it's under-rotated by over 1/4 turn, but definitely less than 1/2 turn so he'd get 70%. . . of 13.6 points! I'd take it! I would be so thrilled to see Adam become the first skater to land a quad lutz in competition.
    Me too!!

Wish for Adam to have a FAB next season and

Eugeni Pliuta could also land the 4z in practice, but never managed to land it in competition, he mostly put tried too hard and singled out. At Euros in Prague 99 I heard he did a beautiful one in the warm-up before the free skate...or was it worlds...I don't remember, sorry. At least he was capable, but never when it counted. Adam could still be the first YAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    Adam could still be the first YAY
    As nice as this is looking, with the current degree of under-rotation, my money is still on Plushenko to get there first. I bet he's kicking himself a little that he never tried it again after CoR 2001, because this is going to come down to one simple thing: the order that the GPs are run in.

I think it would be kind of unfair if Plushenko (or someone else) has got there first in practice but he doesn't get to be the first because CoR is the second or third GP of the season and he doesn't get assigned the first or second.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    As nice as this is looking, with the current degree of under-rotation, my money is still on Plushenko to get there first. I bet he's kicking himself a little that he never tried it again after CoR 2001, because this is going to come down to one simple thing: the order that the GPs are run in.

I think it would be kind of unfair if Plushenko (or someone else) has got there first in practice but he doesn't get to be the first because CoR is the second or third GP of the season and he doesn't get assigned the first or second.
    Why would it be unfair? No one has landed this cleanly in competition. Who ever does it first and has it ratified by the tech panel will have the honour of a place in history. There are so many skaters who did amazing things in practice but who never put them out in competition for a number of reasons; playing safe, didn't need it, fell, 2-footed, tried too hard and popped etc etc. There are a number of men who could land triple axels before Vern Taylor in 1978. Some tried them in competition (McKellen, Matsumura), others didn't (David Jenkins, Robin Cousins). But Vern Taylor has the footnote despite the fact that the one Jenkins landed in practice in 1957 was of way better quality! It's up to the skater and how much it actually matters to them.

vCash
    floskate,
    Thank you.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    floskate,
    Thank you.
    What you said!

vCash
    Beautiful - I love the cheering after he lands the jump. Thanks for sharing the link!

vCash
    Wasn't the first throw triple axel in international competition almost immediatly followed, in the same competition, by another throw triple axel? (Maybe I'm misremembering).

Imagine "the record books" being set only by the draw order, not even the competition schedule.

Life isn't fair. I hope Rippon does the first one. His lutzes are AMAZING. Plushenko has a lot of "oomph" but Rippon's seem effortless to me.

vCash
    Yay Adam - keep it up!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I think it's funny that a few people are saying this jump is underrotated and so forth. This is one jump. Who knows how many he did that day? This is just one attempt that was recorded. Off season has just started summer hasn't even officially started. Adam has a lot of time to get this 4 lutz to near perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Showing your bias much? Exactly what floskate says.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    floskate,
    Thank you.
    This!

In Salt Lake City I did feel a little bit sad for Frederic Dambier in the sp though. He landed his 4 salchow, but an hour earlier or so, Timothy Goeble landed his 4salchow and became the first man in olympic history to do so. That's life, the draw decided who went down in the history books.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast